The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

9 hours ago, Jay said:

Mike already told us in August that a Williams title was coming out on Black Friday, on this episode of Maurizio's podcast.

Link?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02sDEfRBN9ZQTikCAAA6zKzRGMutmXUQ2t7oTZdr9KL7bvcx5fZhCooe1WfDLFk88yl&id=100063782071128

"

HOLIDAY SCORE SPECIAL!!!

With the holidays just around the corner, grab these festive limited edition score CDs now at a great price! Get LOVE ACTUALLY, IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE and MIRACLE ON 34th STREET for ONLY $15 EACH!

And get our 3-CD DIE HARD 30th ANNIVERSARY release for ONLY $25 EACH!

Offer starts 11/1/22 at 12 noon (pst) and is good thru 11/15/22 or while supplies last.

Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

"

https://secure.campaigner.com/csb/Public/show/4our-2ljjxh--11cgpu-ag4f6q3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/10/2022 at 8:59 AM, Jay said:

Ni but I will say this

Two huge titles we had planned for Black Friday didn't make the cut (one because of approvals and one because of the manufacturer being backlogged even though they have had it since September) so they will be out in 2022.

MV

On 28/10/2022 at 9:04 AM, Chewy said:

So I guess those two "huge titles" came out this year, any idea which are those?

The one hung up by approvals is now confirmed to have been Scarface

Neil says:

It was always supposed to be a Black Friday title for 2021, but getting one song approved held us up for months.

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=149651&forumID=1&archive=0

The one held up at the pressing plant must have been Field of Dreams.

I wanted to listen to the score of Shore's Nobody's fool (I just saw a review of the upcoming UHD which I will purchase) and wow:

I see this limited to 1500 copies from 2015(!) edition still hasn't sold out and it's only approx. $5!

https://lalalandrecords.com/nobodys-fool-limited-edition/

How rare is that... or isn't it?

7 hours ago, filmmusic said:

I wanted to listen to the score of Shore's Nobody's fool (I just saw a review of the upcoming UHD which I will purchase) and wow:

I see this limited to 1500 copies from 2015(!) edition still hasn't sold out and it's only approx. $5!

https://lalalandrecords.com/nobodys-fool-limited-edition/

How rare is that... or isn't it?

Crap, if I'd known that when I bought four of their five new releases, I'd have added one of those into the cart.

It looks like they newly reduced the price to $5 on a ton of stuff recently (since the last sale) - you can see em for yourself if you sort the CD releases by “lowest price.”

I…may have just thrown some more money their way…

10 minutes ago, blondheim said:

How are you all getting your shipping notifications? By email? And ic I had to check out as guest, because paypal was being silly, will that affect whether I get one?

Did you buy Spider-Man?  Anyone who bought Spider-Man won't have their packages shipped until next week right?

Just now, Disco Stu said:

Did you buy Spider-Man?  Anyone who bought Spider-Man won't have their packages shipped until next week right?

No I bought Amistad and a couple old Horners that had their price dropped at some point: Project X and Pagemaster.

Just now, blondheim said:

No I bought Amistad and a couple old Horners that had their price dropped at some point: Project X and Pagemaster.

Huh, yeah that is weird it hasn't shipped yet.  You can always check your order status on their website (if you made an account) if you think there might be an issue with email.

Well i have an account but it wouldn't let me change my old paypal to my new shipping address so I had to make a new PayPal but then it wouldnt let me attach new paypal to my la-la land account.

I was getting frustrated so I just checked out as a guest. I got a confirmation email, but no shipping notice

I had to do 2 separate orders (due to different payment methods) for each of my CDs:

- Tomorrow Never Dies

- Spider-Man

TND has shipped, but Spider-Man has not budged just yet.

I expect there are a lot of orders they are working on.

Yeah. I hope it ships soon. I would have bundled them separately if I had thought it would have affected anything but the Horners were older so I figured they’d be lying around to just toss in my order but maybe I was wrong.

4 hours ago, OneBuckFilms said:

I had to do 2 separate orders (due to different payment methods) for each of my CDs:

- Tomorrow Never Dies

- Spider-Man

TND has shipped, but Spider-Man has not budged just yet.

I expect there are a lot of orders they are working on.

Spider-Man will start shipping on Monday.

Karol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/12/2022 at 3:25 PM, filmmusic said:

Just ordered Amistad from Intermezzo Media, in the fear that it well sell out (doubtful with 5000 copies, but, you never know).

Tell us when you receive it, i may order from then too

On 18/12/2022 at 2:25 PM, filmmusic said:

Just ordered Amistad from Intermezzo Media, in the fear that it well sell out (doubtful with 5000 copies, but, you never know).

If you buy all 5000 copies, it will definitely sell out :lol:

37 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Tell us when you receive it, i may order from then too

i received it, but I had a hell of a time with the courier company they're using, Fedex.

I am away from home for holidays and it was a bit difficult to change the address to another city. Otherwise, the cd would remain for 5 working days in their warehouse and then it would go back to Italy. Fortunately, after a lot of phones with Fedex and a communication with intermezzo they changed it and I got it.

We have a parcel box, but before we did we had a parcel left in the bin too.

I suppose the only logic I can think of is that the homeowner won't move the bin up to the road (UK 'wheelie bins' have wheels so that we can move them to the road instead of bin guys having to do it) before they've seen the card put through the letterbox.

Even so, putting a parcel in the bin is just wrong...

5 hours ago, Alan said:

Yep. Happened with LLL's Wrath of Khan as well. No accounting for taste I guess...

I was going to say, didn't I remember you posting about this earlier in the year too? I think that delivery person has it out for you :lol:

15 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

That's a super weird story @Alan. Why not just leave it at the front door?

Exactly and if they were worried about security (as I would be) they have the option of leaving it with my next door neighbour or literally just ticking a box on the delivery card that tells me to collect it from their sorting office. Or just try to deliver the next day. Ah well. Outer box was a bit smelly (had to open it outside!) but no damage done to the discs, which I'm now in the process of ripping. Don't tell the police!

15 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I was going to say, didn't I remember you posting about this earlier in the year too? I think that delivery person has it out for you :lol:

If it happens again I'm going to ask what I've done to them :lol:

6 minutes ago, Gibster said:

I’ll probably get Chaplin but besides black friday the recent LLL releases have been pretty disappointing 

My last purchase was in Feb 2021 - I think I'm in a similar position, where my tastes haven't really aligned with what they're doing for some time now.

Having said that, I'm only a couple of expansions away from having no (even minor) grails left, just leaving 'nice to haves', so it's not really surprising that I'm not that interested in most stuff.