The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

The first six scores do a great job of mixing creeping dread with horror, and are distinctive in a way that many horror scores are not.  7 and 8 (or at least 7, haven't heard 8 beyond a few listens of the old Mollin compilation) do a good job of mixing that style (including older scoring) with a more aggressive electronic style which is fun itself although not terribly distinctive.

It's a shoestring budget and they're very much horror scores - if you aren't into that genre of scores, I'd suspect there's not much for you.

BACK IN STOCK! SUPERMAN THE MOVIE - SCHINDLER'S LIST - 2 MULES!

These acclaimed limited edition CD soundtracks are back in stock NOW at www.lalalandrecords.com

SUPERMAN THE MOVIE: 40th ANNIVERSARY (3-CD SET) by John Williams
SCHINDLER'S LIST: 25th ANNIVERSARY (2-CD SET) by John Williams
TWO MULES FOR SISTER SARA: 50th ANNIVERSARY (2-CD SET) by Ennio Morricone

SupermanTheMovieHiResiTunesWeb.jpg SchindlersListCover-Web.jpg twomules-cover_Web.jpg

Re-stocks on these titles always sell out quickly, so get yours now!

Also, our pricing on our KING COHEN and THE SPECIALS Blu-rays has been reduced to $15.98 each!

Coming 3/16: Our new releases of TIME TUNNEL VOL 1 (3-CD SET) and FRIDAY THE 13 PART VIII: JASON TAKES MANHATTAN are available to order starting 3/16 at 12 noon pst!

© 2021 La-La Land Records. All Rights Reserved.

1 hour ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Two Mules for Sister Sara is all you need out of that batch 

I offer only one, because Sister Sara is getting old you know.

• 4 weeks later...

Woohoo!! Surprise 25% sale! Plus heaps of great titles back in stock! 

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS
TUESDAY, APRIL 6, 2021

25% OFF SITE-WIDE SPRING SALE ON NOW
at www.lalalandrecords.com

TAKE 25% OFF YOUR ENTIRE PURCHASE.
The discount will be applied at final checkout.

This special applies to ALL in-stock titles EXCEPT our recent releases of THE TIME TUNNEL VOL 1., FRIDAY THE 13th PART VIII: JASON TAKES MANHATTAN, and the purchase of e-Gift Certificates.

Our newly back in stock JOHN WILLIAMS DISASTER MOVIE SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION (4-CD BOX SET) and Danny Elfman’s MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE ’96 (2-CD SET) are INCLUDED as part of the site-wide sale!

Sale runs through 4/20/21

BACK IN STOCK!
JOHN WILLIAMS DISASTER MOVIE SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION (4-CD BOX SET), MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE ’96 (2-CD SET), MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE – FALLOUT (2-CD SET), THE ORVILLE: SEASON ONE (2-CD SET), QUINN MARTIN VOL 3: STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO (2-CD SET), FRIDAY THE 13th PARTS 2&3 (2-CD SET), FRIDAY THE 13th PARTS 4&5 (2-CD SET), SUPERMAN THE MOVIE: 40th ANNIV (3-CD SET), SCHINDLER’S LIST: 25th ANNIV (2-CD SET), TWO MULES FOR SISTER SARA (2-CD SET), BRAM STOKER’S DRACULA (3-CD SET), THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH (2-CD SET), QUINN MARTIN VOL 2 : THE INVADERS (2-CD SET), ROMANCING THE STONE and the very last 100 units of VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA – TV SERIES (4-CD SET)

On 10/19/2020 at 3:23 PM, Jay said:

One of the titles LLL is releasing in Q1 is the single album of music I've listened to the most times this year

...Q2?

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

A potential way of seeing this: they're looking to create some inventory space. Perhaps to make room for lots of new stuff arriving soon!

I'll take it!

8 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

You guys waiting for SUPE, HP, BATMAN... jump on.em!

Marshall Recommends:

SENTINEL

COLOSSUS

THIN RED LINE 4CD

LESS THAN ZERO

No Elfman Batman collection unfortunately, I'm still waiting on that to come back in stock and this would've been the perfect opportunity for me with the 25% off sale :(

14 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

No Elfman Batman collection unfortunately, I'm still waiting on that to come back in stock and this would've been the perfect opportunity for me with the 25% off sale :(

That set is an absolute gem, another very happy blind purchase for me!

Definitely don't miss it when it returns next!

24 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

I'm waiting too for that one plus Alien3 (which should come back in may, don't know about Batman though)

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

Is there a lot of people expressing desire for an expansion of that?

On 3/17/2021 at 7:10 PM, Holko said:

Got around to watching Fiddler on the Roof, after years of knowing some of the songs but never actually seeing the whole thing in any form. And after the short period of getting adjusted to the sometimes very stage-ey dialogue and acting, I really enjoyed it! I was happy to get to know and spend time with these characters, see them grow, open up slowly, seemingly close back up again. Great songs and great music! Especially when I checked on the 30th anniversary release afterwards a bit - very impressive sound quality difference,  too bad about some very clunky performance edits(?) that jerk the stereo field around violently. Is there maybe hope for a 50th anniversary MM redo from scratch, maybe with some instrumentals or the better film takes of some vocal/narrated parts?

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

Serious question, how do you cope with knowing what's coming and not being able to talk about it? It must be hell.

He finds it very difficult to cope and regularly visits a priest to confess his sins.

4 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

A beloved film adaptation of a beloved musical, and John Williams's very first Oscar winner (albeit for adaptation)? It would sell like GANGBUSTERS if it got a Mattesino restoration. And I'd be right there in line; it's awesome.

Yavar

I reckon Jay is happy with his many copies of the earlier expansion.

4 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

It would sell like GANGBUSTERS

Haven't heard that score.

7 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I reckon Jay is happy with his many copies of the earlier expansion.

I don't have enough to build a roof yet...

11 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

I’d probably buy it for its historical value in the John Williams canon but I am certainly not clamouring for it. Just can’t stand musicals. 

Ever seen this one? I think it's a kinda a musical for people who don't like musicals.

Yavar