The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

10 hours ago, crumbs said:

Random question but is there a reason LLL only stock LLL titles, while Intrada stock items from LLL, Varese, etc.?

Is Intrada a music label and a general music retail outlet or something?

Yes, just like Screen Archives (though SAE label releases have slowed to a trickle these past few years) and Music Box in France.

Yavar

I don't understand MV's quote. Is this interpretation correct?

1. There were going to be amazing titles for BF that are now going to be released in 2021.

2. There is going to be a BF batch, though, presumably with releases that were already supposed to have come out by now?

3. Hook is coming next year.

Don't know where you're getting Hook from, but I think you've got the rest right - some really good stuff won't be ready in time for BF, and the first few months of 201 could be good.

But you don't need a tentpole Williams score to make a good BF.

3 hours ago, Holko said:

Reveal hidden contents

Just now, Richard Penna said:

Don't know where you're getting Hook from.

Out of context! Misrepresentation!

I was replying to this frankly obvious clue :lol:

4 hours ago, Jay said:

One of the titles LLL is releasing in Q1 is the single album of music I've listened to the most times this year

1 minute ago, Holko said:

Out of context! Misrepresentation!

I was replying to this frankly obvious clue :lol:

Quotes don't appear in quotes for some reason, so that was lost. :(

44 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

I don't understand MV's quote. Is this interpretation correct?

1. There were going to be amazing titles for BF that are now going to be released in 2021

Right, except that he didn't promise they'd be out in 2021, he simply said they were "delayed"

.2. There is going to be a BF batch, though, presumably with releases that were already supposed to have come out by now?

The BF batch is anything that they can get approved between now and then.  2 are already approved, 2 are approaching final approval, 3 more COULD get approved in time.

Whether these are titles they thought would be out by now but also go delayed, or if they are titles that they thought would come out next year but then moved up after the titles they wanted to be out for BF got delayed, again is not specified.

11 minutes ago, Spider-Fal said:

Quotes don't appear in quotes for some reason, so that was lost. :(

There's some way to do it. At worst by just quoting that quoted post too and copying the quote into the quote. But I think if you select it and then press quote instead of just pressing quote to quote the whole post, that'll quote the quote and the quoted quote into a quote.

42 minutes ago, Jay said:

Right, except that he didn't promise they'd be out in 2021, he simply said they were "delayed"

The BF batch is anything that they can get approved between now and then.  2 are already approved, 2 are approaching final approval, 3 more COULD get approved in time.

Whether these are titles they thought would be out by now but also go delayed, or if they are titles that they thought would come out next year but then moved up after the titles they wanted to be out for BF got delayed, again is not specified.

Right. So technically speaking, a title that they now have planned for 2021 COULD still be approved in time for BF this year?

New 18% off sale on everything in stock at LLL!  

Tempted to jump on the LW box set, would still be $100 with the discount.  

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS
NEW RELEASES: Tues, 12 noon (PST) OCTOBER 27, 2020

New CD Releases available to order at www.lalalandrecords.com
Tues, 12 noon (PST) OCTOBER 27, 2020

“THE BOYS – SEASON 1: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)”
Music by Christopher Lennertz
Limited Edition of 2000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98
STARTS SHIPPING NOV 9

“THE BOYS – SEASON 2: LIMITED EDITION”
RETAIL PRICE: $15.98
STARTS SHIPPING NOV 9

“WE’RE 18 CELEBRATION”!
La-La Land officially turned 18 Years Old this month! Celebrate with us by taking 18% OFF YOUR ENTIRE PURCHASE! When you finalize at checkout, 18% will be deducted from your purchase total.

THIS SPECIAL APPLIES TO IN-STOCK ITEMS ONLY (NOTE: This INCLUDES our THE BOYS SEASON 1, THE BOYS SEASON 2, and the return of our LETHAL WEAPON 8-CD BOX SET (ONLY 500 UNITS LEFT), all of which are scheduled to begin shipping out on 11/9/20).

