The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

This is why the best thing we can do to help these labels stay in business is buy titles directly from them as often as they can, as they get more money from the sale than if you purchased from a third party like Screen Archives or Movie Music

Well as a Canadian living in the Great North Pole, Screen Archive is the best solution. They offer all the titles at one place (some used CDs too), the shipping fees are..well... they are in US dollars. But I always had a great service from them. It's simply more simple for me.

I completely understand all that and it doesn't change anything I said.

It's just a fact that if you buy a title directly from LLL they get more revenue than if you buy it from anyone else.

That's clear, as all the titles usually are at the same price everywhere.

Are you aware of the US-CAN exchange rate?  This is a LUXURY to order CDs in US money for me!!! The last order costed me 300 $CAN (45 $CAN just for the shipping!)!!!

And for only 8 releases!!!

Money, Money, Money.  It's the only thing that matters for the great labels (Sony, Universal). I know, I've collaborated in some Aznavour latest Universal France releases.... Well at least, now they have an "ear" for us now, THE FANS. I told them, release what you want, but can you let me hear the material before you release it?  I will easily told you if it's the right version or an alt one! Hehe. They understood I think.

I'm really, really, really proud to support Speciality labels, because I know they don't do it for money.

On 12/31/2020 at 10:01 AM, ATXHusker said:

Orville Season 2 coming in January...

blob:https://outlook.live.com/7377ba52-f435-40e6-9dea-c0934dc66e56

LA-LA LAND RECORDS
www.lalalandrecords.com

La-La Land Records wishes you a safe and Happy New Year!

Thank you so much for all your support and well-wishes during this challenging year. We look forward to bringing you an exciting slate of new releases in 2021, starting with new titles on January 19, which will include our 2-CD presentation of THE ORVILLE SEASON 2.

Our shipping will re-open on Monday, January 4th. Please be patient, as we will be working steadily, but safely, given local Covid ordinances and the like.

Again, thanks for supporting us and all the best for a very and safe Happy New Year!

The La-La Land Team

Click on the image, or CLICK HERE to get the Hi-Res Poster Image from La-La land Records

blob:https://outlook.live.com/70da3943-dcce-492e-a139-b9b1fec63abb

LA-LA_LAND_2020_RELEASES_POSTER.jpg

© 2021 La-La Land Records. All rights reserved.

Only bought MULES out of this batch

After a thorough deep deep...DEEP DEEP cleansing of the offices and storage facility by yours truly we have the following titles up for grabs. All are going and/or out of print. No repressings. Contracts are expired. The babies are being put to rest!

VINYL:
E.T. VINYL 2XLP - 22 units remain

CDS:
STAGECOACH - 30 units remain
BANDOLERO - 12 units remain
MATRIX RELOADED - 10 units remain
INTO THE WEST - 50 units remain
THE INTERVIEW/THIS IS THE END - 35 units remain
UNCHARTED 4 - 26 units remain
THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD - 75 units remain
KISS KISS BANG BANG - 60 units remain
THE STEPFORD WIVES - 4 units remain
MAN HUNT - 94 units remain
GIANT - 42 units remain
FIRST LOVE - 22 units remain
LAWS OF ATTRACTION - 11 units remain
THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WIND - 77 units remain
LINK - 116 units remain
SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY - 13 units remain
GRIMM - 138 units remain

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=142713&forumID=1&archive=0

I cannot more highly recommend to anyone remotely interested in Don Davis and/or 90s action/sci fi scoring in general to pick up their expansion of THE MATRIX RELOADED.  Get it now while you can!

@Bespin you might regret not having this one later!

And since you have recently begun collecting Jerry, this is your last chance to get The Stagecoach, Bandolero, Link, and Sleeping With The Enemy!

I know that, that's why I'm saying later on when you inevitably discover him and want to collect his best scores, you'll regret that the Reloaded expansion is OOP and you missed your chance to get it now!

I would have ordered Alien 3 with that, but it will be reprinted only at the end of the month. Too bad for LLL. I'll buy it from ScreenArchives in my next order.

Okay kiddies, since we get constant questions as to when things will be coming back into stock here goes my best guesstimate on the following OUT OF STOCK titles. Please note these dates are not set in stone, but we hope to adhere to this restock schedule. I wish we could restock them all next week but that damn leprechaun and his pot of gold is ever so elusive.

