The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

What we hope to have out in the coming months

X Files Vol 4
Quinn Martin Vol 3
Two Mules for Sister Sara

Adventures of Batman and Robin....eventually

We are working hard on 10 other titles currently with hopes of having them all out between now and end of July

MV

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=118900&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=31&r=908#bottom

Looking forward to Two Mules for Sister Sara, but I would also like some other OOP or improvement requiring Morricone scores - Secret of the Sahara or Death Rides a Horse - any reason why they shouldn't be able to tackle that?

1 minute ago, Brundlefly said:

Looking forward to Two Mules for Sister Sara, but I would also like some other OOP or improvement requiring Morricone scores - Secret of the Sahara or Death Rides a Horse - any reason why they shouldn't be able to tackle that?

Well Two Mules is specifically a part of their Universal Archival deal with the studio. 

• 2 weeks later...

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS!!!

30% OFF SPECIAL!

Now's the time to save at www.lalalandrecords.com and get 30% OFF YOUR ENTIRE PURCHASE! The discount will be applied to your order at checkout. (This special applies to in-stock items only and excludes the purchase of gift certificates). Offer is good NOW through 4/30/20. Stay well, stay safe... and, in the meantime, listen to some great film music!

SHIPPING NOTICE: Given the current pandemic issues, please be patient with shipping. We are working safely to get orders out in a timely fashion, but we respectfully ask customers wait up to 4 weeks to inquire about packages not yet received. All such inquiries should be make to info@lalaland-ent.com -- Thank you.

Home-Alone-25-hi-Web.jpg shawshank-Web.jpg monstersquad-web.jpgstargate-cover-Web.jpg DieHardWithAVengenceWeb.jpg

AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!!!

Damn, Superman out of stock again! I've been waiting months to pull the trigger on that! :(

Surely the 4/30/20 date is a typo, unless this sale is running through to the end of April?

Sounds very good! Too bad I can't think of anything to order with F&A at the moment, and that hell will freeze over before I'll voluntarily try dealing with the local customs office.

2 hours ago, Arpy said:

Finally bought Schindler's List. Was going to get Home Alone and Far and Away, but one CD plus shipping, with the abysmal conversion rate meant SL alone cost me $66 with the discount. Geez.

My currency has drastically devalued bec of this bleepin Pandemic. Argh. 

Nice idea to have a sale, getting new music can be a nice mood-elevator in these crazy times.

Also, all the CD pressing plants are closed now, so the only new titles coming out in the next month will be anything pressed and approved before they closed.  And once they open back up, it will be a while until new titles are ready to go... we are basically due for the slowest summer in specialty label film score releases ever

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Nice idea to have a sale, getting new music can be a nice mood-elevator in these crazy times.

Also, all the CD pressing plants are closed now, so the only new titles coming out in the next month will be anything pressed and approved before they closed.  And once they open back up, it will be a while until new titles are ready to go... we are basically due for the slowest summer in specialty label film score releases ever

Good time to stock up on titles I've missed.  Hopefully we get some other companies offering up deals.

I'm trying to place an order on LLLR's website, but when I push "BILL & SHIP TO THIS ADDRESS", I get the following error message: Sorry, your request could not be processed as it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh and try again. 

Needless to say, refreshing doesn't solve the problem. Anybody else experienced this?

EDIT: I tried a different browser and waited with choosing shipping until checkout, and then it worked.

On 3/27/2020 at 5:08 AM, crumbs said:

Damn, Superman out of stock again! I've been waiting months to pull the trigger on that! :(

17 hours ago, filmmusic said:

Disaster movie box out of stock too! :(

Add to those many of their other high profile releases, such as Titanic, Stargate, and Waterworld. A typical LLL sale, you could say. At least Far and Away, Minority Report, and Kilar's Dracula are in stock!

I mean, we would have no clue if they are still coming or were canceled for other reasons, but to answer the second half of your question they haven't put out anything licensed from Sony music since he mentioned there was two pending titles in February 2019.

The last title LLL released that was licensed from Sony Music was The Thin Red Line 4CD, released a few days after that MV post, but announced before, so I assume that means it is not one of the two mentioned.

Their Karate Kid reissue from 4 months ago involved Sony Pictures of course, but had nothing to do with Sony Music

Just now, Amer said:

So what are the Williams related potential Sony releases we can deliberate on?

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/29227-sony-music-no-longer-dealing-with-soundtrack-labels/&do=findComment&comment=1581517

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

1991 Hook [Sony]

1997 Seven Years In Tibet [Sony]
1998 Stepmom [Sony]

2005 Memoirs Of A Geisha [Sony (International) / Disney (UK)]

Thanks. I would hope for a defintive Hook and Seven Years In Tibet

2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

But what you'll get is the definitive Stepmom. Welcome to the depressing 20s.

2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

But what you'll get is the definitive Stepmom. Welcome to the depressing 20s.

I wouldnt mind it. Becuase this and PRESUMED INNOCENT are the only ones missing from my collection :)

Just an FYI

We hope later this month before the sale ends we will have the following titles back in stock

LADYHAWKE
FAR AND AWAY
STARGATE
BTAS VOL 4

Maybe Superman 2/3

MV

On 3/27/2020 at 1:32 PM, Amer said:

My currency has drastically devalued bec of this bleepin Pandemic. Argh. 

Ours has lost very nearly one third of it's January 1st 2020 value as at today. Being downgraded to sub-investment grade by Moody's the day we went into lockdown also didn't help.