The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

23 hours ago, mstrox said:

I took the time to look through the catalog today, and picked up the most recent X-Files release at the discount.  I considered Titanic, but it was out of stock.  I think I've probably picked them clean of things I'm interested in at this point.

Same here. I wish I could’ve made use of the 30% sale but I always try to get everything right away out of fear that it’ll go out of stock. Of course that means I often end up paying separate shipping for every single item, but c’est la vie. 

Wish the Elfman Batman collection was in stock, would buy that in a heartbeat! :(

I am going to purchase Die Hard w/ a Vengeance however to go alongside 1 & 2.

Do LLL have a single Giacchino expansion? I doubt it'll be a Pixar or Disney score nonetheless.

Hook would be an amazing relief considering those mystery 2 Sony scores have been stuck in the wilderness for over a year now (even if the circumstances have since changed). I won't get my hopes up though.

4 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Do LLL have a single Giacchino expansion? I doubt it'll be a Pixar or Disney score nonetheless.

Hook would be an amazing relief considering those mystery 2 Sony scores have been stuck in the wilderness for over a year now (even if the circumstances have since changed). I won't get my hopes up though.

Beyond the fact that LLL doesn't do Disney scores, Giacchino's film score career started in earnest in 2005, so it'll be a long time before specialty labels work with his scores much (outside of whatever deals Varese cut with Paramount to do the Trek ones).

Most Giacchino scores don't need an expansion, they're already pretty complete and bring all the major highlights. The unreleased cues usually are mostly minor stuff.

I said Coco just as a joke anyway. ;)

I've never understood why LLL is able to restock their stuff so quickly, while Intrada has not been able to restock Who Framed Roger Rabbit and The Rocketeer for years.

25 minutes ago, crumbs said:

They did release Medal of Honor right? (so I guess not a expansion per se)

44 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

I've never understood why LLL is able to restock their stuff so quickly, while Intrada has not been able to restock Who Framed Roger Rabbit and The Rocketeer for years.

They probably make large orders initially that are just gradually stocked over the first 3-4 months post-release (unlike Intrada, who presumably only put in the request for new units once the previous batch sells out).

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

They probably make large orders initially that are just gradually stocked over the first 3-4 months post-release (unlike Intrada, who presumably only put in the request for new units once the previous batch sells out).

Even so I still don't understand that it can take more than three years to restock a title. Surely the queues aren't that long?

If I understand the industry correctly, the title is licensed for x amount of units, and it’s up to the label to order a pressing of however much they can afford/think they will sell.

If it’s been 3 years, I think it’s simply Intrada not willing to put in the money to press another batch of CDs because they don’t think it’ll sell. Or maybe something with the licensing fell through?

4 hours ago, Jay said:

What do you mean?  That wasn't an expansion, that was the OST

Well being complete and with extras in the 2cd, it counds as a straight out complete expanded OST:.. ;)

I dunno about that line of thinking.  By that logic Sky High, Land of the Lost, Earth Days, Let Me In, and Jojo Rabbit were expansions and not OSTs as well

22 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

If it’s been 3 years, I think it’s simply Intrada not willing to put in the money to press another batch of CDs because they don’t think it’ll sell. Or maybe something with the licensing fell through?

If so, then they should mark the titles as Sold Out and put us out of our misery. SAE keeps moving the ETA of these titles forward by two months, obviously they have no clue as to when they will be back in stock nor does Intrada. In any case they'll probably never be with the current state of things. I'm frankly amazed LLL and Intrada are still releasing new stuff.

45 minutes ago, Jay said:

The third post on this page you posted your question to has the quote from MV where he says it...

Thanks I had forgotten about it already. 

Official word on sale extension...  Nevermind, still shows April 30th...

LALALANDrecLogoNew.jpg

LA-LA LAND RECORDS
www.lalalandrecords.com

Special30.jpg

OUR 30% OFF SPECIAL CONTINUES...! Now's the time to still save at www.lalalandrecords.com and get 30% OFF YOUR ENTIRE PURCHASE! The discount will be applied to your order at checkout. (This special applies to in-stock items only and excludes the purchase of gift certificates). Offer is good NOW through 4/30/20. Stay well, stay safe... and, in the meantime, listen to some great film music!

SHIPPING NOTICE: Given the current pandemic issues, please be patient with shipping. We are working safely, on a limited schedule, to get orders out in a timely fashion, but we respectfully ask customers wait up to 4 weeks to inquire about packages not yet received. All such inquiries should be make to info@lalaland-ent.com -- Thank you for supporting our label!

Ordered Schindler's List right before all the pandemic restrictions and as far as tracking goes, it's been sitting in LA for five weeks. Ordering anything online, let alone overseas is out of the question these days unfortunately.

16 minutes ago, Arpy said:

Ordered Schindler's List right before all the pandemic restrictions and as far as tracking goes, it's been sitting in LA for five weeks. Ordering anything online, let alone overseas is out of the question these days unfortunately.

About 25 days ago, I sold an item on eBay, dispatched it to the US, but tracking says it hasn't even left Sydney yet!

Yeah, even if I put through an order I wouldn't be expecting it until later this year given the situation.

Passenger flights which previously carried mail aren't running. Flights between US-AUS wouldn't be financially viable without passengers, definitely not to carry mail only.

Sale extended until May 31st!  Also Mystery Men released for first time on any format.  Plus lots of goodies back in stock!

Trouble viewing this email? Read it online

LALALANDrecLogoNew.jpg

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS
NEW RELEASE AND SALE EXTENTION: APRIL 30, 2020

New Release available to order AND 30% OFF sale extension NOW at www.lalalandrecords.com

30% OFF SITE-WIDE SPECIAL EXTENDED THRU MAY 31!
Due to popular demand we are extending our site-wide 30% OFF special on all IN-STOCK items (including our new release MYSTERY MEN (2-CD SET) and newly back-in-stock titles FAR AND AWAY (2-CD SET), LADYHAWKE (2-CD SET) and STARGATE (2-CD SET)).

