The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

The Varese DE of The Matrix is nowhere close to being complete

Oh, ok! Well this development with Varese certainly opens doors then...

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

The Advenures of Batman and Robin

Interesting that unreleased titles were included. I wonder at what stage LLL actually numbers their releases?

Could be imagining things but I thought JFK was basically finished years ago -- just awaiting final approvals. But that's nowhere to be seen.

Nope, the MutterPotter and Friends, but not all because fuck you, will be the next one.

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

Nah, there'll be other Williams titles out before then

I'm guessing Always 30th anniversary, throwaway bottlecap like SPR.

And Hook.

Info on upcoming releases and repressings from MV posted on the FSM message board:

To be perfectly honest with you I have no idea when anything is coming out any more. I have thrown in the towel. I haven't a clue when things will be approved. I mean, hell -- Chilling Adventure of Sabrina was supposed to be done for April! We can't get any Sony Music titles repressed because they moved to another manufacturing plant and lost everyone's booklets and trays. WEA moved to another plant and we can't even get in our repressings of Superman and Harry Potter because no one knows what happened to the cds they supposedly sent to us!

And don't get me started on approvals and contracts! I swear, this is the year that everything seems to have gone to BLEEP! Thank god for a stellar Black Friday slate last year and an awesome 1st quarter of leftover 2018 titles that have let us glide through this crazy new release slate relatively unscathed, financially speaking. Apes set really helped us out when we needed it, but as of right now we have nothing coming out for sure except the Orville S1 LP which will be Aug 13.

BTW, there is no July 30 release.

Sorry to vent, but that's what is happening now. Tons of titles are on back order, new stuff has to be approved and contracts are still pending. At this rate Black Friday titles might be Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and Elfman's Mission Impossible, along with the 31st anniversary 4 cd set of DIE HARD!!!!!!

MV

• 2 weeks later...

We can't get any Sony Music titles repressed because they moved to another manufacturing plant and lost everyone's booklets and trays. WEA moved to another plant and we can't even get in our repressings of Superman and Harry Potter because no one knows what happened to the cds they supposedly sent to us!

Whaa? You're going through all the crap a label producer has to go through and then Sony/Warner just loses your stuff?

Jesus....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Neil S. Bulk has revealed that the previously mentioned "Stargate" expanded album is being assembled at this very moment. 

https://twitter.com/nsbulk/status/1163941768787742720?s=20

Follow him for updates, but so far he's said it's going to be a 2-disc set released in a few months (possible Black Friday release?)

and David Arnold said it sounds terrific. Neil also said that August 20, 1994 was the first day of recording the score. 

S:TM back in stock!  Also, Superman II/III ($30) and Home Alone 2 ($15) currently on sale until Sept. 9th

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS 
NEW RELEASES: Tues, 12 noon (PST) AUGUST 27, 2019

New Releases available to order at www.lalalandrecords.com 
Tues, 12 noon (PST) AUGUST 27, 2019

“PET SEMATARY TWO: LIMITED EDITION”
Music by Mark Governor
Limited Edition of 1000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98
STARTS SHIPPING SEPT. 2

PART 2 – THE SEQUEL SPECIAL! 
We’re celebrating our new release of PET SEMATARY TWO with big savings on these other Part 2 film sequel score titles!

SUPERMAN II/III (3-CD SET) is ONLY $30 EACH

THE MATRIX RELOADED (2-CD SET) is  ONLY $20 EACH

FLETCH LIVES and HOME ALONE 2 (2-CD SET) are ONLY $15 EACH

AIRPLANE II, 21/22 JUMP STREET (2-CD SET), JEWEL OF THE NILE, KINGSMAN – THE GOLDEN CIRCLE, X2 (2-CD SET) are ONLY $10 EACH

Special offer starts 8/27 at 12 noon (pst) and runs through 9/9. Only atwww.lalalandrecords.com

BACK IN STOCK!  
SUPERMAN THE MOVIE: 40th ANNIVERSARY (3-CD SET), TITANIC: LIMITED EDITION (4-CD SET),  STAR TREK 50th ANNIV COLLECTION (4-CD SET), THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION (2-CD SET), DIE ANOTHER DAY: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER (4-CD SET), DAY OF THE DEAD (2-CD SET), DENNIS THE MENACE, FERRIS BUELLER’S DAY OFF, SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISCHER, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: SEASON 4 (2-CD SET)

PET SEMATARY TWO: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1505
Music by Mark Governor
Limited Edition of 1000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

STARTS SHIPPING SEPT. 2

Order at www.lalalandrecords.com starting 8/27 at 12noon (pst) and get your CD booklet autographed by composer Mark Governor at no additional charge. Autographs are available only while supplies last and are NOT guaranteed.

