The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

• 10 months later...

My only concideration is whether to add it to my current SAE purchase, or to leave for the next one (it's gonna be a few weeks until it's in stock....I have the same concideration concering the new Poledouris release.....but there's a good chance they might sell out by then. So many conciderations!).

• 2 months later...

This quote was posted over at FSM by LaLaLand, the actual thread is buried somehere on their message board.

Early April: Limited Edition release of a beloved sci fi series. Also signed by composer

Late April: Two Limited Edition Releases:

1. 1000 units of a beautiful whimsical score signed by composer

2. Our 70th release. Our Most Extravagant release yet (only $30.00 to boot). A must have for any score collector. signed by composer

Then MV (LaLaLand) posted this:

THE BIG ONE is a 3 disc set. . .

MV

A three disc set that's a must have, signed by the composer.

Hmmmm looking at who and what they have released could it be, finally, Independence Day? Or perhaps a Back To the Future Trilogy?

I doubt it's John Williams

ID4 is not "whimsical," and if it was Back to the Future there would be more hype.

You might wanna re-read my first post:

Early April: Limited Edition release of a beloved sci fi series. Also signed by composer

Late April: TWO Limited Edition Releases:

1. 1000 units of a beautiful whimsical score signed by composer

2. Our 70th release. Our Most Extravagant release yet (only $30.00 to boot). A must have for any score collector. SIGNED BY THE COMPOSER

I hi-lighted the last sentence because someone at FSM mentioned Spartacus, which unless LaLaLand was working on this project almost 20 years ago, might be a little hard to obtain Alex North's signature.

Actually I think he mentioned in that thread they pushed the releases back a little, to ease our pocket books.... :)

Yeah I doubt it's BTTF, I expect that to come from Intrada.

John Williams would not sign the c.d.'s . I could only think of Hook

Didn't John Williams sign FSM's Goodbye Mr. Chips?

They did release Godzilla, which was thru Sony/Tristar.

a complete 1933 King Kong by Max Steiner, autographed to boot, wow

BTW I was told the most beloved sci-fi series is from a TV series. So no not BTTF.

Ok there are 3 seperate releases:

#1. Early April: Limited Edition release of a beloved sci fi series. Also signed by composer

#2. Late April: 1. 1000 units of a beautiful whimsical score signed by composer

#3. Our 70th release. Our Most Extravagant release yet (only $30.00 to boot). A must have for any score collector. Signed by the composer. A 3 disc set.

a complete 1933 King Kong by Max Steiner, autographed to boot, wow

appart than the anacronism of max steiner signing a CD, it would be a waste of time and resources since an amazing re-recording already exists...

BTW I was told the most beloved sci-fi series is from a TV series. So no not BTTF.

#1. Early April: Limited Edition release of a beloved sci fi series. Also signed by composer

I'd be thrilled if this was another Farscape release, but I don't know how well the previous ones have sold. LaLa also handles the Galactica releases, so that's most likely. Razor, perhaps?

I know I'm the only here that cares, but I have to point out that LaLa's early April release is in fact Volume 3 of the Farscape complete score releases! Hopefully there'll be more on the horizon. :P

That was the sci fi that everyone must have?

I never seen an episode of that...

I lose sleep at night because we don't have a complete score to Shaft.

I hear cocoa is very effective for sleeping disorders.

• 3 weeks later...

This was posted over at FSM.

A beautiful whimsical score, limited to 1000 will be released on May 13th.

A 3-disc set, limited to 3000 will be released on June 3rd.

A 2-CD set is set for late June/early July but it was announced by someone else all ready that it would be Masters Of The Universe by Bill Conti and La La Land confirmed it.

Then it was mentioned that there are 5 other titles coming before Labor Day.

P.S. They mentioned they're not doing BTTF or Spartacus.