Get 30% OFF YOUR ENTIRE PURCHASE! This discount will be applied to your order at checkout. (This special applies to in-stock items only and excludes the purchase of gift certificates). Offer is good thru 5/31. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

NOTE: THIS SPECIAL WILL NOT BE EXTENDED BEYOND 5/31.
Thank you for supporting our label in this challenging time – it is very greatly appreciated! Stay well, stay safe... and, in the meantime, listen to some great film music!

“MYSTERY MEN: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)”
Universal Pictures Film Music Heritage Collection
Music by Stephen Warbeck
Additional Music by Shirley Walker
Limited Edition of 3000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $24.98
NOW SHIPPING

SHIPPING NOTICE: Given the current pandemic crisis, please be patient with shipping. We are working steadily and safely, on a limited schedule according to local ordinances, to get orders out in a timely fashion.

Expect 5-7 business days from the date you place your order for it to ship from our warehouse and, then, we respectfully ask customers wait up to 4 weeks to inquire about packages/deliveries not yet received. All such inquiries should be made to info@lalaland-ent.com – Thank you.

Back in stock… FAR AND AWAY: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), LADYHAWKE: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), STARGATE: LIMTED EDITION (2-CD SET), THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), ALIEN 3: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), SCHINDLER’S LIST: 25th ANNIV. LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), TWISTER: LIMITED EDITION, STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE: LIMITED EDITION (3-CD SET), PLANET OF THE APES TV SERIES: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), QUINN MARTIN COLLECTION VOL.1 – COP & DETECTIVE SERIES: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), BRAM STOKER’S DRACULA: LIMITED EDITION (3-CD SET), as well as TRANSFORMERS – THE LAST KNIGHT: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), FRIDAY THE 13TH, BEVERLY HILLS COP: LIMITED EDITION, BEVERLY HILLS COP II: LIMITED EDITION, THE THIN RED LINE: LIMITED EDITION (4-CD SET), CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)

MYSTERY MEN: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)
LLLCD 1530
Universal Pictures Film Music Heritage Collection
Music by Stephen Warbeck
Additional Music by Shirley Walker
Limited Edition of 3000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $24.98

NOW SHIPPING

Order now at www.lalalandrecords.com

mysterymen-cover_Web.jpgLa-La Land Records and Universal Studios proudly present our eighth title within the acclaimed Universal Pictures Film Music Heritage Collection -- the world premiere official release of the original motion picture score from the big screen 1999 superhero-action/comedy MYSTERY MEN, starring Ben Stiller, Janeane Garofalo and William H. Macy, and directed by Kinka Usher. This savvy and ahead-of-its-time skewering of comic book lore and pop culture has seen its cult status grow significantly since its initial theatrical release, and a vital component of its appeal is the notable and dynamic score by Oscar winning composer Stephen Warbeck (SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE) with additional music by the legendary Shirley Walker (BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES, MEMOIRS OF AN INVISIBLE MAN, TURBULENCE).

These two exceptional talents fashion a powerhouse, rich-in-theme orchestral score that expertly manages the film’s complicated balancing act of satire, action and character. Released here for the very first time in any format, fans are finally able to savor this thrilling work from both major composers - with Warbeck’s score featured on DISC 1 and Walker’s contributions showcased on DISC 2. Produced, edited and mastered by soundtrack restoration expert Mike Matessino, this special 2-CD limited edition release features exclusive, in-depth liner notes by writer John Takis and heroic art design by Dan Goldwasser. This is a limited edition release of 3000 Units.

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1: MUSIC BY STEPHEN WARBECK
1. Mystery Men Opening 1:13
2. Mystery Men Arrive 3:19
3. The Battles We Used To Have 1:59
4. Inside The Asylum 2:10
5. Arrival Of Disco Boys :42
6. Anabel And The Explosion 2:55
7. Furious And Sally 1:56
8. Meet The Sphinx 1:02
9. Spleen 2:02
10. Car Chase 4:15
11. Sphinx Master Class 1:58
12. Heller 2:16
13. Monica And Roy 1:03
14. Frakulated 3:42
15. Casanova Has A Setback 3:49
16. Roy 3:35
17. Casanova’s Battle Plan 2:05
18. Vaya Con Dios 2:48
19. Blame Thrower 4:53
20. Casanova’s Last Stand 4:54
21. Escape From The Mansion 2:29
22. Victory 2:40
23. Inside The Asylum (Alternate) 2:10
24. Victory (Alternate) 2:29
DISC 1 TOTAL TIME: 62:41

DISC 2: ADDITIONAL MUSIC BY SHIRLEY WALKER
1. Mystery Men Opening* 1:12
2. Red Eyes Attack 2:42
3. Captain Amazing* :40
4. A Good Husband 1:06
5. Casanova’s Snare* 1:01
6. Psychofrakulator 2:13
7. The Invisible Boy’s Dream 1:12
8. Car Fight 3:01
9. Shoveler’s Encouragement 2:45
10. The Forks* 2:43
11. Blind Date With Destiny 4:06
12. The Laser 2:10
13. Spleen’s Battle 1:08
14. Victory 2:23
DISC 2 TOTAL TIME: 28:34

TWO-DISC TOTAL TIME 1:31:15
* Includes thematic material by Stephen Warbeck

ATTENTION IRWIN ALLEN & CLASSIC TV FANS!
Check out the incredible new book THE FANTASY WORLDS OF IRWIN ALLEN by Jeff Bond! Less than 200 are left! Available to order now at www.creaturefeatures.com !