The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

After several days of not posting anything, MV has made a post on the FSM boards:

The countdown begins.

mu ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

*cough* *cough* *choke* *choke*

Sorry, what I meant to write is

MU HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...

Had to get those caps in there. wink.gif

MV

I have no idea if that's a clue for the 3,000 release or not

If I recall, someone from Intrada mentioned that as far as the animated films go, Disney will not license those out to other labels.

Captalising "HA" makes me think Home Alone. There's 9 "HA"s in his statement, so it's going to be a 9-disc set with all the scores and all the songs of the series.

"MU" of course means "music".

:blink:

If I recall, someone from Intrada mentioned that as far as the animated films go, Disney will not license those out to other labels.

But what about live action films, like the ones Intrada got last year? Did Intrada, and Intrada alone, get exclusive rights to release Disney scores? Or perhaps other labels like them, like La La Land can as well?

I'm really hoping someone will either do a re-issue of Disney's (slightly disowned) RETURN TO OZ by David Shire, or even a complete release. I have hopes since FSM's recent interview with David Shire about that specific score that maybe they will do it, or if not, someone else.

MV just sent out an email that sadly sheds no further light on it

New Releases

Join us at www.lalalandrecords.com on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 12 noon (PST) when we release our two new limited editions! We will announce the titles and tracks of these exciting must-have releases at that time.

The 5000 Unit Limited Edition is a 2-CD Set priced at $29.98. The first 100 units of this CD will be autographed by the composer.

The 3000 Unit Limited Edition is priced at $19.98

NEW RELEASE SPECIAL

NEW RELEASE SPECIAL: Buy both of these new releases when they become available on Tues and get the 2-CD SET release at a sales price of $24.98. ($5.00 OFF)

As always, thanks for your continued support and we'll see you in La-La Land on Tuesday at noon (PST).

I honestly feel like MV is doing a disservice to himself as well as the fans. See the problem now is that everyone will have to sit there refreshing their home page over and over again on that day, and that will probably take down their servers! So instead of having only the people trying to get an autographed copy of ID4 on the site at that time, they're also going to have hundreds of people just trying to find out what the other release is... that they may not even end up buying. Weird choice he's made.

Ok is the raisins thing a clue or is he just fucking with us

Some of you guys are so funny. Just the slightest bit of change and you freak out. They are cds, for Jerry's sake! We are not announcing something of vital importance like the next American Idol or the winner of Dancing with the Stars. wink.gif

To be honest with you I decided to do this this way because I thought it would be fun to take the Varese approach just once. lol (And yes, I know we are no Varese wink.gif )

This will be the one and only time we do this. Both are very cool and special releases and I thought it would be fun to have a big reveal. As a matter of fact, we were initially going to do a countdown clock, but opted not to because some of you would have complained the time didn't match your clock.

Chill, monkeys -- all will be revealed on Tuesday.

And no, I have not been giving any clues in my posts.

And as far as the server crashing it's possible, but we have taken the steps to prevent it from happening. In the past when we announced titles in advance we had server crashes, so we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

And, now get the hell away from your computers and enjoy the fresh air and glorious sun... but watch out for those falling raisins. smile.gif

MV

I don't get why people are up in arms over the whole non pre-announcement deal. As MV said this is the only time they're doing this. I'm sure if David Arnold hadn't spilled the beans about Independence Day on his Twitter account last month they would have had the announcement on Tuesday.

As MV said, everyone needs to chill and just wait until Tuesday. It's only 4 days away.

Yea it seems like the 3,000 release is something really special. All we know is its a short enough score not to need 2 discs. And its not huge enough to warrant 5,000 copies - unless they were only ALLOWED (or could only afford) to make 3,000. Hmm.

I'm not sure what significant music is missing from the original score album for Batman. When I watched the film recently, nothing stood out as music I had to have in expanded form. Plus, I'm hoping the Elfman MV has said is coming this year is Scrooged, which would make sense later in the year.

Actually there is still quite a bit of material missing from the album. The "First Confrontation" is edited to hell on the OST and the "Approach Of The Batwing" which is an awesome cue is absent. Also another cue that is edited to hell on the OST is "Attack Of The Batwing".

If it is released I'll definitely consider it, if only for the remastered edition. When Mars Attacks expanded was released I initially wasn't interested because I had the original album, but the allure of unreleased Elfman bested me and I picked it up anyway. A re-release of Batman would have a similar response from me.

Not to mention my brother always benefits when I double dip. I'm always pleased when I walk past his bedroom and hear John Williams coming from his iPod. He's picked up 2 Indy scores, the original Mars Attacks, Superman (Rhino) and he'll soon be getting Independence Day from me. I suppose I'd be very happy to give him Batman as well, since he's a big Elfman fan.

I don't know where all this talk of Batman is coming from, but if it does get an expanded or complete release, I might buy it. I'm trying to be thrifty, but I've held off buying the OST for some time...maybe this is why! :)

It comes direct from MV Gerhard. He is a self-professed Batman lover, and he's said his dream is to release EVERY Batman related music on the LLL label. He's done the Animated Series and the '66 movie so far, but he wants to do them all. He's essentially hinted from time to time that he's working on Elfman's Batman without directly saying so. Most of us think it's the big release he has for July 20th (right before Comic Con)

Ah, I see. Well, again...that'll be tempting. It's certainly a solid score, and it's probably about time I added it permanently to my collection. (I say "permanently" because I've borrowed the CD from the library a few times. :P)

If this mystery release is a big JW one, can somebody get me a copy? I will not be around for any of this.

Will do.

Nice.

Complete Batman (1989) is important, but Batman Returns even more so. Those are on my fairly limited list of non-Williams scores I want released in complete form (which also includes Titanic, John Barry King Kong and Star Trek V).

If this mystery release is a big JW one, can somebody get me a copy? I will not be around for any of this.

Will do.

Nice.

Complete Batman (1989) is important, but Batman Returns even more so. Those are on my fairly limited list of non-Williams scores I want released in complete form (which also includes Titanic, John Barry King Kong and Star Trek V).

Ok sounds good. If you can think of anything else, PM me.

And on top of that, does anyone know if you can store your credit card and address information on Lalaland's site for faster ordering?

Why not just email those questions yourself to them?

info@lalaland-ent.com

I did. But no respond yet.

Probably because it's the weekend and it's less than 5 hours later.

Neil

Why not just email those questions yourself to them?

info@lalaland-ent.com

I did. But no respond yet.

Probably because it's the weekend and it's less than 5 hours later.

Neil

I send the emial at Sat 10:17 (GMT+8). It was more than a day ago. Anyway, I've already save my credit card info into lalaland website.