The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

35 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Ever seen this one? I think it's a kinda a musical for people who don't like musicals.

Yavar

If I had a fiver for every time I’ve been told “oh this is a musical for people who don’t like musicals”... the I my time it was right was Avenue Q. That shit was hilarious. 

4 hours ago, ATXHusker said:

No Elfman Batman collection unfortunately, I'm still waiting on that to come back in stock and this would've been the perfect opportunity for me with the 25% off sale :(

I thought I saw that and ALIEN3 listed.

Must be seeing things.

Sorry about that😞

37 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

If I had a fiver for every time I’ve been told “oh this is a musical for people who don’t like musicals”... the I my time it was right was Avenue Q. That shit was hilarious. 

Not even South Park or Team America amuse you?

3 hours ago, Jay said:

I've heard of titles getting completely canceled after they were already in queue to be pressed at a plant.

Holy sh*t, i hope no williams or any of my holy grails from other composers were there :/

5 hours ago, Jay said:

I mean, it's definitely a bummer to see people yearning for certain titles and you can't tell them that they don't need to worry, it's happening... but it is what it is

Star Wars: The John Williams Collection confirmed

On 4/6/2021 at 7:36 AM, crumbs said:

Woohoo!! Surprise 25% sale! Plus heaps of great titles back in stock! 

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS
TUESDAY, APRIL 6, 2021

25% OFF SITE-WIDE SPRING SALE ON NOW
at www.lalalandrecords.com

TAKE 25% OFF YOUR ENTIRE PURCHASE.
The discount will be applied at final checkout.

This special applies to ALL in-stock titles EXCEPT our recent releases of THE TIME TUNNEL VOL 1., FRIDAY THE 13th PART VIII: JASON TAKES MANHATTAN, and the purchase of e-Gift Certificates.

Our newly back in stock JOHN WILLIAMS DISASTER MOVIE SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION (4-CD BOX SET) and Danny Elfman’s MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE ’96 (2-CD SET) are INCLUDED as part of the site-wide sale!

Sale runs through 4/20/21

BACK IN STOCK!
JOHN WILLIAMS DISASTER MOVIE SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION (4-CD BOX SET), MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE ’96 (2-CD SET), MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE – FALLOUT (2-CD SET), THE ORVILLE: SEASON ONE (2-CD SET), QUINN MARTIN VOL 3: STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO (2-CD SET), FRIDAY THE 13th PARTS 2&3 (2-CD SET), FRIDAY THE 13th PARTS 4&5 (2-CD SET), SUPERMAN THE MOVIE: 40th ANNIV (3-CD SET), SCHINDLER’S LIST: 25th ANNIV (2-CD SET), TWO MULES FOR SISTER SARA (2-CD SET), BRAM STOKER’S DRACULA (3-CD SET), THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH (2-CD SET), QUINN MARTIN VOL 2 : THE INVADERS (2-CD SET), ROMANCING THE STONE and the very last 100 units of VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA – TV SERIES (4-CD SET)

My wallet is bleeding...

On 10/19/2020 at 8:23 AM, Jay said:

One of the titles LLL is releasing in Q1 is the single album of music I've listened to the most times this year

Well, we're past Q1 now...  @Jay I believe it's safe to say that you were not referring to the Time Tunnel release?  ROTFLMAO

38 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It's clearly Fiddler. All the clues point towards it.

I wouldn't mind one if it could contains a CD with the music only and now lyrics and narration of what so ever

5 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

My wallet is bleeding...

I was thinking about using the opportunity to finally order SUPERMAN IV, which would then be $18.73, but then discovered that the shipping would be $17.25(!). LOL! What crazy times we live in. I feel like it's just yesterday I ordered CDs from the US with shipping between $4-6 for a single disc.

$17.25 is dinner for 3 days, even in expensive Norway. The total would be $36, which would then be the dinner budget for a whole week. For one 2CD. That's the shipping reality we're living in now.

Obviously I didn't buy it.

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

I was thinking about using the opportunity to finally order SUPERMAN IV, which would then be $18.73, but then discovered that the shipping would be $17.25(!). LOL! What crazy times we live in. I feel like it's just yesterday I ordered CDs from the US with shipping between $4-6 for a single disc.

$17.25 is dinner for 3 days, even in expensive Norway. The total would be $36, which would then be the dinner budget for a whole week. For one 2CD. That's the shipping reality we're living in now.

Obviously I didn't buy it.

It's only going to be more expensive the longer you wait

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

The first Superman is sufficient anyway. 

Or you could order together with @Nils to save shipping. :)

I would have no need for it if it hadn't been for the fact that Williams wrote some new themes for it (fun themes too, I have a digital version of the SUPES IV tracks in the old Blue Box).

1 minute ago, Jay said:

It's only going to be more expensive the longer you wait

Sure will. But I've never paid $36 for a single CD in my life. Not even a 2CD like this. And I'm not going to start now. I'll find some solution down the line, I'm sure of it. Ever the optimist! :)

Before the sale ends we hope to have the following titles back in stock and ONLY these titles so please don't ask about (insert title here) because the answer is NO it won't be back in stock before the sale ends.

COBRA KAI S1
COLOSSUS
SOLARIS
BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN

And possibly

ALIEN 3 (last 500)

MV

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=143580&forumID=1&archive=0

40 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

Damn, was hoping for the Elfman Batman collection to get back in stock before the sale ended!  :(

I could swear it was initially listed as part of the sale.

I clicked on at midnight.

Maybe, it was an error and LLL subsequently deleted it

10 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

There are two other wonderful new Williams-composed themes in the score, plus some absolutely breathtakingly brilliant arrangements of them in Courage’s underscore, with the counterpoint in the United Nations cue being a particular highlight.

Yeah, I've heard them all, even purchased the LLL CD, but all three themes are second-tier to me.

10 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

the early powerful Krypton/Smallville/Fortress of Solitude material, which is undeniably the greatest music ever written for the character).

A concert suite of this material would be great.

3 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

This, exactly. Well, plus the flying sequence of course!

Oh, yes. Though I could even do without that if I have to, as long as none of the Cowboys-like Americana stuff is dropped.

From the latter parts I do like the music for when he is rescued by Tessmacher and " Turning Back the World".

The chasing rockets/ super feats is just okay.

But, the LP  condenses them which improves it.

Same thing with the Krypton trial- the ost eliminates some music which is not.neccesary.