2 WEEKS ONLY! Special offer starts 10/27/20 at 12 noon (pst) and is good thru 11/9/20.
Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

KARATE KID PART II DISC REPLACEMENT:
We have corrected a minor mistake to our initial KARATE KID PART II master. If you purchased this disc from us PRIOR TO 10/26/20 and you would like a replacement disc, please contact us at info@lalaland-ent.com with the subject heading KARATE PART II REPLACEMENT DISC. Include your name and full shipping address in your e-mail to us.

Any purchase of this title ON OR AFTER 10/26/20 will include the corrected disc, so DO NOT request this replacement disc if your purchase was made on, or after, that date - only if you purchased prior to 10/26. Thank you.

SHIPPING NOTICE: Given the current pandemic, please be patient with shipping. We are working steadily and safely to get orders out in a timely fashion. Expect up to 7 business days from the date you place your order for it to ship from our warehouse and, then, we respectfully ask customers wait up to 4 weeks to inquire about packages/deliveries not yet received. All such inquiries should be made to info@lalaland-ent.com – Thank you.

Back in stock… LETHAL WEAPON SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION (8-CD LIMITED EDITION BOX SET), APOCALYPSE NOW THE UNUSED SCORE, THE MONSTER SQUAD: LIMITED EDITION, TITANIC 20th ANNIV LIMITED EDITION (4-CD SET), WATERWORLD: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), SUPERMAN 4 – THE QUEST FOR PEACE: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), KRULL: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), DAY OF THE DEAD: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), THE FRENCH CONNECTION COLLECTION: LIMTED EDITION (2-CD SET), DIE HARD 30th ANNIV: LIMITED EDITION (3-CD SET), THE SWARM: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), DVESELU PUTENIS: BLIZZARD OF SOULS, MINORITY REPORT: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA (THE FILM), LADYHAWKE (2-CD SET), FAR AND AWAY: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)

THE BOYS – SEASON 1: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)
LLLCD 1546
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

STARTS SHIPPING NOV 9

boysS1-Web.jpgOrder starting at 12 noon (pst) on 10/27 at www.lalalandrecords.com and get your CD booklet autographed by composer Christopher Lennertz at no additional charge. Autographs are available only while supplies last and are NOT guaranteed.

La-La Land Records, Sony Pictures Television and Amazon Prime proudly present the original music score to Season One of the acclaimed hit series THE BOYS, starring Karl Urban, Jack Quaid and Erin Moriarty. Renowned composer Christopher Lennertz (SUPERNATURAL, IDENTITY THIEF, RIDE ALONG) unleashes a powerhouse original score, providing a vital heartbeat for this amazing series that expertly blends high-octane superhero action with hard-hitting drama and razor-sharp satire. Lennertz’s propulsive score handles it all pitch-perfectly, making for an astoundingly dynamic listen! The incredible musical highlights of the series’ first season gets a deluxe presentation across two CD discs in this limited edition release of 2000 units produced by Matt Bowen and Christopher Lennertz, and mastered by Anders Peterson, with art design by Dan Goldwasser. The CD booklet includes brief comments from the composer, executive producers Seth Rogen and Even Goldberg and showrunner Eric Kripke

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1
1. Translucent Alive 1:16
2. Truck Robbery 1:34
3. Butcher 2:40
4. Starlight 1:18
5. On the Trail 0:56
6. Homelander and Stillwell 2:16
7. Race of the Century 1:04
8. Boys Arrive 1:19
9. Hughie Stalls Starlight 1:23
10. Maeve Spars 0:38
11. Start the Race 2:01
12. Popclaw Climaxes 0:56
13. Hijacking 2:45
14. Kidnapping Translucent 1:11
15. Ass Bomb 2:43
16. Translucent Explodes 4:06
17. Hughie Trashes Room 1:29
18. Translucent Visits Hughie 1:13
19. Planting Bug Plan 0:51
20. Dock Patrol 1:50
21. I’m the Hero 3:16
22. Vought 1:15
23. Starlight Team Up 0:44
24. Frenchie’s First Kill 1:36
25. Homelander’s Speech 1:43
TOTAL DISC TIME: 42:55

