The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

1 minute ago, Holko said:

And a 4K release is coming too, which means Cruise signed off on a batch of artwork.

Ooh is it? I didn't know that.

Karol

2 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Born on the Fourth of July / JFK / Nixon

I hope for a box set, to mark those three 

out of the remaining list in a row

2 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Yeah, and it doesn't seem unlikely. The tricky license situation there, doesn't seem to hold the labels up from creating massive box sets.

22 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

You're forgetting that The Diary of Anne Frank was an Alfred Newman score, not a Franz Waxman score, for one. :) MV indicated it was still happening a few months ago, and there has been no indication since that that has changed. There *was* an indication re: Kamen's X-Men that it had been delayed thanks to Dark Phoenix or some other X-Men film coming out. Hopefully they got to it before the Disney-Fox purchase closed off their access to that. We should ask again in the FSM thread.

Yavar

The Disney-Fox purchase closed mid-March 2019. They should have gotten the rights before if they've been in the works for awhile.

7 hours ago, crocodile said:

I know this is probably a longshot but I'm hoping one of the summer titles is War of the Worlds which will be celebrating its 15th anniversary this June. :)

Is this really a long shot? I don't see any reason why it couldn't happen. There aren't any rights issues that I know of and Matessino does seem to like releasing things on their anniversaries.

7 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Born on the Fourth of July / JFK / Nixon

4 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Me too. Such a box could make for a nice Black Friday release, following last year's Disaster box and 2018's Potter box. Personally, I'm just hoping the delayed release of the new Bond film doesn't interfere (again) with the possibility of another expanded album in the Black Friday batch.

15 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

I wasn't sure about boots.

I cannot recall a single time anyone was ever told they can't discuss a bootleg in the 21 year history of the site.  The site really gained traction when Ricard posted my usenet post about how to rip unreleased music from The Phantom Menace out of the video game and we've been discussing all kinds of music that wasn't on OST albums ever since!

14 hours ago, Jay said:

I cannot recall a single time anyone was ever told they can't discuss a bootleg in the 21 year history of the site. The first major event was when Ricard posted my usenet post about how to rip unreleased music from The Phantom Menace out of the video game and we've been discussing all kinds of music that wasn't on OST albums ever since!

I'm sure there were major events before 2002, or what do you say, @Ricard?

16 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

I. Am. Not. Fucking. Scottish!

aye-captain-memegenerator-net-aye-captain-scotty-star-trek-52795947.png

16 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

The Witches of Eastwick

My understanding is this score cannot be licensed to any other labels for an expansion until the label with the current license (Perseverance Records) sells out of their last release of the score (an OST reissue).

And they still had plenty of units in stock, last time I checked (around 2,000 from memory). So an expansion could be a loooonnnnng way off.

I'd love to see The Patriot 20th Anniversary and War of the Worlds 15th Anniversary this year. I'm not aware of any convoluted reasons why these two scores would be problematic to licence. Both are by directors (Emmerich/Spielberg) and from studios (Columbia/Paramount/Dreamworks) who LLL have worked with in the past. I know the logistics are more complex in reality but I'll stay optimistic. :)

I'd guess WOTW is the easier of the two to licence, though (Spielberg's management and Amblin seem pretty proactive getting these expansions released).

16 hours ago, A. A. Ron said:

Is this really a long shot? I don't see any reason why it couldn't happen. There aren't any rights issues that I know of and Matessino does seem to like releasing things on their anniversaries.

Oh I know. But then, I've been waiting for this one for so long now that it's just easier to accept it won't be soon.

Karol

I guess Jurassic Shark thought The Phantom Menace came out in 2002 instead of 1999

That's an incorrect statement.  The forum software went through several different versions between 1999 and 2002, and each time the prior forum's history was not integrated into the new one.  When we switched to IPBoard in 2002, we all had to start over with new accounts.  Nobody's user info page here says they joined earlier than May 2002, but many of us have been here since 1999.  My usenet post about ripping unreleased music out of the TPM came would have been posted in May or June of 1999.

If there is anybody from Germany planning to take advantage of the current Lalaland sale and who wouldn't mind adding two items to their order (with full re-imbursement and me paying my share of the shipping and potential customs fees, of course), please let me know by PM. Thanks! :)

46 minutes ago, TSMefford said:

They've arrived! And with the jewel cases intact too!

image2.jpeg

Can't wait to give these a listen!

TSMefford when did you orderd this? And what country do you live in? 

I am asking this because I too orderd Home Alone at the end of March and it has not arrived yet. 

5 hours ago, Smaug the iron said:

TSMefford when did you orderd this? And what country do you live in? 

I am asking this because I too orderd Home Alone at the end of March and it has not arrived yet. 

Order placed on May 1st. I'm in the U.S.

35 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

I'm gonna buy The Stepford Wives in a minute. Was going to pick up TWINE as well, but changed my mind.

Can't get over those split tracks, eh? ;)

Karol

16 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Hehehe, no, that's not it. The set has 46 tracks and I only kept 30. It's too expensive to justify the purchase at this point.

So if you really like just 2/3 of an album, you won't buy it?

On 5/6/2020 at 9:57 AM, crumbs said:

My understanding is this score cannot be licensed to any other labels for an expansion until the label with the current license (Perseverance Records) sells out of their last release of the score (an OST reissue).

And they still had plenty of units in stock, last time I checked (around 2,000 from memory). So an expansion could be a loooonnnnng way off.

I'd love to see The Patriot 20th Anniversary and War of the Worlds 15th Anniversary this year. I'm not aware of any convoluted reasons why these two scores would be problematic to licence. Both are by directors (Emmerich/Spielberg) and from studios (Columbia/Paramount/Dreamworks) who LLL have worked with in the past. I know the logistics are more complex in reality but I'll stay optimistic. :)

I'd guess WOTW is the easier of the two to licence, though (Spielberg's management and Amblin seem pretty proactive getting these expansions released).

Iam hoping for these two as well.