The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Here's what's revealed in the image for the blind folks out there

Thursday October 17th

• The Bride of Frankenstein by Franz Waxman [3,000 units]
  • Minority Report by John Williams (2CDs)  [3,500 units]
  • The Quinn Martin Collection, Volume 2 - The Invaders by Dominic Frontiere, Duane Tatro, Richard Markowitz, Irving Gertz, Sidney Cutter [2,000 units]
  • Gemini Man by Lorne Balfe [3,000 units]

12 hours ago, Jay said:

Tuesday October 17th

• The Quinn Martin Collection, Volume 2 - The Invaders by Dominic Frontiere, Duane Tatro, Richard Markowitz, Irving Gertz, Sidney Cutter [2,000 units]

Thank you!

On 10/3/2019 at 2:02 PM, Jay said:

Tuesday October 17th

If if someone was blind, this post would do them no good either.

😉

27 minutes ago, Mr. Manfrenjensenden said:

If if someone was blind, this post would do them no good either.

Have you never heard of braille? 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Have you never heard of braille? 

Humor Jay,  humor. Hence the winky face. 

54 minutes ago, Mr. Manfrenjensenden said:

Humor Jay,  humor. Hence the winky face. 

Yea, but, what you said doesn't really make any sense we all all know bollen reads the forum via braille, which is why I typed it out for him, which he already thanked me for doing, before you made your... joke?

By the way don't you mean Tuesday October 7th?  October 17th is on a Thursday.

Edit: I looked at their Facebook page and it says the 17th sorry.  But the 17th is on a Thursday not a Tuesday.

18 minutes ago, Jay said:

we all all know bollen reads the forum via braille, which is why I typed it out for him.

Does everyone know that? No.

My point above was a non-literal 'read', as in I knew bollen has some way to 'take in' what's typed out.

There's a lot of stuff you're saying lately which you assume is obvious or clear to everyone, and it's not, sorry.

1 minute ago, Richard Penna said:

There's a lot of stuff you're saying lately which you assume is obvious or clear to everyone, and it's not. Sorry, but I had to say it.

I have to agree with Richard on this one.

11 minutes ago, Trent B said:

By the way don't you mean Tuesday October 7th?  October 17th is on a Thursday.

Edit: I looked at their Facebook page and it says the 17th sorry.  But the 17th is on a Thursday not a Tuesday.

Typo fixed

9 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Does everyone know that? No.

My point above was a non-literal 'read', as in I knew bollen has some way to 'take in' what's typed out.

There's a lot of stuff you're saying lately which you assume is obvious or clear to everyone, and it's not, sorry.

Like what?

8 minutes ago, Trent B said:

I have to agree with Richard on this one.

How so?

21 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I didn't even know until just now that a braille keyboard reader even exists. Fascinating.

Then you haven't seen Sneakers. Watch it. Great film, great score.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Anyone else never receive a gift card email after that 25% off sale they had back in May? I bought $150 worth and only just realized I never got an email for it. 

Yes! I emailed them several months after the purchase, and got in reply that the LLL IT guy would email me the code. After several weeks, I still hadn't received any such email, so I contacted them again. Then the IT guy finally sent the code. 

They claimed that the original email with the code had been sent out when I made the order, but it didn't appear in my spam filter either.

Seriously, how hard would it be to include the code in the order history on the website?

6 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Yes! I emailed them several months after the purchase, and got in reply that the LLL IT guy would email me the code. After several weeks, I still hadn't received any such email, so I contacted them again. Then the IT guy sent the code. 

They claimed that the original email with the code had been sent out when I made the order, but it didn't appear in my spam filter either.

Seriously, how hard would it be to include the code in the order history on the website?

Thanks this helps. I contacted them yesterday but have yet to hear back. Wanted to use it for Minority Report but couldn’t find the email anywhere in my Gmail. Only the actual order confirmation. 

7 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Yes! I emailed them several months after the purchase, and got in reply that the LLL IT guy would email me the code. After several weeks, I still hadn't received any such email, so I contacted them again. Then the IT guy sent the code. 

I emailed LLL about a gift certificate code just a few days after buying one and they told me the same thing -- "Check your email." Thankfully, the iT guy responded quickly for me, but it's funny they've incorrectly told multiple customers the code is in their emails.

We're supposed to get an email with a code for the gift certificate? I just assumed my account would know that I have a gift certificate and would let me apply it on my next order. Doesn't look like I've received a code either. And I guess that's the reason why my order still say "partially shipped".

They opted to use PayPal only for payments on the newly revised website and unfortunately my country is not on PayPal list  therefore I can't place orders from their directly. MV told me the IT guy would work on restoring the old method which allows credit card to work independently but still hasn't..... I merely order from other retailers now. But MV will manually process my orders over the phone so that's not bad. 

On 10/19/2019 at 12:03 PM, Marian Schedenig said:

We're supposed to get an email with a code for the gift certificate? I just assumed my account would know that I have a gift certificate and would let me apply it on my next order. Doesn't look like I've received a code either. And I guess that's the reason why my order still say "partially shipped".

But gift certificates are usually given to someone else as a gift. It wouldn't make sense to apply it to the person who bought it.