The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

“THRILL ME! – THRILLER SPECIAL”
We’re celebrating our new release of INTERNAL AFFAIRS with a riveting sale on these other great thriller scores! Get THE ACCUSED, NICK OF TIME, AN EYE FOR AN EYE, PRIMAL FEAR and UNLAWFUL ENTRY at the thrilling sale price of ONLY $10 EACH!

Sale price starts on 7/13 at 12 noon pst and is good thru 7/31
Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

JOHN WILLIAMS “SAVING PRIVATE RYAN” SPECIAL!
We’re celebrating our ALWAYS and A.I. 20th ANNIVERSARY RE-ISSUE releases with a great price on the Maestro’s masterful SAVING PRIVATE RYAN: 20th ANNIVERSARY LIMITED EDITION CD!

Get SAVING PRIVATE RYAN: 20th ANNIV. LIMITED EDITION CD
for ONLY $15 EACH!

Sale price is good thru 7/31
Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

BATMAN ‘66 THE MOVIE – 50th ANNIV., HE-MAN – last batch!, KARATE KID PART II, THE ORVILLE SEASON 2 (2-CD SET), SUPERMAN II & III (3-CD SET), GALAXY QUEST, TIME TUNNEL VOL 1 (3-CD SET), DANNY ELFMAN BATMAN COLLECTION (4-CD SET – last batch!), MINORITY REPORT (2-CD SET) are BACK IN STOCK!

SPECIAL OFFER!
“MAX PAYNE / HITMAN AGENT 47” SPECIAL!
Celebrating our current release of Maestro Beltrmai’s A QUIET PLACE PART II score, we’re offering our last 100 units of his awesome MAX PAYNE score, as well as his HITMAN AGENT 47 score at a sale price of ONLY $4 EACH!

Special offer good while supplies last.

SHIPPING NOTICE: Please be patient with shipping. We are working steadily, safely and within local ordinances to get orders out in a timely fashion. Expect up to 7-10 business days from the date you place your order for it to ship from our warehouse and, then, we respectfully ask customers wait up to 4 weeks to inquire about packages/deliveries not yet received. All such inquiries should be made to info@lalaland-ent.com – Thank you.

BACK IN STOCK!
BATMAN ‘66 THE MOVIE – 50th ANNIV., HE-MAN – last batch!, KARATE KID PART II, THE ORVILLE SEASON 2 (2-CD SET), SUPERMAN II & III (3-CD SET), GALAXY QUEST, TIME TUNNEL VOL 1 (3-CD SET), DANNY ELFMAN BATMAN COLLECTION (4-CD SET – last batch!), MINORITY REPORT (2-CD SET) X-FILES VOL 4 (4-CD SET), X-FILES SEASON 11 (2-CD SET), DIE ANOTHER DAY (2-CD SET), FAR AND AWAY (2-CD SET) last batch!, QUINN MARTIN COLLECTION VOL 1: COP & DETECTIVE SERIES (2-CD SET) last batch!, DIE HARD 30th ANNIV (3-CD SET), SOLARIS, THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN, COLOSSUS THE FORBIN PROJECT, MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE – FALLOUT (2-CD SET), THE ORVILLE: SEASON ONE (2-CD SET), QUINN MARTIN VOL 3: STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO (2-CD SET), FRIDAY THE 13th PARTS 2&3 (2-CD SET), FRIDAY THE 13th PARTS 4&5 (2-CD SET), TWO MULES FOR SISTER SARA (2-CD SET), QUINN MARTIN VOL 2 : THE INVADERS (2-CD SET), and the very last 100 units of VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA – TV SERIES (4-CD SET)

https://secure.campaigner.com/csb/Public/show/4our-2f4ijr--vfr61-ag4f6q6

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jay said:

Williams, Horner and Goldsmith are my three favorite composers! Yay! 

Hey, mine too!

2 hours ago, blondheim said:

Ideally, these would Hook, Willow and Under Fire. Supergirl would be nice too.

They'd have to have a newly discovered source to do Under Fire as the tapes were missing when FSM reissued the OST. I'd buy it in a heartbeat though. I love that score!

1 hour ago, Bounty95 said:

As Willow can be ruled out I hope for Hook and The Mask/Legend of Zorro or Glory 

Besides those three what other big titles does Horner have left to expand? No idea how I never realized, but The Land Before Time was my last Horner grail.

1 hour ago, A. A. Ron said:

Besides those three what other big titles does Horner have left to expand? No idea how I never realized, but The Land Before Time was my last Horner grail.

I may be the only one who wants it, but definitely The Pelican Brief!

Fantastic news from LLL!  It’s not too often that they give out advance notifications of upcoming releases by composer, definitely a welcome surprise!  Usually it’s Roger who teases which composers are upcoming for their releases. 

