The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

This will be my 10th Black Friday. I always find something interesting in their final releases so their comments don't worry me one bit. :)

I'm also curious to see what they have in store for this month. Although part of me hopes it is nothing special. My wallet begs for mercy.

Karol

Wowwee, I wasn't expecting they still had 8 titles to come this year.  That's awesome!

What are all the titles they've hinted as being in the works?

Stargate.... Darkman.... what am I forgetting?  Another Star Trek volume?  Which show was up next again?

One of the pre-Black Friday ones is certainly Junkie XL's Terminator 6.

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

What are all the titles they've hinted as being in the works?

I think they have volumes of X-Files and Batman the Animated Series in the works as well, unless things have changed.  At some point they were waiting for TC's approvals for Top Gun, although that may have fallen by the wayside.

I'd be happy for a low-key Black Friday.  I still have tons of stuff to catch up on from the last few years

Has there ever been a low-key Black Friday? And what would they call low-key after 2018? If Harry Potter 4, Hook, The Terminal or Far and Away was part of the batch I would be extremely happy. Don't need any Star Trek, X-Files or Batman box sets.

There have been a few Black Fridays that were low-key for me, although I'm sure some people got hyped by the releases.  At this point, if it's not Williams or Elfman, I probably won't be hyped by anything in the batch personally (although I would eventually pick up B:TAS and X-Files releases).

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Any ideas when the november releases will be announced?

On 11/3/2019 at 10:42 AM, ATXHusker said:

Two on Tuesday, Nov 5 and 1 Nov 19.

In the same update when MV said The Swarm was still in the works, he also said the same about The Diary of Anne Frank and The Adventures of Batman and Robin (which, let's not forget, was also on their big poster earlier this year).

Yavar

Wow, two JW titles announced over 3.5 years ago and still not released?!  Is that a record?  😂. Makes one wonder if they’ve already pressed a batch of CDs and have been sitting in boxes in LLL’s secret-stash warehouse for months/years.  

15 minutes ago, ManofDestiny said:

So one of the Nov release is Dark Fate, right?

12 hours ago, Jay said:

One of the pre-Black Friday ones is certainly Junkie XL's Terminator 6.

Was there ever any mention of Kamen's X-Men? A friend mentioned that being a title that was brought up at some point as being in the works, but I haven't seen any post to confirm it so far.

I thought I remembered MV saying something about it on FSM once, but now I can't find anything. It was a long time ago and now that Disney owns Fox, it'd be impossible to license if they didn't get the license before the buyout. Hopefully they did. 

New Releases available to order at www.lalalandrecords.com
Tues, 12 noon (PST) NOVEMBER 5, 2019

“ROAD HOUSE – 30th ANNIVERSARY: LIMITED EDITION”
Music by Michael Kamen
Limited Edition of 2000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98
STARTS SHIPPING NOV 8

“BEVERLY HILLS COP – 35th ANNIVERSARY: LIMITED EDITION”
Music by Harold Faltermeyer
STARTS SHIPPING NOV 8

Spoiler

ROAD HOUSE – 30th ANNIVERSARY: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1509
Music by Michael Kamen

STARTS SHIPPING NOV 8

Orders start 12 noon (pst) on 11/5 at www.lalalandrecords.com

roadhouse-Web.jpg La-La Land Records, MGM and the Michael Kamen Estate proudly present the expanded and remastered re-issue of the original motion picture score to the big-screen ‘80s action classic ROAD HOUSE starring Patrick Swayze, Sam Elliott and Kelly Lynch, and directed by Rowdy Herrington. Legendary composer Michael Kamen (LETHAL WEAPON 1-4, DIE HARD 1-3, THE LAST BOY SCOUT) closes out the 1980s with yet another dynamite action score, capping a thrilling decade’s worth of classic action music -- and suggesting still further exciting scores to come in the 1990s. Kamen’s work was a perfect fit for the action films he scored – expertly supporting large-scale thrills and chills, but always finding the true drama in the film’s narrative and the beating heart in its heroes – and ROAD HOUSE is no exception. This expanded and remastered re-issue, produced by Neil S. Bulk in collaboration with the Michael Kamen Estate and mastered by Doug Schwartz, (from high resolution transfers of the recently located, complete set of original 3-Track stereo mixes), arrives in time for the film’s 30th Anniversary and is limited to 2000 units. The exclusive and in-depth liner notes are by writer Jeff Bond, and the fist-flying art design is by Dan Goldwasser.

The last six tracks on this presentation (in the “additional music” portion) are sourced from the previous Intrada release, and we thank that label for their inclusion.

