The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

11 hours ago, crumbs said:

As for the other missing cues, wasn't it Snow that asked for them to be omitted from the FTF release?

Kinda.  I was under that misconception in November when they released V4.  There were tracks that they couldn't find at the time from the film proper.  There were also tracks that Snow wrote and recorded which were not used in the movie - those were left off by Snow's request.

On 11/27/2020 at 11:39 AM, mstrox said:

My memory was shaky - I mistook it for one of these other cues that were composed for the film and which were left off at the request of Snow, I guess!

DEE3726C-5017-4DAC-8518-F25643DF9B71.jpeg

1 minute ago, mstrox said:

Kinda.  I was under that misconception in November when they released V4.  There were tracks that they couldn't find at the time from the film proper.  There were also tracks that Snow wrote and recorded which were not used in the movie - those were left off by Snow's request.

So after the X-Files V4 release, there is 1:03 of music missing from the score itself as well as about 2 minutes of alternates.  As much as I like the X-Files, I'm not sure I'd rebuy for just that.

so I guess now is as good a time to ask this as any: when I returned from England, my HP box set got some little scratches, God knows how. Is this an excuse to ask for a replacement box set? They already said I could ask for one with my next order, but I can't decide if it's worth it. I wanted that set to remain undamaged, but don't want to waste their time and replacement sets either. Definitely getting a Titanic replacemeent as that case broke completely.

31 minutes ago, Jay said:

You wouldn't be happy if an acquaintance of yours tells you one day they recently discovered Shore's LOTR scores and picked up all the CRs?

Are those still available for a reasonable price? I somehow never picked them up. 

3 hours ago, Kühni said:

Only problem that I keep forgetting to put a "tongue-in-cheek" advisory to such posts, to avoid misunderstandings. I thought the emojis would help, but clearly, they didn't get the point across.

You're dealing with Jaybot, remember?!

😎

LLL used to have predictable sales, so if you were smart., you could wait and not worry about things going out of stock

4 hours ago, crumbs said:

By June, the Disaster Box will have been unavailable for, what, a year?

So first I have to wait for it to come back in stock, THEN I have to wait for it to go on sale. Waiting for this one won't kill me, however :P 

Why can't I seem to download high-res covers from LLL site product pages? Ever since they changes their site a few years ago this has been an issue for me. Am I doing something wrong?

Works fine for me

For example:

https://lalalandrecords.com/the-orville-season-2-2-cd-set/

On that page is red text that says "CLICK HERE to view the hi-res cover art".  Click that and a giant cover opens.  I can right click it and Save As.

Ok so it's only available for the newer releases? I can't find that red link on the Fletch Lives page, for example. But when I hover on the art I can "scroll-zoom" it but still cannot save it.

The Orville S1 page also does not have the link.

Right, they never made any high res art available on their website until recently

For all their older stuff though, you can just scroll backwards through their Facebook page until you find it

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords

56 minutes ago, Jay said:

You don't need an account to view their page, its open to anyone

They should all be on their twitter too

https://twitter.com/LaLaLandRecords

I've tried both but you can only view the first few posts without an account. Thanks for the suggestions in any case. 

I tried in an incognito window and it worked for me  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I kept scrolling and scrolling and it kept filling in

I understand that some of the fantastic big Black Friday titles which didn't make the schedule in 2020 due to late approvals etc but we were told them to expect in the first Qtr of 2021. Any idea if we can expect them soon?

No.

What he said

MV

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=118900&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=40&r=664#bottom

:(

According to this post on the Intrada board, MV had posted publicly somewhere that Glory by James Horner and Gladiator by Zimmer were supposed to come out on Black Friday but got delayed?

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=83488#p83488

He's just making that up right?  We would have talked about news like that here if a post like that existed

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

How much music is missing for Glory? I thought the OST was pretty much complete anyway.

Nope! It was one of Horner’s shorter OSTs. There’s at least 15 minutes missing, maybe more. Some people have it ripped from I think a region 2 isolated score track though. Plus from the Omni Publications written score it looks like there are alternates.

Yavar

7 minutes ago, mstrox said:

They released a second volume, full of wild duduk tracks and synth demos with hissy dialogue over them!  What more do you want!?

I know, a whole 5 minutes of clean, additional score! I feel terrible for asking for more... :P

---

They actually released a 2-CD set with the OST + MMF... twice. Once I believe in 2005, then again last year.

On 1/24/2021 at 7:54 PM, Jay said:

I tried in an incognito window and it worked for me  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I kept scrolling and scrolling and it kept filling in

I'll give that a try. Thanks

I find it hard to believe that MV would have mentioned target release dates missed before the scores get released.

A lesson learned from mentioning an expanded JFK how long ago and still no release...