The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

I've actually wondered this past week how often the heads of these small labels make decisions like "I haven't seen this film/series and don't care to, and I hate what I heard of this score - but this window is open now, there will be people happy for it and at least we'll have something coming out that month."

9 hours ago, crumbs said:

Hope you guys like them.

Is it just me or this declaration sounds almost like an early apologize?

"We released a lot of stuff you guys have been clamoring on the past few years, JP collection, Titanic, Potter 1-3, but this year all we have is some obscure score from the 80s by some guy you'll have to Google to find out who he was. No Star Wars, Indy or Hook this year, folks."

Mike Matessino on FSM a bit ago:

As the producer of a dozen La-La Land titles that are already mastered, nine of which have art completed, I can confirm that releases are coming and that MV's decision makes good sense at this point.

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=118900&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=144&r=788#bottom

Art is like the last thing to be completed, right? Because you need the tracklist and liner notes and everything. So, 9 releases stuck in what's probably the very last stage of approvals, damn. From that and previous comments I assume the "no hype" thing comes from just having no clue what will finally get approved and when.

More info from MM...

As the producer of a dozen La-La Land titles that are already mastered, nine of which have art completed, I can confirm that releases are coming and that MV's decision makes good sense at this point.

Just out of curiosity, is that including Bride of Frankenstein?

Yes, I was referring to everything that has not been announced yet, including something before Bride as well as titles that might not appear well into next year, not just Black Friday.

21 hours ago, crumbs said:

What's MV referring to with people 'ruining the fun'? Is that in relation to those people who complained that some obscure moon documentary score wasn't the 500th release? 

Sounds to me like they're upset we figured out Harry Potter. In all seriousness, they're not apologizing for the Black Friday batch, just exasperated because someone will complain no matter what.

16 hours ago, Holko said:

And a 5 disc Hook set. The indulgence of STTMP times 2.

Ah, the Spartacus treatment, only for Williams.

Yes but not talking about them in advance any more. No hype. Nothing. Folks around here and other boards ruined the fun so the titles will just come out. Hope you guys like them.

MV

Is he being serious? If so I think that's a really bad idea. It's not just about the "hype", but for people to have a good timeframe to know when specific releases will be released and when; that way you can prepare to order something that might be in high demand and might sell out quickly. Also some of us don't have the money up front and announcing the titles gives us time to move things around or save the money. I think this could fuck up their business more than they think it will. I guarantee this decision will bite MV in the ass.

29 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Is he being serious? If so I think that's a really bad idea. It's not just about the "hype", but for people to have a good timeframe to know when specific releases will be released and when; that way you can prepare to order something that might be in high demand and might sell out quickly. Also some of us don't have the money up front and announcing the titles gives us time to move things around or save the money. I think this could fuck up their business more than they think it will. I guarantee this decision will bite MV in the ass.

But you still know when BF is...

Here, more info for ya

Spoiler

Orders start 12 noon (pst) on 9/24 at www.lalalandrecords.com

ChildsPlay2_Web.jpg La-La Land Records and Universal Studios proudly present the sixth title in the acclaimed Universal Pictures Film Music Heritage Collection -- the world premiere official release of the original motion picture score to the big-screen 1990 horror sequel, CHILD’S PLAY 2, starring Alex Vincent, Jenny Agutter and Christine Elise and directed by John Lafia. Acclaimed composer Graeme Revell (DEAD CALM, THE CROW, TITAN A.E.) fashions a knockout orchestral genre score for the first sequel to the landmark horror hit CHILD’S PLAY, utilizing a 90 piece orchestral to unleash Chucky’s possessed-doll rampage with notable fury. Presented here for the first time, the score, orchestrated and conducted by Shirley Walker, and recorded by Bruce Botnick, is a revelation – arguably one of the ‘90s’ best horror film scores. Produced, edited and mastered by Mike Matessino, this special CD release, limited to 3000 units, features exclusive, in-depth liner notes by Zach Tow, which include new interview comments from the composer. The killer art design is by Dan Goldwasser.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Main Title (The Limousine) 3:22
2. Electrocution 1:06
3. Empty Tray / The Closet :55
4. Near Crash 1:23
5. Vodka Stop / Uncle Charles 1:27
6. Bag Mattson 2:06
7. Stalking The House 2:17
8. The Burial :44
9. Tommy / Chucky Moves /Basement Toss / School Bus 1:28
10. Swing Set :55
11. Bound And Gagged :59
12. At School 1:37
13. Yardstick 3:30
14. Electric Knife 4:14
15. How’s It Hangin’? 1:23
16. Under The Stairs / Garbage Can 5:14
17. Crash :48
18. Cop Stop / Throttle Kyle :58
19. Photocopy Finish 1:25
20. Van Chase To Factory 3:22
21. Knockout :36
22. The Chant 1:34
23. Labyrinth / Knife Arm 4:46
24. New Eyeballs 2:08
25. Meltdown And Blowup 5:30
26. End Credits 5:24
TOTAL TIME: 59:43

Mike Matessino... so this is the one of The Nine that's coming before Bride of Frankenstein?

6 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

MV was talking exclusively about bollemanneke.  Thanks a lot bolle! You ruined the fun!

I obviously know you're joking, but his boohoohoo attitude really annoys me. How exactly did we ruin the fun, by eagerly anticipating their releases and by being happy about the latest batch, or by reading a concert program none of us wrote? It's not my problem they're stuck with non-digital releases that keep getting out of stock and that they only release two CDs a year that my generation cares about. That's their problem (yeah, I know, liceense fees, I know). It's also not our problem that business is going very badly (that's what I'm deducing from that depressing message anyway).

Also, does this realyl mean we won't even get a FB announcement? Will they just appear on their website?! That's insane! Who's ruining the fun now? I think it's time a certain someone played in the sandbox to calm down for a bit.