The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

But gift certificates are usually given to someone else as a gift. It wouldn't make sense to apply it to the person who bought it.

Good point, but since I did order it for myself, I never thought that far. ;) Anyway, message to LLL sent.

First the Complete Jurassic Park Boxset, then the Complete Harry Potter Boxset, and this year? 

There's only one answer. The Complete Indiana Jones Boxset, including Kingdom of the Crystal Skull! 

59 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

First the Complete Jurassic Park Boxset, then the Complete Harry Potter Boxset, and this year? 

There's only one answer. The Complete Indiana Jones Boxset, including Kingdom of the Crystal Skull! 

So what happens when Williams scores the final entry in the coming years? Better to wait and get the whole collection!

1 hour ago, Arpy said:

So what happens when Williams scores the final entry in the coming years? 

Is this really happening? Frankly, I doubt there'll be another Indiana Jones installment scored by JW. I'd be happy if it happened, but I find that rather unlikely at this point.

2 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Maybe Disney will surprise us in a few days with a huge Star Wars box set produced by MM.

That would be the day! 

:jump:

Over the years, I've noticed that whenever a very high profile composer and an extremely popular title is expected to come out; the labels usually go in a super silence mode even though they are in the habits of giving hints. So this could mean something awesome and unbelievable good is coming for sure!!  And once its revealed, its expected that you and I would not be the same. :D

29 minutes ago, Arpy said:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2482403/indiana-jones-5-what-we-know-so-far

I don't know the veracity of these claims, but it's a safe bet (unless anything happens to JW) that he's scoring it.

jwi5.PNG

I don't doubt JW will score it if it's made soon. 

I just doubt another Indiana Jones film will be made in the near future. 

3 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Wish I was here when the JP Boxset was announced. I can only imagine the reactions!

As for other JW releases, I was really confused when I saw the tracklist for Concord's Indy, so I hope to see a less randomly assembled collection pop up in the future.
I'm not sure I remember what's missing from LLL's expanded Hook, but I must say, a complete SW collection would be insane: since I've never thoroughly listened to all the episodes' soundtracks, that would be something I'm more than willing to throw my wallet at.

37 minutes ago, redishere said:

Wish I was here when the JP Boxset was announced. I can only imagine the reactions!

Huh? Where were you? 

It was pretty insane, yeah. Everybody screaming and jumping for joy. I didn't think it would ever be topped.... Until the following year, when they announced the Complete John Williams Harry Potter Collection! 

Just now, Josh500 said:

Huh? Where were you? 

It was pretty insane, yeah. Everybody screaming and jumping for joy. I didn't think it would ever be topped.... Until the following year, when they announced the Complete John Williams Harry Potter Collection! 

I wasn’t a part of JWFan yet, unfortunately. But I remember when the HP Boxset was announced: boy was I hyped! 

I think the JP box was the point where LLL's BF batch went from being just a final batch which usually had some cool stuff, to having one 'WOW' release surrounded by other above average releases.

It does set up hype that may be difficult to fulfill though.

2 hours ago, redishere said:

1 hour ago, Josh500 said:

Your memory fails you.  Jurassic Park boxset was Black Friday 2016, while Harry Potter boxset was Black Friday 2018.

In between, we had the year of ET and CE3K

10 minutes ago, Jay said:

Your memory fails you.  Jurassic Park boxset was Black Friday 2016, while Harry Potter boxset was Black Friday 2018.

In between, we had the year of ET and CE3K

That's right! 

Then I hope this year we get the John Williams Oliver Stone Collaboration boxset! 😅 

Braveheart, Jurassic Park, Titanic, Harry Potter. 

We’ve had some good years.

Genuinely don’t it can be topped on a personal level. The rest of the Potters is all I really need from LaLaLand in terms of films and franchise scores I love. 

There are lots of scores I still want but nothing with the wow factor of the 4 above 

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Those films are owned by different studios and will never be bundled together

I'd be happy if they released even one of them! Starting with JFK... 

Yeah, me too, the Williams scores from his collaborations with Stone are long overdue for an expansion. 

And, since I don't think we'll get JW franchise expansions on the near future (I really don't see Disney entering on an agreement with a smaller label like LLL, so, no SW or Indy for now) this and non expanded Spielberg scores (Amistad, CMIYC, WOTW, Terminal) are the next best thing.

Well, this and The Patriot, of course, lol.

4 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Yeah, me too, the Williams scores from his collaborations with Stone are long overdue for an expansion. 

And, since I don't think we'll get JW franchise expansions... 

Never say never! 

Oh, I forgot to add "on the near future", but I already edited the post, thanks.

I mean, if MM can convince JW, who knows if he can convince Disney overlords to let him expand some of their scores on their huge catalogue...

43 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Just a thought that, given their history with the project and the influx of Tom Cruise releases in the last few months, Top Gun will probably be a Black Friday release.

Makes sense. Weren’t Beverly Hills Cop I and II Black Friday releases a few years ago?

Last I heard, the time delay was due to “TC.”  I haven’t been following closely because I’ve never seen Top Gun and don’t drop by FSM much anymore, so It’s possible he’s updated that.  I could see the upcoming sequel being a cause for embargo on that release for a time.

On 10/20/2019 at 2:53 PM, Marian Schedenig said:

Good point, but since I did order it for myself, I never thought that far. ;) Anyway, message to LLL sent.

And they've already responded with my code. Good service!

21 hours ago, Corellian2019 said:

Wondering if Stargate will be a part of this batch or Black Friday

I’d wager you have a good chance of being right. 

But your guess could be wrong too....

21 hours ago, Corellian2019 said:

Wondering if Stargate will be a part of this batch or Black Friday

I’m betting it’ll be Black Friday, taking the place of the semi-traditional David Arnold Bond score this year.

To me Stargate is a sort of an Deluxe Encore release. I think it should come in the November batch. But I vaguely remember that MV indicated as a December release. Also Darkman. I guess either one if not both will be in the early November batch. 

I'm happy with the '94 Milan. And people will claim "better sound", but really how can you improve on what was already a stunning aural experience that was the album? The same goes for many other 90s OSTs that sounded amazing already, but as soon as an expanded offers a remaster, people are quick to claim how much better they think it sounds, but do they really??

1 hour ago, Thekthithm said:

I'm happy with the '94 Milan. And people will claim "better sound", but really how can you improve on what was already a stunning aural experience that was the album? The same goes for many other 90s OSTs that sounded amazing already, but as soon as an expanded offers a remaster, people are quick to claim how much better they think it sounds, but do they really??

The remastering process has certainly improved by a significant upgrade in the tools being used now and what was done in the previous decade. If they felt that they need to do a reissue then it must have been for a very good reason such as Better quality tapes or first generation masters. And any unreleased alternates or bonus cues with the OST album paired would make a tantalizing offer to both old and new fans. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update from MV, guess we should curb our enthusiasm?  Or trying to throw us off the trail?  ;)

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=4&threadID=138168&archive=0

We have 3 more releases coming out before the Black Friday batch. Two on Tuesday, Nov 5 and 1 Nov 19.

5 releases planned for Black Friday. I'm sure we will anger/disappoint most of you. Do NOT expect anything like last year's batch. That was lightening in a bottle.

MV