DISC 2
1. Butcher’s Pep Talk 2:28
2. Rescue the Female 1:36
3. Frenchie Lost Female 1:47
4. Dead Shooter 0:57
5. Hospital Shootout 1:12
6. Graveside Sledgehammer 2:24
7. Maeve’s Girlfriend 1:58
8. NICU 0:52
9. Tent Confrontation 1:22
10. Starlight’s Speech 2:14
11. Come In 1:51
12. Black Knight Not 1:08
13. Kimiko’s Backstory 1:21
14. Subway Chase 1:01
15. Mesmer and Homelander 1:36
16. The Mesmerizer 0:30
17. Butcher Tells Hughie 1:54
18. Hughie Kisses Starlight 1:03
19. Robin’s Memory 2:02
20. SBS 2:09
21. Always a Choice 2:39
22. Supe Terrorist 1:37
23. A-Train Shows Up 1:34
24. Shoot Out 2:50
25. I Got Teddy 2:41
TOTAL DISC TIME: 43:37

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 86:32

THE BOYS – SEASON 2: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1549
RETAIL PRICE: $15.98

STARTS SHIPPING NOV 9

boysS2-Web.jpgOrder starting at 12 noon (pst) on 10/27 at www.lalalandrecords.com and get your CD booklet autographed by composer Christopher Lennertz at no additional charge. Autographs are available only while supplies last and are NOT guaranteed.

La-La Land Records, Sony Pictures Television and Amazon Prime proudly present the original music score to Season Two of the acclaimed hit series THE BOYS, starring Karl Urban, Jack Quaid and Erin Moriarty. Renowned composer Christopher Lennertz (SUPERNATURAL, IDENTITY THIEF, RIDE ALONG) builds on the amazing musical soundscape he established in the show’s first season – soaring to new scoring heights with his music from season two! Once again, the composer’s score syncs perfectly with this thrilling expansion of the story, making for a breathtaking listen that blends action, drama, comedy and suspense! The incredible musical highlights of the series’ second season are presented here, along with the songs, “Never Truly Vanish,” performed by Erin Moriarty and “Faster,” performed by Jessie T. Usher & Amiee Proal. This CD release is a limited edition of 2000 units and is produced by Matt Bowen and Christopher Lennertz, and mastered by Anders Peterson, with art design by Dan Goldwasser. The CD booklet includes brief comments from the composer and showrunner Eric Kripke .

TRACK LISTING:

1. Never Truly Vanish 3:35
PERFORMED BY ERIN MORIARTY
2. Her Brother 0:51
3. Break Every Bone 2:19
4. Faster 2:35
PERFORMED BY JESSIE T. USHER & AMIÉE PROAL
5. Standoff 1:23
6. Father and Son 0:52
7. Meeting Blindspot 0:39
8. A Billion Dollar Liability 2:23
9. Fake News 2:10
10. Homelander in Hallway 0:35
11. Rebecca’s Drive 1:12
12. Pitch 1:05
13. Halloween Store 1:40
14. Brother and Sister 2:57
15. Don’t Lie to Me 1:45
16. Sharks! 2:07
17. Flame On 1:40
18. Helicopter Attack 2:07
19. Red Cross Center 2:29
20. Explosion and Black Noir Faceoff 3:57
21. Back to the Cabin 3:41
22. Black Noir on Roof 1:22
23. Real Action 1:33
24. Still on the Roof 0:57
25. Elevator 1:08
26. Church of the Collective 1:53
27. I Heard the Goldfish 1:38
28. Light Up the Room 1:33
29. Cindy 2:39
30. He’s OD’ing 1:32
31. Let Them Go 1:21
TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 58:39

La-La Land is a proud sponsor of the SLEEPY HOLLOW INT’L FILM FESTIVAL, which has just launched some cool, free video events! Watch them now at: www.sleepyhollowfilmfest.com

Anyone had any issues with not getting an email order confirmation from the LLL website? PayPal notification came through ages ago but no order confirmation and no indication of my order query (no discount :-/)

10 hours ago, Tom Guernsey said:

Anyone had any issues with not getting an email order confirmation from the LLL website? PayPal notification came through ages ago but no order confirmation and no indication of my order query (no discount :-/)

I ordered an hour of this going live and had no issues- discount included and is already awaiting shipment 

1 hour ago, Mark C. said:

I ordered an hour of this going live and had no issues- discount included and is already awaiting shipment 

I eventually got my confirmation but no discount. Have messaged. In my enthusiasm to place my order, I wonder if I was minutes too early. Which would be super annoying... 

