The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

What the actual?! MV posted this an hour ago on FSM:

wow, you guys haven't guessed one title!

MV

There's 8 pages worth of guesses in that one thread alone. Does he mean nobody has guessed a single title from this batch? Or that one title in the batch hasn't been guessed yet? If he means the former, that means no Superman, no Potter, no JFK, no Hook, no Schindler's List, no Towering Inferno... surely not?

Someone else cleverly interpreted it as a red herring, which we know LLL enjoy from time to time.

I bet this will turn out to be a red herring:

"wow, you guys haven't guessed one title!    …    you've guessed all five!"

Thankfully it's not much longer to wait; the suspense is killing me!

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I understand it more like that

If that's indeed the case, it's gotta be some brilliantly kept secret. Eight pages of guesses makes me think people would've run the gamut on all the obvious and not-so-obvious titles by now.

The guesses everyone keeps adding are their hopes for this batch. If not a single person's guess is in this batch, then we might be looking at a pretty subpar Black Friday announcement. 

No Harry Potter, or any of the other highly-anticipated Williams scores. Surely this wouldn't be "a year for the books" in that case.

2 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I have to admit... when we first started talking about HP possibly getting a Black Friday release, I was skeptical, and would not have been disappointed if it ended up not happened. But at this point, after a month of all this hype, I have to say I'm going to be extremely disappointed if it isn't announced.

I have to admit that having the total surprise of the John Williams Jurassic Park Collection a couple of years back was pretty awesome. Most of us had no clue it was coming so it was such a great moment to see that announced. 

7 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Without a hint of a doubt, there's one title that nobody has mentioned yet. That's the way it was meant.

Shit I hope so.

I'm mostly hoping for something I want because I have nothing else to get myself for Christmas. If nothing I'm looking for is announced, I have nothing to put under my tree. :(

4 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I have to admit... when we first started talking about HP possibly getting a Black Friday release, I was skeptical, and would not have been disappointed if it ended up not happening. But at this point, after a month of all this hype, I have to say I'm going to be extremely disappointed if it isn't announced. Or at least anything significant.

Same here. I'm so sure that it's coming that the surprise will be less impactful than the disappointment.

2 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I have to admit... when we first started talking about HP possibly getting a Black Friday release, I was skeptical, and would not have been disappointed if it ended up not happening. But at this point, after a month of all this hype, I have to say I'm going to be extremely disappointed if it isn't announced. Or at least anything significant.

This being their last major announcement of the year, there's no way LLL failed to keep their powder dry and not have a truly exciting slate of titles ready for us.

I consider HP and SL as givens, so the real surprise and joy for me will be if that un-guessed title is something I didn't know I needed until I laid eyes on it.

18 minutes ago, Chewy said:

But that won't happen since HP is coming, right?

52 minutes.. I'll bet the LLL folks are having some fun right now watching us twist in the wind like this because they know they're going to crush it with their announcement. I know I would!

1 minute ago, Arpy said:

Will Potter break the internet?

Or LLL's servers?

The question is, which will be first? LLL's Facebook posts, new pages on their website, or Jay un-hiding all the pre-made threads about the releases on the main board?

1 minute ago, Incanus said:

And then we have the whole weekend to hype about these releases before they go on sale next Tuesday, right. :P 

And we can start all the frenzied panicking about which holy grail alternates Williams demanded be omitted!

24 minutes ago, Arpy said:

Then we can all comment in the thread for order no.s/shipping confirmations!

fml

Then I can complain that nobody sent me a shipping notice, only for it to turn up in my letterbox the next day.

LLL has never disappointed with their Black Friday releases, so if there’s no Williams, I’m not going to care because there will be 5 other fantastic releases.

Dracula and the Cowboys were more than enough.

1 minute ago, crumbs said:

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

INDIANA JONES QUADRILOGY BOX SET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE FORCE AWAKENS COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!

THE SUGARLAND EXPRESS!!!!!!!!!

Three releases that really need to happen under Matessino's supervision.

Plz. Stop.