TRACK LISTING:

SCORE PRESENTATION
1. Dalton’s Theme :43
2. It Will Get Worse :57
3. Tai-Chi 1:37
4. Nobody Ever Wins A Fight / Red’s Gets Ransacked 1:43
5. Drop Like A Stone 2:50
6. Invitation To Brad’s :52
7. I Have A Cousin In Memphis 1:05
8. Arrival At The Loft 1:25
9. On The Rooftop 2:05
10. Loading Dock Fight 2:18
11. Living In The Past 1:03
12. This Is My Town 3:15
13. Emmet’s House Explodes 1:00
14. Dalton And Reno Fight 3:19
15. Head Or Tails? / I’ve Got To Find Doc 2:00
16. The Final Confrontation 7:49
17. Wesley’s Fall 2:00
TOTAL SCORE TIME: 36:01

ADDITIONAL MUSIC
18. Dalton’s Theme (Alternate) :44
19. Dalton’s Theme (Harmonica Mix) :42
20. Dalton’s Theme (Piano Mix) :42
21. Tai-Chi (Alternate) 1:47
22. Invitation To Brad’s (Alternate Mix) :51
23. This Is My Town (Alternate) 2:48
24. Dalton And Reno Fight (With Piano Overlay) 3:18
25. The Final Confrontation (Part 2 Alternate Excerpt) :56
26. Drop Like A Stone (Extended Opening) 3:14
27. I Have A Cousin In Memphis (Alternate Mix) 1:04
28. Loading Dock Fight (Alternate Extended Version) 7:42
29. Heads Or Tails? / I’ve Got To Find Doc (Extended Version) 2:58
30. The Final Confrontation (Alternate Version) 4:44
31. Synth Effects 2:31
TOTAL ADDITIONAL MUSIC TIME: 34:01

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 70:49

BEVERLY HILLS COP – 35th ANNIVERSARY: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1519
Music by Harold Faltermeyer

STARTS SHIPPING NOV 8

Orders start 12 noon (pst) on 11/5 at www.lalalandrecords.com

BeverlyHillsCop35thAnniversary-Web.jpg La-La Land Records, Paramount Pictures and Universal Music Special Markets presents the 35th Anniversary re-issue of renowned composer Harold Faltermeyer’s (FLETCH, TOP GUN, THE RUNNING MAN) original motion picture score to the legendary 1984 Paramount Pictures action/comedy BEVERLY HILLS COP, starring Eddie Murphy, Judge Reinhold and John Ashton, and directed by Martin Brest. Composer Faltermeyer defined the 80’s film score pop-synth sound and BEVERLY HILLS COP is arguably his most iconic work – and certainly his most influential, as its infectious themes and compositions have continued to inspire throughout the decades into the present day. The original film score is showcased in this deluxe presentation, which also includes bonus tracks -- and the original soundtrack release’s most notable songs, featuring the sizzling “The Heat is On,” performed by the late Glenn Frey (written by Faltermeyer and Keith Forsey), the hold-on-for-dear-life-truck-chase “Neutron Dance,” performed by The Pointer Sisters and more! Produced by for La-La Land Records by Dan Goldwasser and mastered by Doug Schwartz, this limited edition re-issue of 2000 units includes exclusive, in-depth liner notes by writer Tim Greiving, with new interview quotes from Faltermeyer, and Rodeo Drive-kind-of-classy art design by Goldwasser. A must for all film music fans. It’ll sound great blaring in your car – even if there’s a banana stuffed in your tailpipe!

(Aside from the anniversary notation on the front cover art, this release features the identical content and master as found on our 2016 release)

TRACK LISTING:

1. Foley Finds Mikey* 1:20
2. Bad Guys§ 1:23
3. Flowers* 0:23
4. Foley Busted* 1:29
5. Cops Follow Merc 0:43
6. Late Dinner / Warehouse* 2:48
7. Shoot Out 1:44
8. Customs 1:31
9. The New Team* 0:40
10. Chase to Harrow’s* 2:42
11. Rosewood / Foley to Gallery* 0:57
12. The Discovery* 2:15
13. Rosewood Saves Foley / Rosewood /
Foley to Mansion 3:10
14. Good Guys on Grounds* 3:14
15. Foley Shoots a Bad Guy 1:22
16. Zack Shoots 1:06
17. Zack Shot 0:54
18. Maitland Shot§ 0:51

BONUS TRACKS
19. Shoot Out (alternate ending) 1:42
20. The Discovery* (alternate) 2:18
21. The Discovery (theme suite) 2:51
22. Zack Shot (alternate) 0:54
23. Axel F (album version) 3:00
24. Shoot Out (album version) 2:44

SONGS
25. The Heat Is On 3:45
Glenn Frey
26. Neutron Dance 4:12
The Pointer Sisters
27. New Attitude 4:36
Patti LaBelle
28. Do You Really (Want My Love?) 3:41
Junior
29. Stir It Up 3:36
Patti LaBelle
TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 63:10
*contains “Axel F (Theme From Beverly Hills Cop)”
§ contains material not used in film
Album Time: 72:09

Hmmm... well if Terminator is the single release on the 19th, that leaves 5 chances for another Williams expansion on BF.

