The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

The final sign-off from the original music label is just one thing out of dozens of things that can delay a title from coming out, of course.

Any update on when Dances With Wolves will be back in stock?

Dances, Superman and Home Alone will be back probably in October

MV

• 2 weeks later...

The delay in STII discs puts delivery for me in question thanks to moving at the end of the month, and I can't get anyone at La-La Land to respond to my emails about changing my mailing address.  I sent one ten days ago and another Friday; nothing.

“GOING OUT OF PRINT ALERT”

Less than 300 units remain of James Newton Howard’s WATERWORLD (2-SET)! Get it now before the Mariner is gone for good!

Less than 120 units of THE TIME TUNNEL VOL 1 (3-CD SET) remain! If you don’t have yours yet, now’s the perfect time to grab it, along with our new release of VOL 2! When this title is gone… it’s gone!

BACK IN STOCK!

FIRST KNIGHT (2-CD SET) last batch!, THE WARRIORS last batch!, BATMAN ‘66 THE MOVIE – 50th ANNIV., HE-MAN – last batch!, KARATE KID PART II, THE ORVILLE SEASON 2 (2-CD SET), SUPERMAN II & III (3-CD SET), GALAXY QUEST last batch!, TIME TUNNEL VOL 1 (3-CD SET), DANNY ELFMAN BATMAN COLLECTION (4-CD SET – last batch!), MINORITY REPORT (2-CD SET) are BACK IN STOCK!

SHIPPING NOTICE: Please be patient with shipping. We are working steadily, safely and within local ordinances to get orders out in a timely fashion. Expect up to 7-10 business days from the date you place your order for it to ship from our warehouse and, then, we respectfully ask customers wait up to 4 weeks to inquire about packages/deliveries not yet received. All such inquiries should be made to info@lalaland-ent.com – Thank you.

https://secure.campaigner.com/csb/Public/show/4our-2g0xqv--w941o-ag4f6q0

15 hours ago, Amer said:

It'll be in stock by Friday. I had asked MV privately this Monday. So cheer up. 

Fair enough.  There's no excuse for emails not being answered, though; it's been two weeks and I still can't get anyone to answer a very simple question.

3 hours ago, Bryant Burnette said:

Fair enough.  There's no excuse for emails not being answered, though; it's been two weeks and I still can't get anyone to answer a very simple question.

You're not the only one. I recently had a similar issue with a wrong address. I contacted them a week before they shipped STII and kindly asked them to change it for me - no reply at all, they just shipped it to the wrong address. Luckily, I still received the CD in the end. This issue, however, together with the new customs rules, made this the last time I ordered from them directly. I will try some European resellers from now on (with Glory being the first attempt). 

Is there anyone from Australia who knows what the deal is with USPS suspending shipments to Australia? What does it mean for orders placed?

47 minutes ago, MattyO said:

Is there anyone from Australia who knows what the deal is with USPS suspending shipments to Australia? What does it mean for orders placed?

No idea, sadly. Can't find any info on Australia Post's website about it, and no explanation on the USPS website either.

I've had an order pending with Intrada for 4 weeks now, and I got an email asking if I wanted to cancel it (due to the USPS suspension) or continue waiting. I'm honestly not sure what to do.

It's such a frustrating situation for international buyers right now. We pay a fortune in international shipping rates then wait months for anything to happen, with no idea when the order will even arrive. Obviously I want to continue supporting the labels but, at a certain point, spending hundreds of dollars to order CDs from overseas (with no understanding of when it will even arrive) is going to become untenable.

On 9/16/2021 at 12:22 AM, MattyO said:

A combination of no available flights outbound and the fact the Australia Post is struggling to keep up with the influx of parcels. Apparently last month saw more parcels through the system than last year's christmas period. 

20 minutes ago, Arpy said:

A combination of no available flights outbound and the fact the Australia Post is struggling to keep up with the influx of parcels. Apparently last month saw more parcels through the system than last year's christmas period. 

Any word on whether the same issues affect parcels from the EU?

If US-based orders are now off the table for Australian buyers, it might be worth looking at Music Box Records from now on.

International flights can't restart soon enough... c'mon 80% double dosed!

