The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

So maybe FOD wasn't one of the "two Sony releases," depending on whatever criteria LLL used.

MV's post was definitely taking solely about Sony Music and had nothing to do with Sony Pictures at all 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Since that February 2019 post, Sony Music has worked with:

La-La Land Records for Field of Dreams and Close Encounters of the Third Kind reissue

Mondo Records for Hook

Quartet Records for La vuelta al mundo de Willy Fog / D’Artacan y los tres mosqueperros

Intrada Records for Legends of the Fall, Jumanji, and SpaceCamp

So there's no reason to think there's any specific Sony Music issues any more.  We just don't have a clue which 2 specific titles MV was thinking of when he made that February 2019 post.  Maybe Field of Dreams was one of them, maybe that's a project that began life after that statement.  We may never know.

58 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

One of these days, I will post something on this site which is so heinous, so vitriolic, so obscene, and so personal, that it will, I am sure, get me a lifetime ban. Until that day, I ask that certain posters please keep any posts which could be misconstrued as a personal attack, to themselves. I ask that they use discretion, and restraint, when posting opinions which others could interpret as harmful, and offensive. I am sure that JWfan would be a much happier place, if this suggestion is acted upon.

What is this in reference to?

For the first two seasons, 20th Century Fox/Studios released score albums themselves on all digital / streaming platforms; LLL had a license for a limited run of the same album on physical media.

For season 3, it would again have to start with 20th Century wanting an album to exist to begin with.  And even if it does get one, for a physical edition to happen Intrada would have to both want to do one, and be given permission to.

AFAIK any music label can work with 20th Century Studios, not just Intrada - as evidence by, for example, LLL's Goldsmith at 20th line.

Even though 20th Century is owned by Disney now, for music licensing they seem to continue to run like they used to, with Disney likely getting first dibs on music rights for an album if they want it.

West Side Story? Hollywood Records digital & physical album

Death on the Nile? Hollywood Records digital album, no physical

The Orville S2? 20th Century Studios digital album, LLL physical album

The Last Duel? The Princess? Prey? 20th Century Studios digital album, no physical

if you go through all movies released by 20th Century Studios since 2020, most of them have digital albums released directly by 20th Century Studios, Disney has done very little with their stuff.

36 minutes ago, Gibster said:

Less than 5hrs left, any guesses?

26 minutes ago, SpotTheDog said:

So they send out the emails at midnight Pacific?

I’ll go ahead and guess The Lost World and HP4. So original, I know :lol:

Always 12PM PST. 11 hours to go.

Guys, what is happening today is a flyer showing what they're releasing this month will be posted to social media (Facebook and Twitter).  It always happens at whatever random time MV gets around to doing it

The email newsletter has absolutely nothing to do with the monthly flyers

You can just scroll backwards through LLL's feed to see what time MV typically posts the banner

August: 11:14am EST

July: 11:44am EST

June: 11:28am EST

May: 10:42pm EST

April: 6:37am EST

March: 2:16am EST

February: 11:17am EST

January: 2:40pm EST

November: 6:26pm EST

October: 11:14am EST

September:  1:12pm EST

August:  12:19pm EST

July:  1:18pm EST

June:  3:18pm EST

May:  11:51am EST

I guess if we just stick to the last 3 months as a precedent, it should drop in about 2 hours or so from now

Facebook text: there isn't any

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/pfbid0ZanAZvBVx744kkTGzP4cqNq7FMfzVBYWKQJCEvCQa2smV8RrU8QDZPTkVAUe4rtAl

Twitter text: "Coming 9/13 - #Soundtrack CDs - 
@CobraKaiSeries
 Season V (2-CDs Deluxe Edition) by 
@leobirenberg
 & 
@zachrobinson
 , #BeavisAndButthead Do The Universe  by 
@johnfrizzell
 & our 600th release - Jerry #Goldsmith at 20th Vol. 5 (2-CDs) !!!"

https://twitter.com/LaLaLandRecords/status/1565386757574602752