The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Well, call me crazy, but since I heard rumors that LLL was working on a complete release of "T2" (since they also released The Sarah Connor Chronicles), and when I read the descriptions of "classic sci-fi title" and "action masterpiece", I realized any of those two terms could describe T2. So here's hoping that it'll be announced Friday!

Innerspace is a Goldsmith score, right? I might be confusing it with a Bernstein score, which was called Spacehunter or something.

Yes, Innerspace is Goldsmith. The Bernstein score is called Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone in 3-D to be exact.

Well, call me crazy, but since I heard rumors that LLL was working on a complete release of "T2" (since they also released The Sarah Connor Chronicles), and when I read the descriptions of "classic sci-fi title" and "action masterpiece", I realized any of those two terms could describe T2. So here's hoping that it'll be announced Friday!

That's just a load of tapping and clanging noises!

A complete T2? I'm sorry but the 53 minute album is more than enough for me. I do enjoy the Terminator score because it has moments of thematic beauty, but T2 is pretty much just noise. Works great onscreen or for playing a video game, though.

A complete T2? I'm sorry but the 53 minute album is more than enough for me. I do enjoy the Terminator score because it has moments of thematic beauty, but T2 is pretty much just noise.

I understand your sentiment if you're referring to the latter part of the score (cues such as "Tanker Chase", "Hasta La Vista, Baby", and "T-1000 Terminated"), but there are still gorgeous thematic moments throughout, a lot of it unreleased and heard before the sequence where Sarah Connor escapes from the hospital. This is one of those cases where everybody's opinion about the score would be elevated by a complete release.

And the titles are:

- Innnerspace (Jerry Goldsmith) 3000 copies

- The Fugitive (2 CD-set) (James Newton Howard) 3000 copies

- Panic in Year Zero (Les Baxter) 1200 copies

You can order the titles on December 1 at 12noon (PST).

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=64037&forumID=1&archive=0

Hmm... I'm kind of dissapointed with these 3, to be honest. I guess I was really, really hoping it'd be Gremlins. But I guess the release of Back to the Future got me overly optimistic. ;) I may get Innerspace though for the time being. I remember liking the music enough. And I do love Goldsmith! :P

I've always quite liked The Fugitive for some reason. My Parents have already bought me Back To The Future for Christmas. Wonder if I can persaude them to get me this too.....

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

The Fugitive and Innerspace, I'm almost in tears...;)

No seriously, wow LaLaLand just made my day.

I'm sorry to say this, if you are a JNH fan and don't like or get The Fugitive then there's no hope for you. ;)

This is a fantastic action score by Howard mixed with some quieter refecltive and suspenseful moments.

As for Innerspace, well this has been a holy grail of mine. I have the original album that features a good 25 minutes of well selected material but the complete score, featuring Goldsmith's amusing little theme/motif for the Cowboy and the action theme for Jack is something I've wanted.

My garbage can just got a little heavier today.

I didn't think The Fugitive would be on any of the label's plans for a release, at least not so soon.

I think I might be more shocked that was released compared to suprise of seeing BTTF and Innerspace.

I would recommend it, but I know you're not that high on Goldsmith. At times it's heavy on the electronics and some of the cues are reminiscent of "Rebirth" from Poltergiest, minus the horror elements. And like I mentioned there's a jaunty little Morriconesque cue for the Cowboy, although it's only on there twice and no more than a minute each.

While I love Goldsmith's music I'll be skipping on Innerspace, as I've never seen the film. Congrats to those who have been waiting on an expansion for that one for so many years. However, The Fugitive I will pick up for sure. I have the unmentionable and the sound quality is less than desirable. It's nice a nice surprise to see this released. Damn my wallet is hurting next month lol....

I had a brain fart with my original post.

I consider JNH's score to The Fugitive to be one of his best. There is about 80 new minutes on the expanded album which includes the roof top fight and Kimball's original escape from the bus/train wreck that wasn't released.

I know I've wanted that music.

This new Fugitive release is AWESOME. Some of the missing highlights I've always wanted to hear in high quality are the music heard during Kimble's trial, the Wells Street bridge cue, and the music heard when Kimble helps the boy Joel. Now, hopefully I can scrape together enough funds so that I can.

In fact, maybe we should start a thread with the tile "Which unreleased cue from The Fugitive are you anticipating the most?" ;)

Well, I have the original The Fugitive cd release and I enjoy it quite a bit. Is this expanded worth it that much bearing in mind I own the original cd?

Yes it is, I know I recommend that you pick it up Merkel. As Mark said there's 80 minutes of new material and I agree with Mark it's one of JNH's finest scores. There is an unmentionable out there that I mentioned earlier but the sound quality sucks pretty bad on it. It'll be nice to listen to this score with good quality. ;)

It's still not really grabbing me outside some highlights. It's hard to tell though whether the flat sound quality of the boot is affecting that.

Yes, sometimes the sound quality makes all the difference. But on top of the enhanced quality on this new release, we'll also have proper clean openings and endings as well, which in my opinion helps enormously towards one's appreciation of the score. Seriously, the original album was one of the worst offenders in terms of microediting and segueing into unrelated pieces of music.

It's still not really grabbing me outside some highlights. It's hard to tell though whether the flat sound quality of the boot is affecting that.

The foot warmer has awful sound. The original album has good sound.

I remember seeing The Fugitive in the theatre and I had no idea who James Newton Howard was. But the score captivated me so much that as soon as the film was over I went to the CD store in the mall and bought the soundtrack.

Well, another Jerry to cross off the list. I'll probably pick it up Tuesday, pending the checkbook's permission. This is what I like about LaLa that I kind of wish the other labels would do: give us a few days to process and prepare before opening up orders.

The Fugitive I'll likely pass on. I need to try to keep my pre-Christmas spending down and I've never really gotten into JNH.

To quote the late, great philosopher Zaltar - "Saturn and Earth are in outer space, but we - we are in inner space."

Wow, three scores in one week that I really liked growing up (long before I considered myself a score fan). I picked up BTTF, so unfortunately the other two probably won't be buys for me but it's good to see all these scores seeing the light of day (though I never thought the days would be that close).

:P

The ordering pages are now live!

http://store.lalalandrecords.com/innerspace.html

http://store.lalalandrecords.com/fugitive.html

If you order both you get $5 off.... add $5 for shipping and your total is $49.96

Alternatively, you could order from www.moviemusic.com

http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/fugitive-exp

http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/innerspace-score

And add a third title to get $1 shipping!

Yeah, I got in through a side door and placed my order. Hooray! ;)

Watch this one arrive before my BTTF which I ordered one week ago. If only I'd checked the JWFan forums on Monday instead of waiting til Tuesday! D'oh!