On 9/17/2021 at 10:41 AM, Chewy said:

Why are you so impatient? A new Williams score must be coming! ROTFLMAO

I think he's messing with us at this point, because he knows that we read into everything. Lol.

4 hours ago, crumbs said:

Any word on whether the same issues affect parcels from the EU?

If US-based orders are now off the table for Australian buyers, it might be worth looking at Music Box Records from now on.

International flights can't restart soon enough... c'mon 80% double dosed!

It just depends whether the company you order from offers alternative services from USPS. I usually use DHL which is a lot faster but can be pricey.

AI 20TH ANNIVERSARY REPLACEMENT DISCS 1 AND 3 -- they are finally in! We are working to get these out to all of our customers asap as well as the retailers who requested them. Please be patient.

Also, just to reiterate the bad discs are ONLY from the 20th Anniversary re-release. Please DO NOT send us requests to replace the original release of AI that came out years ago

We will ONLY be focusing on sending out the replacement discs for now. We will put the corrected AI 20th Anniversary set back up for sale some time in October.

STRIPES - this came in earlier than expected so the LLL monkeys are working tirelessly to get your orders out as quickly as possible.

Last but not least...

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will finally have the second batch arriving Monday. We have so many back orders, both on our website and with our wholesale friends that we will NOT be putting this back on the website to purchase until we get in the 3rd batch which will not be until mid to late October.

MV

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=145273&forumID=1&archive=0

Finally got around to listening to “Women Warriors: Voices of Change” a few times today.  Bought this one without listening to samples as usual, and to be honest it got my purchase mainly to support the project.  Didn't know what to expect from the music itself and only knew the one composer from her DC Comics work.

What a lovely album!  Covering a variety of modern and somewhat less modern styles (and largely or completely avoiding Zimmodern styles) and designed for listening, as you’d note from the concert origins of the album.  Been a while since I’ve enjoyed a blind buy like this.  A very strong recommendation.

On 14/09/2021 at 1:45 PM, Bryant Burnette said:

Nearly two more weeks later and still nothing.  I filed a case with PayPal.

About SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISHER (James Horner) Alert- LLL just posted on FSM:

Fewer than 50 remain

https://lalalandrecords.com/searching-for-bobby-fischer-limited-edition/

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=145365&forumID=1&archive=0

transparent.gif

On 18/09/2021 at 3:32 AM, Jay said:

2 weeks until the next banner image

Is tonight the night? It's nearly 1am on October 2nd here. 

On 24/09/2021 at 12:34 PM, Bryant Burnette said:

Nearly two more weeks later and still nothing.  I filed a case with PayPal.

That's really disappointing to hear. I know the labels are swept off their feet right now but you'd hope to get some form of reply in the space of two weeks. 

I emailed Intrada about my latest order nearly two weeks ago (which is in purgatory due to the USPS suspension of Australian parcels) and haven't heard a response from them either.

7 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Is tonight the night? It's nearly 1am on October 2nd here. 

Night?  MV lives in California, and posts the banner images during his working hours.  Here's a list I posted before showing what times (in my local EST because that's what Facebook displays for me) he's posted banner images so far in 2021:

On 01/09/2021 at 10:07 AM, Jay said:

For anyone wondering when the banner might drop today,

May's arrived at 11:51am EST

June's arrived at 3:18pm EST

July's arrived at 1:18pm EST

August's arrived at 12:19pm EST

So that's a window of about 2 hours from now through about 5 hours from now

And you can add to that list:

September's arrived at 1:12pm EST

So that's a window of about 1 hour from now through about 4 1/2 hours from now

29 minutes ago, Jay said:

Night?  MV lives in California

I was clearly referring to my local time here in Australia. These always drop at nighttime for me (usually 10 minutes after I go to sleep :stick:). 

2021 LLL has given me X-Men, Always, The Orville Season 2, Glory, and Star Trek 2 which are all great and I am so thankful to have them.

And I still need to see what this "Somewhere In Time" score is all about too...

I didn’t think more Goldsmith in 2021 was even possible…

Its been a preeeeeetty dry year from LLL for me thus far as well.  Women Warriors in August, Always in June, X-Men in May, and Friday the 13th in March.  X-men was a blind buy and I didn’t care for it, but the others were good and what I expected.