10 hours ago, Tom Guernsey said:

I eventually got my confirmation but no discount. Have messaged. In my enthusiasm to place my order, I wonder if I was minutes too early. Which would be super annoying... 

Just a public thanks to LLL for emailing back to say they'll credit my account with the discount amount, super service as ever! Can't wait to hear the music now :-)

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Now it's sound 18% better. :)

Haha, yes indeed! Lethal Weapon goodness here I come... (and Man Who Killed Hitler and then the Bigfoot and Karate Kid 2. OK I just read that back... poor Karate Kid...).

• 2 weeks later...

18% OFF YOUR ORDER SALE EXTENDED THRU 11-16-20!

Due to high demand, our 18th Bday CELEBRATION has been extended through 11/16/20 -- so act now and get 18% OFF your entire purchase at www.lalalandrecords.com

This special will not be extended again.

Special applies to in-stock items only (includes our new releases of THE BOYS SEASON ONE and SEASON TWO and the re-stock of our LETHAL WEAPON (8-CD BOX SET))

BACK IN STOCK ALERT! The long-out-of-stock WYATT EARP (3-CD SET) by James Newton Howard has just returned and is included as part of the current special sale.

wyatt-Web.jpg

SHIPPING NOTICE: Given the current pandemic crisis, please be patient with shipping. We are working steadily and safely to get orders out in a timely fashion.

Expect up to 7 business days from the date you place your order for it to ship from our warehouse and, then, we respectfully ask customers to wait up to 4 weeks to inquire about packages/deliveries not yet received. All such inquiries should be made to info@lalaland-ent.com – Thank you.

Please stay well and safe, everyone!

http://secure.campaigner.com/csb/Public/show/4our-2blgyp--sa87w-ag4f6q4

18% OFF SALE EXTENDED UNTIL NOON (PST) 11-17-20!

We apologize for a website glitch on our end that caused our current sale to be down for several hours. To amend that, our 18th Bday CELEBRATION has been extended until NOON (PST) on 11/17/20 -- so act now and get 18% OFF your entire purchase at www.lalalandrecords.com

This special will not be extended again.

WE’RE 18 CELEBRATION” - EXTENDED ONE WEEK UNTIL NOON (PST) 11/17! La-La Land officially turned 18 Years Old in October! Celebrate with us by taking 18% OFF YOUR ENTIRE PURCHASE! When you finalize at checkout, 18% will be deducted from your purchase total.

THIS SPECIAL APPLIES TO IN-STOCK ITEMS ONLY

The following titles are going...going...

Lethal Weapon Box Set - under 250 units left
Wyatt Earp - under 350 units left
Apocalypse Now - under 400 units left
The Great Race - under 200 units left
French Connection - under 400 units left
Waterworld - under 500 units left
Krull - under 500 units left

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=142090&forumID=1&archive=0

9 minutes ago, Potterhead said:

what will the John Williams release be this Black Friday?

Mike Matessino said that we shouldn't expect anything else this year. That was about a month ago.

Karol

I don't think so, he has no reason to lie.

They're probably just waiting with baited breath to see if approvals get over the line.

Still undecided about this sale. I really want to get a bunch of releases from LLL but most are OOS right now (Matrix 2/3, Disaster Box, Empire of the Sun) :(

Considering Waterworld, Stargate and Saving Private Ryan instead...

Anyone else having an issue with the discount no longer showing up in the cart?

Wonder if it's been removed early by mistake... guess I shouldn't have left this until the last day.

And are gift cards eligible for the discount?

22 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

May I recommend The Bride of Frankenstein?

Out of stock.