petsematary2-Web.jpgLa-La Land Records and Paramount Pictures proudly present the world premiere release of composer Mark Governor’s (MINDWARP) original motion picture score to the 1992 feature film shocker 1992, PET SEMATARY TWO, starring Edward Furlong, Anthony Edwards and Clancy Brown, and directed by Mary Lambert. Director Lambert returns to the ancient Native American cemetery of the original 1989 film, but purposefully spins this underrated sequel in a different, wildly over-the-top, fast-paced direction, crackling with gory, supernatural shocks and abundant dark humor. Composer Governor both matches and propels Lambert’s vision, crafting a striking and dynamic fusion of gothic rock and classic orchestra. The result is a rich musical landscape that churns up dark emotion and excitement as it spikes with scares and broils in brooding heartache. Along with the score, this presentation also showcases the film’s integral songs written by Governor – “Love Never Dies,” performed by Traci Lords and “Fading Away,” performed by Jan King and more. Produced by Mark Governor and Dan Goldwasser, remixed by Governor, and mastered by Doug Schwartz, this special limited edition CD release of 1000 units features exclusive, in-depth liner notes by writer Daniel Schweiger, featuring new interview comments by the director, composer and co-star Clancy Brown. Art design is by Dan Goldwasser.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Main Title 2:00
2. Electrocution 1:55
3. Funeral 2:13
4. Vet’s Office 1:10
5. Cat Walk / Tiger vs. Zowie / Jeff Punches Clyde 1:32
6. Pet Sematary 2:12
7. Fading Away (feat. Jan King) 3:16
8. Burying Zowie / Micmac 3:29
9. Zowie Returns 0:56
10. Jeff’s Nightmare 1:04
11. Halloween / Mommy’s Here 0:46
12. Amanda Confesses / Gus Gets It 1:47
13. Oh My God… / Ditchin’ Gus 0:59
14. Gus Comes Back / Rape / Twins / Fist 2:21
15. Chase Loads Gun 0:39
16. Love Never Dies (feat. Traci Lords) 3:26
17. Moped Chase 1:55
18. Gus Chases Drew 1:04
19. Drew Escapes 1:45
20. One Potato, Two Potato / Jeff in the Attic 3:33
21. Jeff Digs Mom 2:32
22. Zowie Bites / Doggie Door / Mannequin 2:25
23. Gus Drills Chase 1:10
24. Renee Returns / Family Reunion 3:21
25. Clyde Returns 2:15
26. Gush Forth My Tears (includes excerpts of “Renee Burns”) 1:28
27. Leaving Town 1:29
total score time: 53:40

bonus tracks
28. Love Never Dies (original mix feat. Jan King) 3:25
29. Dead (unused song feat. Mark Governor) 2:00
30. Fading Away (instrumental) 3:26
31. Love Never Dies (instrumental) 3:27
32. Dead (instrumental) 2:00
33. Main Title (demo) 1:24
34. Electrocution (demo) 1:59
35. Jeff’s Nightmare (demo) 1:29
36. Love Never Dies (demo feat. Mark Governor) 2:52
total album time: 75:58

ATTENTION IRWIN ALLEN & CLASSIC TV FANS! 
Check out the incredible new book THE FANTASY WORLDS OF IRWIN ALLEN by Jeff Bond! Available to order now at www.creaturefeatures.com !

LA-LA LAND IS A SPONSOR OF SLEEPY HOLLOW INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL THIS OCT IN SLEEPY HOLLOW & TARRYTOWN, NY! See the 70th Anniversary of Disney’s “Legend of Sleepy Hollow,” Jeffrey Combs as Edgar Allan Poe live-on-stage in “Nevermore,” and much more! Check it out and get passes/tickets now! www.sleepyhollowfilmfest.com and www.tarrytownmusichall.org

Is Home Alone 2 worth getting if you have Home Alone? I always had the impression the sequel music was just more of the same, in the way COS so heavily relied on re-recordings of music from PS.

13 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Is Home Alone 2 worth getting if you have Home Alone? I always had the impression the sequel music was just more of the same, in the way COS so heavily relied on re-recordings of music from PS.

I was never a big fan of the HA2 OST, except for the two new carols. The reason I upgraded to the expanded edition, was to get the alternate versions of the carols.

He didn't mean traditional carols, he meant the two originals Williams wrote for the score: "Christmas Star" and "Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas," both of which are wonderful mainstays of my Christmastime listening, and in every way stand alongside the two from the first movie.

EDIT: jinx!

@crumbs It might not be the time of year for it, but give this cue a listen.  It's an arrangement based on one of the two new songs in the film.  There's a ton of great original music in the sequel!  This cue always gives me Hook vibes.  It's like Hook with sleigh bells!

Off the top of my head, the OST is a regular OST, then there's two song compilations that largely overlap, the Varèse CD is great but was out of print by 2012 so they re-released its content on LLL and added some source music. I do think it's too bad that LLL couldn't include all the songs like they did with HA. They're really worth adding.