The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

22 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Great, an Alex North expansion! I'm a fan of his but I don't know this score that well.

It’s a very modernist work. Anyone expecting Conan or Krull or something will likely be disappointed but if you like North’s more challenging work it’s worth a listen. I can’t say it’s a favourite but I’ll be getting it if it materially improves on the prior release. I remember when Dragonslayer was a top rarity and went for a fortune. Kinda glad those days are over…

30 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Great, an Alex North expansion! I'm a fan of his but I don't know this score that well.

I've never seen Dragonslayer or heard it's OST album, but I bought their 2010 expansion on a whim and ended up LOVING it. 

I wonder if this new edition is changed in any way from that one (I believe it was already complete)

Just see the flyer. I'm so fucking excited about always!!!! Such a wonderful news!

Don't know if AI will contain more music or not but it's definitly great that people that have missed this gem before have now a new chance to get it.

Don't know if the guys of LLL will see this comment but a big thanks to them, you just make my day!!!

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

I wonder if this new edition is changed in any way from that one (I believe it was already complete)

And the sound was great, as far as I recall, though while I was quite impressed by it, I'm always reluctant to listen to it for some reason - even though it seemed more approachable than some other hardcore Norths.

I hope so!

All Williams scores deserve to be in print, but all SPIELBERG/Williams scores especially deserve so!

It's kind of amazing that the expansions of Jaws, 1941, CE3K, ET, Hook, JP, and TLW are all OOP!

That's the same amount that currently ARE in print - just Empire of the Sun, Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, AI, Minority Report, Always, and WOTW.  And only 4 of those you can buy today - Empire of the Sun, Always, and AI are awaiting stock/release

A thought to give those of you (including myself) who are hoping for a remastered and complete release of Maestro John Williams' score to Hook in commemoration of the film's 30th anniversary some comfort: if that will actually come to pass, it may not be announced until Black Friday for release in December, which would actually be perfect given that the film does take place during the Christmas season. The film itself was also first released on December 11.

3 hours ago, Edmilson said:

I heard that North reused some material from 2001 for it.

Nice flyer, but there aren't any catalogue numbers listed.  Something to look forward to.

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

Not only that but the movie was also released in December, wasn't it? So yeah, if it actually comes to pass it'll be during Christmas. 

That is correct. 30 years ago; December 11, 1991.

That would be the perfect way to commemorate the film's 30th anniversary.

16 hours ago, Amer said:

Iam Always hopeful for something positive. Hoping it will be a Williams title or titles this time around...

Looks like I was being prophetic without even knowing it... :lol:

6 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

The labels don’t hold releases once they’re ready to go. If Hook was on the table, I highly doubt they’d wait to release it during a particular month or season just because it would be the literal anniversary. 

Plus they need to pay bills. 

Karol

Just now, bollemanneke said:

Hey, have we decided when the flood has officially begun/will begin?

I think you're going to need a bigger boat. 😂

Come to think of it the WMG title might have been the AI reissue.... then again he probably wouldn't include reissues when talking about what's waiting at what place

That involves Warner the film studio, but not Warner music. 

Two unrelated companies. 

7 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Did MV specify which “Warners”?

Yavar

17 hours ago, Jay said:

We currently have 8 titles still waiting approvals at UME which has been going on for a long long time

Two titles at Sony Music

1 over at WMG

And a host of others all over town.

X-Men was the first title to get out of that UME log jam. Hopefully others will follow shortly.

MV

Oh man that would be awesome @Jurassic Shark! After it was put out as an isolated score track (and a pretty decent sounding one at that) I felt certain that some label like FSM would release Korngold's original Robin Hood recording. Alas, it never happened! We did get The Sea Wolf and Kings Row which were both fantastic, but no other restorations from Korngold's Warner Bros. recordings. :( 

I want a box set of everything that survives, to be honest!

Yavar

It's criminal that the triad of iconic Korngold swashbucklers - Captain BloodThe Sea HawkRobin Hood - has never received proper official releases of the original recordings.

5 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

It's criminal that the triad of iconic Korngold swashbucklers - Captain BloodThe Sea HawkRobin Hood - has never received proper official releases of the original recordings.

Yeah, The Sea Hawk is the one I really want. My favorite Korngold score by far, and even the terrible-sounding bootleg of it is a single disc and leaves off a huge chunk of score.

Yavar

Any chance of Planet of the Apes boxset restock?

We hope July

Do we Know when the thin red line will be back in stock????

Probably September or October

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=142714&forumID=1&archive=0

AUTOGRAPH EXCLUSIVE
“SO SAY WE ALL: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA LIVE”
Music by Bear McCreary
RETAIL PRICE: $15.98
STARTS SHIPPING JUNE

JERRY GOLDSMITH SPECIAL!
We’re celebrating our new CABO BLANCO release with great prices on two of the Maestro’s wonderful scores!

Get DENNIS THE MENACE (less than 100 units remain!) and ARCHER for ONLY $10 EACH!

Sale prices start 6/8 at 12 noon (pst) and are good thru 6/21
Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

David Arnold’s DIE ANOTHER DAY (2-CD SET) is BACK IN STOCK NOW! 

“BROKEN ARROW” IS GOING OUT OF PRINT! 
As we celebrate our release of Maestro Zimmer’s new SPONGEBOB score, make sure you don’t miss out on his legendary BROKEN ARROW (2-CD SET). Only 90 remain and once they are gone, it’s out of print, so get yours now before you can’t!

SPECIAL OFFER!
“MAX PAYNE / HITMAN AGENT 47” SPECIAL! 
Celebrating our current release of Maestro Beltrmai’s A QUIET PLACE PART II score, we’re offering our last 100 units of his awesome MAX PAYNE score, as well as his HITMAN AGENT 47 score at a sale price of ONLY $4 EACH!

Special offer good thru 6/21, or while supplies last.

SHIPPING NOTICE: Please be patient with shipping. We are working steadily, safely and within local ordinances to get orders out in a timely fashion. Expect up to 7-10 business days from the date you place your order for it to ship from our warehouse and, then, we respectfully ask customers wait up to 4 weeks to inquire about packages/deliveries not yet received. All such inquiries should be made to info@lalaland-ent.com – Thank you.

BACK IN STOCK!
DIE ANOTHER DAY (2-CD SET), FAR AND AWAY (2-CD SET) LAST BATCH, QUINN MARTIN COLLECTION VOL 1: COP & DETECTIVE SERIES (2-CD SET) LAST BATCH, DIE HARD 30th ANNIV (3-CD SET), SOLARIS, THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN, COBRA KAI SEASON 1, COLOSSUS THE FORBIN PROJECT, MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE – FALLOUT (2-CD SET), THE ORVILLE: SEASON ONE (2-CD SET), QUINN MARTIN VOL 3: STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO (2-CD SET), FRIDAY THE 13th PARTS 2&3 (2-CD SET), FRIDAY THE 13th PARTS 4&5 (2-CD SET), TWO MULES FOR SISTER SARA (2-CD SET), THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH (2-CD SET), QUINN MARTIN VOL 2 : THE INVADERS (2-CD SET), ROMANCING THE STONE and the very last 100 units of VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA – TV SERIES (4-CD SET) 

https://secure.campaigner.com/csb/Public/show/4our-2el811--uzxl6-ag4f6q4