The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Today I received some bad news from our Manufacturer of Star Trek 2 Wrath of Khan. Due to supply issues and Covid regulations that have impacted the pressing plant we will NOT be receiving our next batch of Wrath of Khan discs until Nov 20th or later. Of course should they miraculously arrive earlier we will let you guys know.

We will do our best to get more units in before the Holidays, but we are at the mercy of the Manufacturer and a worldwide poopy-storm.

And speaking of which, our Black Friday titles are up in the air at this point. We may only have a few titles come out.

MV

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=144744&forumID=1&archive=0

I love that attitude!

~

The question is, would people rather:

A) Everything still gets announced on Black Friday, but many titles say "begins shipping January 2022"

or

B) They only announce what they can actually ship the following week, everything else does not get announced until they have the stock in hand, whenever that is

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

I love that attitude!

A) Everything still gets announced on Black Friday, but many titles say "begins shipping January 2022"

or

B) They only announce what they can actually ship the following week, everything else does not get announced until they have the stock in hand, whenever that is

In general, I dislike secrecy from media companies if it's just a marketing strategy (especially the annoying norm in the video game industry), like I like that we know movie release schedules way out in advance.  But of course the specialty soundtrack business is its own ball of wax what with the layers of approvals and manufacturing issues that I'm more understanding of not wanting to pre-announce releases.  So I think I'd vote B in this case.  Announce what you can be sure of.

Announce it and let us order it. Of course, I haven't had to wait for any of my titles this year, so it may be mistaken bravery.

It's been a great year for me. I can only imagine what Black Friday will be like. (Maybe nothing I want since I got it all this summer.)

They should announce what they have and just give hints at what the other titles might be. Then no one has to wait for the titles that are ready first and the rest of us will have something to keep ourselves occupied over the holidays.

Gotta say though, I feel for MV and the other label producers. This sounds like a frustrating end to a very frustrating year.

I'd love option A, because then we would know what to stop bitching about, but I suspect the labels wouldn't love the resultant messages and questions about something that's not out for months.

I got very lucky in the 3rd Q of this year, with my top grail (see <<<<<<<) and two others on my 'most wanted' list ticked off, and I got a handful of older ones I haven't listened to properly, so either way, this has been a kick-ass year.

In some ways not knowing is more fun.... what could someone be working on/editing/mastering right now which in a few weeks/months give me the same 'woah!!!' reaction?

More updates from MV

Any updates on the restock of Titanic? I've been looking forward to snagging that one.

Or on The Thin Red Line? I know it was previously listed as unknown, but is there an update?

2022 on both

And Superman in November? ;)

nope

Is it more Police Academy coming? Thanks

nope

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=118900&forumID=1&archive=0

On 20/10/2021 at 4:41 PM, Jay said:

I love that attitude!

~

or

Highly doubt LLL would consider A) as people will drive them crazy asking "when does this come out?"

That's really good news :)

Although lets not get ourselves overexcited that they've got some amazing Williams ready to unleash, or that MM/MV were being coy when talking about Hook. That's how you end up disappointed.

Personally I'm hoping for Gladiator, and perhaps JP3 would be nice. The discussion in the Amistad thread sounds good too.

Hmmmm, I’d love to know more about this new release of It’s a Wonderful Life compared to the Kritzerland.  If it’s enough of an upgrade in terms of audio I’d consider the double dip.

One of my personal favorite scores, obviously a lot because it scores my favorite movie of all time.

The Kritzerland release of Wonderful Life was such a surprising treasure trove of unused music.  Having been so familiar with the movie, for me it was sort of like discovering a completely new but related score.

8 minutes ago, Chewy said:

No Goldsmith release? :w00t:

Most probably next month. LLL had (in the previous flyer)hinted that it was coming soon! 

16 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

I think this is the first physical release of a COD score. 

Other than the original one from Giacchino that came in the collectors edition, but yes I do believe this is the first single release without having to buy a bunch of other stuff. 

COD1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OUR WAREHOUSE FINDS ARE YOURS!

We have uncovered a very limited amount of these four OUT OF PRINT titles that we are offering now on our website only!

They aren't coming back, just some found last remaining stock. If you missed out on these, now's your last chance!

We have...

20 THE GREAT RACE (3-CD SET) 15 BEVERLY HILLS COP (NOTE: this is our original, sold out 2016 release - our current 35th Anniversary release of this CD is temporarily out of stock, but this initial release features the same audio/master presentation and liner notes) 10 1941 (2-CD SET) 15 STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE (3-CD SET)

Get em before they be gone... Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

The-Great-Race-FB-shareable-Web.jpg

BHC-cover_Web.jpg

1941-iTunes-Email.jpg

Star-Trek-TMP-cover-Web.jpg

Get em before they be gone... Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

4 hours ago, Amer said:

Hope nobody missed out on these !!!

They were all gone by the time I woke up. Not happy.

If we're being realistic, most of the copies probably went to opportunistic scalpers. Sucks for anyone who spent the last few years asking if these would ever return because they'd love a copy; like me, they probably all missed out.

12 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I wonder if these precious copies were limited to one per customer.

Good question. You'd like to think so but realistically? No chance. 

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

They were all gone by the time I woke up. Not happy.

If we're being realistic, most of the copies probably went to opportunistic scalpers. Sucks for anyone who spent the last few years asking if these would ever return because they'd love a copy; like me, they probably all missed out.

Which title you wanted? 

6 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Fuck me! I've just popped on to Amazon, and eBay. The cheapest 1941 2-CD is £111, on eBay.

Geez, Louise!

By contrast, the 2-CD DRACULA is selling for £20. Bar, and, most definitely, gain :)

Buy DRACULA now as an investment. Somebody will wake up when its gone. I've invested in LLL copies of  SUPERMAN, CE3K, ST:TMP, FAR AND AWAY, THE SWARM, LEGENDS OF THE FALL and THE RIVER. RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK (DCC) STAR WARS TRILOGY (SPECIAL EDITION BOOK PACKAGING)

Seriously the above are for my Time Capsule Project-not for sale! !

50 minutes ago, Amer said:

Which title you wanted? 

Would've purchased both in a heartbeat. I've been asking about LLL doing a new pressing of ST:TMP after missing out on that first pressing for years. I reckon they'd be crazy not to do another 3000 units, if that's allowed under the AFM rules.

2 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Fuck me! I've just popped on to Amazon, and eBay. The cheapest 1941 2-CD is £111, on eBay.

Geez, Louise!

By contrast, the 2-CD DRACULA is selling for £20. Bar, and, most definitely, gain :)

Always check the Discogs marketplace before those.  I put 1941 on my Discogs "want list" and as soon as someone listed a copy for under $50, I got an email and immediately bought it.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/3531181

What are the differences, if any, between upcoming "It's a wonderful life" with Kritzerland release?

Pretty much everything

MV

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=118900&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=45&r=271#bottom