The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

and minority report is out of stock, when it was available a few days ago...how convenient...

I really think they must gain some money with shipping... and this out of stock issue is made on purpose because they dont want people to bundle several cds in the same order.... :/

2 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

and minority report is out of stock, when it was available a few days ago...how convenient...

I really think they must gain some money with shipping... and this out of stock issue is made on purpose because they dont want people to bundle several cds in the same order.... :/

Paranoid much?

17 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

That's probably true.

What dates do LLL usually hold their sales? I know they're aligned to American holidays and happen every year, but when is the next one? In no rush to get anything this year sadly, but still want to pick up Superman and HA2 at some point. 

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

Are any of these releases Sony scores? We know LLL have 2 that survived the policy change, so if none of these releases are Sony scores then they're still forthcoming...

Somebody please answer this.

If there are 2 Sony scores in this batch then we can forget about a fixed, not-shit version of Hook ever happening, that much is clear.

Which is depressing as hell, because the first release is just a mess and should never have been entrusted to anyone except Mike. 

22 minutes ago, crumbs said:

If there are 2 Sony scores in this batch then we can forget about a fixed, not-shit version of Hook ever happening, that much is clear.

Which is depressing as hell, because the first release is just a mess and should never have been entrusted to anyone except Mike. 

Unless Sony hires/has hired Mike.

28 minutes ago, crumbs said:

What dates do LLL usually hold their sales? I know they're aligned to American holidays and happen every year, but when is the next one? In no rush to get anything this year sadly, but still want to pick up Superman and HA2 at some point. 

As things are going lately on the labels...when they have sales or discounts they are now excluding recent releases....

3 hours ago, Incanus said:

Star Gate and Williams Disaster Movie box for me!  Awesome! Finally The Towering Inferno will be mine, one of the last glaring gaps in my JW collection! :) 

3 hours ago, crocodile said:

Stargate and Williams for me. :)

This is actually a perfect way to release those scores.

Karol

3 hours ago, fommes said:

Ditto! I think The Towering Inferno is the last gap actually :)

I'll just join the pack... One of my favorite scores from my youth, and 3 Williams scores I never heard yet (other than a main title or two) :)

40 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

As things are going lately on the labels...when they have sales or discounts they are now excluding recent releases....

I'm just after Superman and HA2 at this point, to be honest.

21 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

So I still haven’t heard back from LLL about my gift card that I bought and never received.

Anyone have any suggestions? I would really like to use it for the upcoming releases. 

Email them and they'll get their webmaster to send you the gift card directly. Same thing happened to me. 

On 11/29/2019 at 3:57 AM, crumbs said:

I think every other Tuesday or every Tuesday don't really remember.  Yes these were announced Friday but won't go up for sale until Tuesday at I think 12pm PST (Pacific Standard Time).

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Email them and they'll get their webmaster to send you the gift card directly. Same thing happened to me. 

I used the Contact Us form on their site twice to no response. Do they have a direct email?

1 hour ago, Trent B said:

I think every other Tuesday or every Tuesday don't really remember.  Yes these were announced Friday but won't go up for sale until Tuesday at I think 12pm PST (Pacific Standard Time).

He means when do they hold sales (discounts), not when they announce new releases.

I didn't think LLL or Intrada stuck to the fortnightly releases like they used to. Seems to me they just release things when they're ready nowadays.

On 11/29/2019 at 10:18 AM, Luke Skywalker said:

I think you've gone into mega conspiracy mode here. It would make sense to me for them to order smaller batches (which sell out quicker) once the initial hype has died down.

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

I used the Contact Us form on their site twice to no response. Do they have a direct email?

Not that I'm aware. I just emailed their support address on the website. Maybe ask on FSM? 

Just saw this tidbit from MV in the FSM thread for their black friday batch

Glad y'all like the batch. A lot of hard work went into these projects especially the audio restoration on the Paramount set and the disaster set.

We did intend on releasing The Swarm with this batch but alas approval delays got in the way.

MV

and

MV, thank you for the update.

In light of the update, can we expect, The Swarm, The Adventures of Batman and Robin and Darkman in early in 2020?

Some time in 2020

I can't remember if that is the first official word that they were doing Swarm or if it was already known before.  I know it was hinted at or suspected or whatever but this is certainly extremely official word that it's coming soon

He's one of the rudest posters we have.  I wish people would say nothing at all instead of mean things if they had nothing positive to contribute.

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

He's one of the rudest posters we have.  I wish people would say nothing at all instead of mean things if they had nothing positive to contribute.

I chose to block him months ago, best decision I ever made!  Very little of what he says is positive / constructive, like you said, rude and condescending to others.  Maybe if he was placed on probation from the board for a while it would change the attitude but I doubt it.