The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

The Patriot is now on Netflix US, need to watch it again it’s been too long.  I’d live to have a 2-disc expanded release of the soundtrack 

Dear LaLa Land Records:

Can you tell us if you will be able to do any releases for July yet? And if so how many?

Lmfao...who knows!!!!

MV

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=118900&forumID=1&archive=0

Less than 100 units  remaining of a bunch of titles including Rosewood, CE2K, Home Alone 2 and the Stepford Wives. Ordered the last one two days ago, won't be getting CE3K, have HA2 and will probably regret not having bought Rosewood after having watched it.

Here's the mailer...

LALALANDrecLogoNew.jpg

LA-LA LAND RECORDS
www.lalalandrecords.com

ONLY TWO WEEKS LEFT TO GET 30% OFF AT LA-LA LAND!

ONLY TWO WEEKS REMAIN FOR OUR SITE-WIDE
30% OFF SALE ON ALL IN-STOCK ITEMS.

THIS SPECIAL WILL NOT BE EXTENDED BEYOND MAY 31st!

DeepSpace9Vol2-Web.jpg SupermanII-lll-Web.jpgFarAndAwayHRes-web.jpgskycaptain-Web.jpg

So act now, and pick up our new MYSTERY MEN (2-CD SET) or if you missed them, the newly-back-in-stock FAR & AWAY (2-CD SET), STARGATE (2-CD SET), LADYHAWKE (2-CD SET), STAR TREK DEEP SPACE NINE VOL 2 (4-CD SET), SUPERMAN 2&3 (3-CD SET), STAR TREK VOYAGER VOL. 1 (4-CD SET) and STAR TREK 50TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION (4-CD SET).

And snag any of these about-to-go-OUT-OF-PRINT titles while we still have them. Quantities are very limited on the following, ALL ARE LESS THAN 100 UNITS REMAINING and once they are gone, they will no longer be available...

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS (2-CD SET), HOME ALONE 2 (2-CD SET), MAGIC, ROSEWOOD (2-CD SET), X-FILES VOL. 2 (4-CD SET), SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW, SUM OF ALL FEARS (2-CD SET), GIANT (2-CD SET), THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WIND, BAD GIRLS, 3:10 TO YUMA, ORDINARY PEOPLE/SAVE THE TIGER, SPEED, THE STEPFORD WIVES, FIRST LOVE, RESTLESS and SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY.

Thank you all for the continued support of our label. We exist because of you!

SHIPPING NOTICE: Given the current pandemic crisis, please be patient with shipping. We are working steadily and safely, on a limited schedule according to local ordinances, to get orders out in a timely fashion.

Expect 5-7 business days from the date you place your order for it to ship from our warehouse and, then, we respectfully ask customers to wait up to 4 weeks to inquire about packages/deliveries not yet received. All such inquiries should be made to info@lalaland-ent.com – Thank you.

© 2020 La-La Land Records. All rights reserved.

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

Less than 100 units  remaining of a bunch of titles including Rosewood, CE2K, Home Alone 2 and the Stepford Wives. Ordered the last one two days ago, won't be getting CE3K, have HA2 and will probably regret not having bought Rosewood after having watched it.

Why no CE3K?

Can anyone explain how LLL gift vouchers work if you make an order and don't use the full balance? Does the remaining balance just stay on that same voucher code?

• 3 weeks later...

The movie was considered uncool the minute it entered public consciousness, and I went into it with a degree of "look at these hipsters" skepticism, but I loved it and after 2 rewatches on blu ray it's for sure one of my favorite movies of the last decade.  It's a more thoughtful movie than I see it get credit for, actually.  But also yeah "Epilogue" is one of the great film score cues of recent memory.

It sometimes feels like everyone I talk to dislikes it but also thinks they're deviating from the popular opinion by not liking it?  There's some weird dissonance happening there.

56 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

The movie was considered uncool the minute it entered public consciousness, and I went into it with a degree of "look at these hipsters" skepticism, but I loved it and after 2 rewatches on blu ray it's for sure one of my favorite movies of the last decade.  It's a more thoughtful movie than I see it get credit for, actually.  But also yeah "Epilogue" is one of the great film score cues of recent memory.

Now I know I'd hate it. 

1 minute ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Now I know I'd hate it. 

It's a movie that engages with the myth and promise of Los Angeles in a thoughtful, nuanced way.   So yes, you would despise it with every fiber of your being.

6 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

It sometimes feels like everyone I talk to dislikes it but also thinks they're deviating from the popular opinion by not liking it?  There's some weird dissonance happening there.

I enjoyed it very much. 

ManofDestiny is probably wondering why it says 2-CD set when The Sum of All Fears was a single disc release.

[French man speaking... well, writing, sorry for the mistakes]

I was on facebook earlier and I saw a publication by LLL announcing two June releases: SLIVER by Howard Shore and a boxset for VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA. But a few minutes later, the publication was gone... Maybe there is a "temp" who clicked on the button too soon... ;) Wait and see...

2 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

102104556_10158933934118755_410594662803

Can't wait to hear what previously unreleased Goldsmith might be on this, but even moreso... LEITH STEVENS sci-fi scoring! Seriously great and underrated composer.

Yavar

Well, it would have been simplier to take a screenshot, indeed... :) Thank you!

Well I suppose they took it down after posting because Robert Drasnin's name was spelled wrong in the flyer (not but the album cover), so a fixed version will probably be posted when it's ready

9 hours ago, Incanus said:

ManofDestiny is probably wondering why it says 2-CD set when The Sum of All Fears was a single disc release.

Yes, thank you. A typo I think.