The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

47 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Well, HP isn't exactly dissimilar from Hook in places.  Williams in his florid, richly romantic mode that he does for children's movies like that.

Yeah true, it just really reminded me of the main melody in Through the Doors from HP1

13 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Is there a reason HA2 has had so many different expansions/releases in expanded form? 

I don't understand your question, it's really not complicated.  There was one OST.  Then one expansion.  Then that went OOP.  So LLL re-released it with a few more tracks.  Simple.

Oh, fair enough. Why weren't those bonus tracks on the original expansion? Were there newly discovered source elements to improve the AQ or something? Or they just needed something meaty to justify a reissue? 

I think in 2002 they just weren't being as thorough with these things as they eventually started doing later.  So in 2012 they rectified that.  The same source element was used for both

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Dunno how you got that impression, Home Alone 2 is full of awesome music newly written for the sequel!

The LLL set is a must-have!

it's worth it for "Angels With Even Filthier Souls" alone!

Does anyone else with the Danny Elfman Batman Collection have audio glitches on disc 4, track 1 (Umbrella Source/The Children's Hour/War)?

EAC ripped the disc and said there were no errors, but even playing it on my PS3 there were noticeable defects (which are now present in the audio rip as well). There are no marks or scratches on the disc that I can see. Timestamps in the track are about 1:29, 4:45 and 6:20.

They sound like this:

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

Just double checked my rip and it has nothing like that at those places.

1 hour ago, Arpy said:

@crumbs Can confirm, glitches in each of those spots. 

Well, I guess this means there was a bad batch and this isn't isolated. Had you noticed these glitches before I pointed them out @Arpy?

And thanks for checking @Disco Stu, confirms my copy is defective.

6 minutes ago, Fal J. M. Skywalker said:

Have you tried re-ripping just the tracks affected?

Wouldn't be much point. EAC said no read or rip errors, but the glitches occur on both my PC and PS3. Has to be a defective disc? I'll have to contact LLL. 

Anyone else with this set able to verify if they're affected? 

Well I had slips on some label releases when I ripped a whole album, that went away when I ripped in chunks, I also had static in my rip of Rozsa's King of Kings, that went away when I changed formats (wav to Flac or vice versa, I don't recall which)

@crumbs I hadn't got around to listening to the score yet! I'd ripped them using EAC, no errors etc, so didn't think anything of it. Not sure if I'm bothered asking LLL for a replacement disc, though.

Labor Day Flash Sale

LaborDayFlashSaleEmail.jpg

LABOR DAY FLASH SALE!  TAKE 15% OFF YOUR ENTIRE PURCHASE NOW at www.lalalandrecords.com   Place your order and a 15% discount will be applied to your purchase at the end of the online checkout process! Offer expires 11:59pm (pst) on Monday 9/1. (This offer does not include the purchasing of gift certificates).

12 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

I've received three e-mails in three days about this labour day sale now… Reading between the lines, I'd say this is not a good year for them.

It's not a year for the books.

On 8/28/2019 at 4:40 AM, crumbs said:

Does anyone else with the Danny Elfman Batman Collection have audio glitches on disc 4, track 1 (Umbrella Source/The Children's Hour/War)?

EAC ripped the disc and said there were no errors, but even playing it on my PS3 there were noticeable defects (which are now present in the audio rip as well). There are no marks or scratches on the disc that I can see. Timestamps in the track are about 1:29, 4:45 and 6:20.

Yes the copy I bought when the Batman/Batman Returns box was first released had glitches in that track and I e-mailed LLL and they sent me a replacement for the disc.

Email

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS
NEW RELEASES: Tues, 12 noon (PST) SEPTEMBER 10, 2019

New Releases available to order at www.lalalandrecords.com
Tues, 12 noon (PST) SEPTEMBER, 2019

“MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)”
Music by Danny Elfman
Limited Edition of 3000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $29.98
STARTS SHIPPING SEPT. 13

“FRIDAY THE 13th PART VI: JASON LIVES”
Music by Harry Manfredini
RETAIL PRICE: $15.98
STARTS SHIPPING SEPT. 13

THE “JASON IS ON A MISSION” SPECIAL!

We’re celebrating our new releases of MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE ’96 and FRIDAY THE 13th PART VI: JASON LIVES with big savings on these related film score titles!

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE ROGUE NATION and FRIDAY THE 13th are ONLY $10 EACH

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT (2-CD SET) and FRIDAY THE 13th PARTS 2&3 (2-CD SET) and FRIDAY THE 13th PARTS 4&5 (2-CD SET) are ONLY $15 EACH

Special offer starts 9/10 at 12 noon (pst) and runs through 9/23. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

Really surprised we're at September and there's no low-key release of Always for its 30th yet, ala the surprise release of SPR in mid-2018.

Likewise nothing on Sugarland for its potential 45th. Maybe Mike is too busy prepping a huge Star Wars set for Disney at the moment? 

Are we all going to ignore the fact that the expanded M:I is finally officially announced and coming out this week?? I for one am super excited for this!

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Really surprised we're at September and there's no low-key release of Always for its 30th yet, ala the surprise release of SPR in mid-2018.

Likewise nothing on Sugarland for its potential 45th. Maybe Mike is too busy prepping a huge Star Wars set for Disney at the moment? 

Has there been anything said or written to suggest that Always is being worked on, other than 2019 being the film’s anniversary?

As for MM, all I’ll say is he damn well better be busy working on SW now, regardless of whichever movies are hitting anniversaries this year!

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

No one even mentioned the Friday the 13th Part VI score that released alongside Mission: Impossible.  Did you buy it @mstrox?

It’s a very good horror score, and maybe a series best!  I own it in the sold out box.