LATE JAN 2021

QUINN MARTIN VOL 2 THE INVADERS
ROMANCING THE STONE

EARLY FEB 2021

HARRY POTTER BOX SET
BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA
THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH

LATE FEB 2021

FRIDAY THE 13TH PARTS 2/3
FRIDAY THE 13TH PARTS 4/5
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT
X FILES SEASON 11

MARCH 2021

SUPERMAN 40TH ANNIVERSARY
SCHINDLER'S LIST CD
BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN

APRIL 2021

STAR TREK ENTERPRISE VOL 1
STAR TREK ENTERPRISE VOL 2
BATMAN DANNY ELFMAN COLLECTION
DIE ANOTHER DAY

MAY 2021

ALIEN 3
FIRST KNIGHT
BATMAN THE MOVIE 50TH ANNIVERSARY

JUNE 2021

JW DISASTER SET

UNKNOWN

BATMAN TAS VOL 1
BEVERLY HILLS COP 35TH ANNIVERSARY
BEVERLY HILLS COP 2
BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA
COLOSSUS THE FORBIN PROJECT
DANCES WITH WOLVES
DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE
EMPIRE OF THE SUN
GALAXY QUEST
HOME ALONE 25TH ANNIV
JACK REACHER
LADYHAWKE
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 1996
PLANET OF THE APES BOX SET
SOLARIS
THE THIN RED LINE
SUPERMAN 2/3

If you see a title on here that we currently have in stock on the website that means we only have a handful left and once all the units get snatched up it will be going out of stock until further notice

Also, if you see a title NOT on here that means its SOLD OUT and no longer available. So, for instance THE FUGITIVE -- it's LONG GONE. Don't ask about it

Here's to sticking to the schedule!

MV

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=142714&forumID=1&archive=0

5 hours ago, Jay said:

I cannot more highly recommend to anyone remotely interested in Don Davis and/or 90s action/sci fi scoring in general to pick up their expansion of THE MATRIX RELOADED.  Get it now while you can!

Belated Christmas present for myself :P

image.png

Couldn't resist grabbing Matrix Reloaded with the new stock. Very sad to hear that Revolutions is OOP though, was really excited to purchase that :(

I believe there's 2 copies of Reloaded remaining, for anyone holding off. Doubt they'll be around for more than an hour (EDIT: only 1 left!)

That list MV posted is a huge help, so people can plan their finances. Shame the Disaster Box won't be back until June. Hopefully Empire of the Sun has returned by then as well!

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Holy shit those first 3 titles in your cart are amazing releases

I sure hope so! Sounds like all 3 are career highlights for their respective composers.

Not a fan of Snow's XF:FTF? Decided to pull the trigger knowing they discovered that lost finale cue.

It's fine but it's not one of the greatest scores of all time like those first 3, and it's not a definitive presentation of a score like those first 3

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's fine but it's not one of the greatest scores of all time like those first 3, and it's not a definitive presentation of a score like those first 3

Yeah I'm mainly just excited for a handful of cues (there's a few cool renditions of the X-Files theme throughout).

Plus I figure there won't be an updated release coming post-Disney merger, so no point holding off.

Yea I'd love a new version adding whatever they found finally that was missing before but I also doubt one will ever happen

I guess Smoking Telegram was the only substantial thing they found, otherwise more would've been included in the Vol. 4 collection.

As for the other missing cues, wasn't it Snow that asked for them to be omitted from the FTF release?

Also, only 1 copy left of Reloaded now.

9 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Do anybody (except for @Yavar Moradi) really need Link? :D

I don’t need it! I’ve already got the LLL *and* the Intrada! ;) 

9 hours ago, Jay said:

Link is great!

Agreed! Some people just don’t “get” it for whatever reason. 🤷‍♂️ 

Yavar

Okay, so JW back in stock in February, March nad June. I will deduce from that that they'll be releasing new JW titles in those months too. Why can't they put up pre-order links for everything they're going to release throughout the year?

11 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

I usually wait for sales.

I'm not rich like Bespin😉

84 $CAN not well spent, if you want my advice (FOR TWO RELEASES ONLY!!!).

Blame @Jay for that !!

I learned my lesson after Superman. I'm not holding off on titles anymore; you really need to order it as soon as it's available, or you could be waiting a lonnnnng time to get it. By June, the Disaster Box will have been unavailable for, what, a year? :(

11 hours ago, Jay said:

Holy shit those first 3 titles in your cart are amazing releases

Jason LeBlanc, ladies and gentlemen...the only guy on Planet Earth (score by George Fenton!) to get excited about other people's purchases! :up::heart::mrgreen:

You wouldn't be happy if an acquaintance of yours tells you one day they recently discovered Shore's LOTR scores and picked up all the CRs?