Definitely can't see anniversary releases for Always (30th), Sugarland (45th) and Towering Inferno (45th) though, maybe one if we're lucky. Stargate should be one of the BF titles.

2 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Why wouldn’t they be able to? They own the license. 

Not in perpetuity, as far as I know. And since the initial 2016 license was for a limited edition (of 3000 units), one would think that the license didn't allow for more pressings of the same content. 

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS NEW RELEASES: Tues, 12 noon (PST) NOVEMBER 12, 2019

New Releases available to order at www.lalalandrecords.com
Tues, 12 noon (PST) NOVEMBER 12, 2019

“TERMINATOR – DARK FATE: LIMITED EDITION”
Music by Tom Holkenborg
Limited Edition of 3000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $15.98
STARTS SHIPPING NOV 18

“DVESELU PUTENIS (BLIZZARD OF SOULS)”
Music by Lolita Ritmanis
RETAIL PRICE: $14.98
STARTS SHIPPING NOV 12

BACK IN STOCK!

“HARRY POTTER - THE JOHN WILLIAMS COLLECTION:LIMITED EDITION (7-CD BOX SET)

This shipment of 500 units is the only quantity of the HARRY POTTER JOHN WILLIAMS COLLECTION BOX SET that will be available for the rest of this year, so if you wish to receive this item before Christmas, make sure you order now!

Also back in stock… BEVERLY HILLS COP II, THE THIN RED LINE: LIMITED EDITION (4-CD SET), CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), SUPERMAN THE MOVIE: 40th ANNIVERSARY (3-CD SET), TITANIC: LIMITED EDITION (4-CD SET), STAR TREK 50th ANNIV COLLECTION (4-CD SET), THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION (2-CD SET), DIE ANOTHER DAY: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER (4-CD SET), DENNIS THE MENACE, FERRIS BUELLER’S DAY OFF, SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISCHER

TERMINATOR - DARK FATE: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1522
Music by Tom Holkenborg
Limited Edition of 3000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $15.98
STARTS SHIPPING NOV 18

Orders start 12 noon (pst) on 11/12 at www.lalalandrecords.com

La-La Land Records and Paramount Pictures proudly present the original motion picture score to the sci-fi action big screen event TERMINATOR: DARK FATE, starring Linda Hamilton, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Mackenzie Davis, produced by James Cameron and directed by Tim Miller. Acclaimed composer Tom Holkenborg (MAD MAX: FURY ROAD, DEADPOOL, ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL) astounds with a riveting orchestral and electronic action score that expertly complements all the big-scale thrills, suspense and intense drama embodied within this new, blockbuster installment of the famed TERMINATOR franchise. Like the film itself, Holkenborg’s striking music recalls the past, but also charges ahead into exciting new sonic territory. Produced, mixed and mastered by the composer, this special CD release is limited to 3000 units. The art design is by Dan Goldwasser.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Terminated 1:29
2. My Name Is Dani 3:39
3. REV 9 3:10
4. Iron Spike 2:52
5. Enter Sarah 0:59
6. Grace 4:24
7. Drones Coming 1:46
8. The Wall 4:12
9. Terminator 2:57
10. Coyote 2:18
11. The Picture on the Fridge 0:42
12. C5 4:10
13. HUMV 1:59
14. You Saved Me 5:41
15. Screaming Turbines 4:13
16. For John 7:59
17. Epilogue* 1:10
18. Dark Fate* 4:19

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 58:03

*Contains The Terminator Theme written by Brad Fiedel, published by Universal Polygram International Publishing, Inc., on behalf of Euphonious Music (ASCAP)

DVESELU PUTENIS (BLIZZARD OF SOULS) MARLO-5608
Music by Lolita Ritmanis
RETAIL PRICE: $14.98
STARTS SHIPPING NOV 12

Orders start 12 noon (pst) on 11/12 at www.lalalandrecords.com

This title is from the composer’s music label. CDs are being sold through La-La Land.