Hoping for a 2CD Patriot or Amistad release for this summer and Hook for BF!

The Goldsmith could probably be from their 20th Century Fox series but I'm curious about the Williams title. That would be the 2nd Williams release in August (The other being from Intrada)

MV's post doesn't say that the Williams, the Horner, and the Goldsmith are coming in August, he says they are coming after their August batch - "the rest of 2021"

Yea I'd expect another Goldsmith at 20th, but also didn't MV say a long time ago they were gonna redo Innerspace too?

For Williams I think about Hook of course, don't know about the Horner's one even if I would love A Beautiful Mind or a Star Trek II expansion.

Goldsmith would be another 20th set or Innerspace

There are so many Horner titles to choose from SNEAKERS, GLORY, FIELD OF DREAMS and ofcourse THE PERFECT STORM. But lets see, if any of the above were to happen I would be very happy!

Id love to see if INNERSPACE gets a redux with the OST programe as a bonus plus the songs with new revised artwork!

7 minutes ago, Amer said:

There are so many Horner titles to choose from SNEAKERS, GLORY, FIELD OF DREAMS and ofcourse THE PERFECT STORM. But lets see, if any of the above were to happen I would be very happy!

Id love to see if INNERSPACE gets a redux with the OST programe as a bonus plus the songs with new revised artwork!

Either of these would be great. 

I hope Intrada does An American Tail 2 as well. 

Karol

I would hope we get an unreleased Horner rather than another expansion. I Love You To Death or perhaps his rejected Young Guns?

It is kind of shocking the expanded versions of Treks 1-3 and 10  are all OOP, and only 4-9 remain in print.

My next special label batch will be costly. Every time I want to make the purchase there is another announcement that I'm then waiting for and as soon as the release has actually come out, there is yet another announcement holding me up from pushing the purchase button!

I like that LLL is doing monthly releases now instead of twice a week, that helps with that kind of planning

21 hours ago, Jay said:

MV's post doesn't say that the Williams, the Horner, and the Goldsmith are coming in August, he says they are coming after their August batch - "the rest of 2021"

Yea I'd expect another Goldsmith at 20th, but also didn't MV say a long time ago they were gonna redo Innerspace too?

He certainly hinted about it publicly on the FSM board, at least. And so far this year they did put out an expanded Cabo Blanco which wasn’t part of the Goldsmith at 20th series, so it’s not as if they are forgetting non-Fox films.

Yavar

4 hours ago, May the Force be with You said:

I know but it's now OOP and I've missed it ;)

Same!  I would love to get my hands on II & III  

I’m also kicking myself for not buying Nemesis when VS had it on sale a year or two ago.

On 7/26/2021 at 5:30 AM, bollemanneke said:

So will we get a flyer on August 1?

I would assume so, they've been consistently releasing flyers on the first of each month ever since that month they didn't have any releases (April), and his message above indicates he plans to release titles every month from now till Black Friday

May's arrived at 11:51am ET

June's arrived at 3:18pm ET

July's arrived at 1:18pm ET

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I would assume so, they've been consistently releasing flyers on the first of each month ever since that month they didn't have any releases (April), and his message above indicates he plans to release titles every month from now till Black Friday

May's arrived at 11:51am ET

June's arrived at 3:18pm ET

July's arrived at 1:18pm ET

What happens after Black Friday?

7 minutes ago, Brando said:

What happens after Black Friday?

They usually don’t have new releases announced in December.  Black Friday is the last big batch.  I think once or twice they’ve had releases in December if they were tied into a new film release or something, but otherwise that holds true.

Yea, they'll have flyers on Aug 1, Sep 1, Oct 1, and Nov 1 for those month's titles. 

Then their final batch of the year will will not be announced via a flier, but instead via a series of Facebook posts on Friday November 26th, and go up for sale on Tuesday November 30th {and could include titles that won't actually start shipping until December}.

A few times they did have another title released in December after the Black Friday batch, but it was always tied to a new movie, and not a catalog title - Krampus in 2015 and Jack Reacher in 2012

On 7/26/2021 at 8:54 AM, Jay said:

Pursuit of DB Cooper!

A couple of Horner tracks made it on the LP, so not completely unreleased.

The Pursuit of D.B. Cooper and I Love You To Death might make for an interesting double bill on a single CD.

4 minutes ago, Holko said:

2CD Khan? OST for no good reason?

Dont forget the no Nimoy finale from the 50th anniversary set, (and perhaps the alternate take of Spock's Funeral?)

7 minutes ago, Permanent Waves said:

Dont forget the no Nimoy finale from the 50th anniversary set,

that's on the FSM as a bonus track already

Yeah, maybe an Amazing Grace-less take of the funeral? That'd fit easily after the 75 minute FSM disc though.

Am I misremembering or was it an early fully digital recording with not much to gain by a remaster at all?