The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Nice that we are getting a rejected score again, it's been too long. What was the last one, Delerue's SWTWC? I suppose Barry's HTD was also partly rejected.

5 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Sliver sounds like a typo.

On the other hand Long John Sliver would be a good title for one of those... "genre parodies".

3 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

What, are they doing another one?

Yep. It's in the works. They're not really sure what Depp's role will even be (lead vs smaller supporting role) last I heard. Who knows? Personally I don't really have an interest in seeing another Pirates film, Depp or not. I haven't even watched all the ones that have currently been released.

16 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Nice that we are getting a rejected score again, it's been too long. What was the last one, Delerue's SWTWC? I suppose Barry's HTD was also partly rejected.

Shire’s Apocalypse Now?

On 6/11/2020 at 5:26 AM, JTWfan77 said:

Nice that we are getting a rejected score again

What score is this referring to?

Shore's Sliver score was used in the film as far as I know (I've never seen it)

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

Unused Goldsmith main and end titles from that collection I think?

Edit: I don't know where I got this from... 🤦🏽‍♂️🤨

31 minutes ago, Jay said:

Oh really? For some reason I thought it had been replaced by songs. My bad.

Ford Thaxton had this to say at FSM:

I seem recall that this film was a total mess in post-production and they had to re-shot stuff and had several endings.

Also I seem to recall that Christopher Young was called in to do some re-scoring as well.

I'm not sure that Mr. Shore would wish to revisit this one because of these issues.

I probably misread that as an implication of Shore's score being rejected/unused.

The Memorial Day/Month sale is over but I highly recommend LESS THAN ZERO by T. NEWMAN.

Hauntingly beautiful and a unique score in his canon.

I only recently became aware of it via it playing on CIN EMAGIC streaming service on SIRIUSXM.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming July 14th from La-La Land Records:

Written by James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy), directed by Craig Mazin (Chernobyl)

2 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

The best The Specials came from Coventry!

That's what I thought the Blu-ray referred to at first glance: a doc about the band :lol:

Coronavirus is the worst what could have happened. I ordered and payed 18th May my order at lalaland records store. They send me the mail package on 30th May. Since then I received some information status where the mail package is, but almost one month after the package was sent to me it is still in the United States - in Los Angeles International Distribution Center. Last status is from 21st June - Your item was processed through our LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER facility on June 21, 2020 at 3:07 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. So I still don't know if the mail package leaved United States or is still in the USPS International Distribution Center. Patience is the most important thing here at soundtracks business. I'm praying to not receive my new CD's at Christmas 2020.

Question posed on FSM MV/LLL Questions thread:

Any possible avatar change in the near future with a possible John Williams expanded release? I'd love to see a colonial-themed monkey for The Patriot, or a pirate-theme for Hook, etc...

Answer from MV:

I wouldn't count on it

Discuss!

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=118900&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=33&r=676#bottom

LOL, that was me that asked that, I was reading the thread and happened to look at the Superman monkey avatar that's been on there for so long now, hoping for a change!

Superman? In that case he didn't change into a neanderthal-foreheaded McQueen monkey or an Oirish-accented Cruise monkey either. Maybe the artist just quit.

But there's another, more hopeful question posed on FSM:

Any July releases on the forecast?

And MV answered:

Yes

So I'm still hoping for the 15th Anniversary expanded edition of War of the Worlds!

So the answer could be about the monkey avatar or it could be about future JW releases.

Tricksy MV is. Let's stay hopeful. I remember him saying "you guys crack me up" to all the Hook speculation a few months before LLL's Hook was announced.

Maybe Intrada will revisit Hook and expand The Patriot.

15 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

So the answer could be about the monkey avatar or it could be about future JW releases.

Tricksy MV is. Let's stay hopeful. I remember him saying "you guys crack me up" to all the Hook speculation a few months before LLL's Hook was announced.

Maybe Intrada will revisit Hook and expand The Patriot.

Is that legally possible? For Intrada to improve upon a LLL release? Wouldn't LLL want to do Hook?

2 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Is that legally possible? For Intrada to improve upon a LLL release? Wouldn't LLL want to do Hook?

LLL only got the rights to their original release.  Any label could obtain rights for a new release, assuming the studio wanted to work with them.  Think Varese Home Alone 2–> LLL Home Alone 2

5 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

How do you mean legally? Not understanding.

Who knows if LLL wants to revisit Hook. They might feel it's done and dusted. We don't know if lossless sources for The Ultimate War have been located in the past decade since LLL did Hook.

Intrada has done JW stuff in the last few years so this might be on their radar too. That's assuming Intrada still has an in at Sony Music (not sure if it has been confirmed they do or not).

11 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

Who knows if LLL wants to revisit Hook. They might feel it's done and dusted.

I can't imagine Mike feels that way, seeing as he wasn't involved in the last release. 

And LLL can't have been thrilled that so much material wasn't able to be released for convoluted legal reasons. The previous expansion is far from comprehensive.