The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

1 hour ago, Jay said:

You can't view their facebook page in an incognito window?

Well, when I do that I get the profile picture, but none of their flyers or posts. I need to log in for that. Once I do that, it goes back to the 'content unavailable... blocked or page down' blah blah.

41 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Well, when I do that I get the profile picture, but none of their flyers or posts. I need to log in for that. Once I do that, it goes back to the 'content unavailable... blocked or page down' blah blah.

Have you tried messaging them before?

Just now, Brando said:

Have you tried messaging them before?

2 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Well, so far I've e-mailed LLL once and reported the issue to Facebook five times. Still being blocked from viewing their page

16 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

Due to the Williams anniversary icon of LalaLand records I still think, it could be something Star Wars related. But I would be fine with anything else. Even Hook.

Not even close by 3 million light years. I think MV clarified earlier on when this was asked last time.

5 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

Due to the Williams anniversary icon of LalaLand records I still think, it could be something Star Wars related. But I would be fine with anything else. Even Hook.

John's Star Wars scores will only be released on Disney Records 

48 minutes ago, A. A. Ron said:

It was last year that MV said people expecting an epic Black Friday batch would be disappointed, right? And he hasn’t said anything like that this year?

This is what he said last year:

Any chance we can get a tease of this year's prices and number of discs, like in (most) years past?

Ni but I will say this

Two huge titles we had planned for Black Friday didn't make the cut (one because of approvals and one because of the manufacturer being backlogged even though they have had it since September) so they will be out in 2022.

MV

On 18/09/2022 at 1:38 PM, EhTar said:

Some new for the rest of 2022, from MV on FSM:

10/4/2022 - 2 titles

11/1/2022 - 2 titles

11/29/2022 - 5 titles...possibly 6

Bram Stokers Dracula should be back in stock sometime in October. This will be the final batch

Harry Potter Box Set should hopefully be back in stock mid to late November

Mission Impossible 1996 will be back in stock mid to late October. This will be the final batch.

MV

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=148781&forumID=1&archive=0

So if we are getting 2 titles on November 1st wouldn't the flyer come out a few days before and not on the same day?  Seems kind of odd that we'd get the flyer and the sale on the same day does it not?

Oh dip, you're right!

We'll either get a flyer today, tomorrow, Sunday, or Monday.... or no flyer at all!

The email containing the track list and press blurb for their Tuesday releases always goes out late Monday night

Would there be a specific reason why Horners are coming out en-mass from Intrada and LLL at the same time? I can understand one of them might explicitly decide to go for a bunch of releases by one composer, but two of them at the same time? Would there be some licensing situation with Horner's estate that suddenly makes things easier, or something?

Excited for more Horner!!

And super excited for the Black Friday announcements. 

Fingers crossed for some more Williams, and fingers doubly-crossed for a proper MM-produced Hook. That's a score I actually listen to a lot around Christmas so the timing would be perfect for me plus it's top tier Williams in my book. Regardless, I can't wait to find out what's coming!

Given that Mike said this, I think we can assume BF has one Williams release and four other titles, and that's it for the year for JW.

A really great Williams release is coming this year. Several others are forthcoming in '23 and beyond.

Mike already told us in August that a Williams title was coming out on Black Friday, on this episode of Maurizio's podcast.

18 hours ago, Amer said:

Exactly . Here is what MV just posted about it on Facebook :

Link?