Dveselu putenis / Blizzard of Souls is a powerful film directed by Dzintars Dreibergs and produced by Inga Pranevska. It is the story of a sixteen-year-old Arturs, who enlists to fight in First World War with dreams of becoming a hero, but after surviving the brutalities of trench warfare and the loss of his family, he wonders if his efforts in battle were futile and if hope is only to be found in rebuilding a family and a home - as Latvia itself is born from the atrocities of war. Acclaimed composer Lolita Ritmanis (YOUNG JUSTICE, BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES, MYSTERY OF THE BATWOMAN, BROKE SKY) recorded the score in Riga, Latvia - the birthplace of her parents. The composer assembled a 60 piece orchestra and 50 voice choir, and recorded the score at Latvia Radio 1.Studio, in the heart of old town Riga. The score is 1hour and 9 minutes in length. The album is produced by Mark Mattson and Lolita Ritmanis and the composer conducted musicians from several Symphony orchestras in Latvia.
State Choir Latvija - conductor Maris Sirmais.

(Note: This CD is packaged in a cardboard jacket, as opposed to a standard plastic jewel case.)

TRACK LISITNG:

1. Prelide (Prelude) (feat. State Choir Latvija & Maris Sirmais) 1:26
2. Dveselu Putenis - Sakuma Titri, 1. Dala (Blizzard Of Souls - Main Title, Pt.1) 1:24
3. Ritenis, Dveselu Putenis - Sakuma Titri, 2. Dala (Bicycle, Blizzard Of Souls - Main Title, Pt. 2) (feat. State Choir Latvija & Maris Sirmais) 3:16
4. Atstajot Majas (Leaving Home) 3:45
5. Mes Atri Atgriezisimies (Soon We Will Return) 1:21
6. Saules Stari (Sunbeams) 1:06
7. Migla (In The Fog) 5:03
8. Kritis Sloka (Fallen At Sloka) 1:40
9. Sapni (In A Dream) (feat. State Choir Latvija & Maris Sirmais) 1:02
10. Foto (Photo) :45
11. Atminas (Memories)
12. Caur Smilgam (Through The Tall Grass) 2:20
13. Mans Dels (My Son) :53
14. Arturs Ierauga Tevu (Arturs Spots His Father) 2:01
15. Kur Ir Tevs? (Where Is Father?) :49
16. Neatnaca Uz Nomainu (Did Not Return) 2:02
17. Ar Godu (With Honor) :47
18. Ziemsvetku Kauja (Christmas Battle) (feat. State Choir Latvija & Maris Sirmais) 1:38
19. Visi Kajas! (Everyone On Your Feet!) 1:08
20. Bralis Kritis (My Brother Has Fallen) 3:47
21. Marta 1:11
22. Mikelsons, Konrads 2:38
23. Marta & Arturs 2:29
24. Mila Plava (Love In The Field) 1:08
25. Kartupeli (Planting Potatoes) 1:32
26. Paslepies (Hide) 3:21
27. Celmala (On The Side Of The Road) 3:32
28. Uzbrukums (Attack) 2:15
29. Sapni Vel Dzilaka (In A Deeper Dream) (feat. State Choir Latvija & Maris Sirmais) 2:25
30. Arturs Ir Pieaudzis (Arturs Has Grown Up) 2:38
31. Arturs Sniega (Arturs In The Snow) 3:09
32. Tevzemei (For My Fatherland) 2:27
33. Lugšana: Dodi Mieru Musu Braliem (Prayer: Grant Peace To Our Fallen Brothers) (feat. State Choir Latvija & Maris Sirmais) 3:25
34. Dveselu Putenis, Beigu Titri (Blizzard Of Souls End Credits) (feat. State Choir Latvija & Maris Sirmais) 3:20

ATTENTION IRWIN ALLEN & CLASSIC TV FANS!
Check out the incredible new book THE FANTASY WORLDS OF IRWIN ALLEN by Jeff Bond! Available to order now at www.creaturefeatures.com !

https://lalalandrecords.com/terminator-dark-fate-limited-edition/

https://lalalandrecords.com/dveselu-putenis-blizzard-of-souls/

1 hour ago, ATXHusker said:

Can't wait to find out what they will be!  Posted on LLL's Facebook page about an hour ago...

- HP: 10 hours of shawm cue

- Banning Back Home (feat. blink-182)

- Star Wars I-IX (C&C mp3 128kbps edition)

- Indiana Jones complete collection (but everything is out of order in a single 5 hour continuous mix)

- Hanz Zimmer: the self-plagiarism boxset

Stargate has to be one of them, so that leaves 4...

Seems the whole 'anniversary factor' could be a non-factor this year. We'll be lucky to get one of Sugarland, Towering Inferno, Reivers or Always (from LLL anyway, but I don't know how late other labels release titles into the year).