The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

As I said on FSM it's possible with the 5,000 one being Batman, the reason why it would be limited is because the OST is still in print. I am sure MV tried to make it negotiable for the complete score to be Unlimited but Sony / Warner Brothers said no. However, it's possible with that one most likely being Batman they were able to press extras for Comic Con. Similar to what Intrada was able to do for Back To The Future.

Hence his comment about having plenty for those of us who are ordering online.

C'mon Forever.

Or TMP. I don't buy that it's ruled out because MV said so. You don't kill the surprise of your big summer release by answering someone on a message board. Unless he gave a proper reason.

I'm pretty sure he only said that because he doesn't expect to sell through copies at comic con. Or they set aside a certain number from the pressing, say maybe 3,000, to be sold online exclusively/go to dealers.

I'm pretty sure he only said that because he doesn't expect to sell through copies at comic con. Or they set aside a certain number from the pressing, say maybe 3,000, to be sold online exclusively/go to dealers.

Well I am going to be glued :blink: to my computer this Thursday. It's Thursday right? :P

Thursday morning at 5AM PST (8AM EST) the titles will be announced at Ubeda. Its safe to assume that shortly after that announcement, the internet will know what they are.

Well I am going to be glued :blink: to my computer this Thursday. It's Thursday right? :P

The announcement is this Thursday but they won't be taking orders for the CD's that will be announced until the 27th at NOON PST.

Their offices will be closed the 20th through the 26th while they're at Comic Con.

Thursday morning at 5AM PST (8AM EST) the titles will be announced at Ubeda. Its safe to assume that shortly after that announcement, the internet will know what they are.

oh, for the 1st time an announcement in daylight hours of GMT+1!

Jason,

Actually the sales for Thursday's announcement won't take place until the 27th...go back and read what MV stated in the "Things to come" thread on FSM. Their offices will be closed 20th through the 26th while they're at Comic Con and no online orders for those titles will be taken until the 27th at NOON.

In fact I think MV stated that if there are any online orders placed the 20th through the 26th on their site they won't ship until after the 26th.

In fact I think MV stated that if there are any online orders placed the 20th through the 26th on their site they won't ship until after the 26th.

This is correct, but it's important to note that you can still order them. They could still sell out before they start shipping. So be at your computers!

My level of anticipation is identical to the last batch: I'm not/probably not interested in the widely predicted title (it's Elfman in early/wacky mode - not my favourite type), and wait with some patience for what the 3000 unit one is :P

Can they make it a 4/4?

I'm about five minutes from buying a massive soundtrack order -- I still never ordered The Edge or Mr. Atlas yet, and Spartacus weighs heavily -- so the implications of another great order so soon is impacting what I want to spend on shipping. It depends on whether LLR's next releases show up on other buying sites this week or next.

It depends on whether LLR's next releases show up on other buying sites this week or next.

They won't show up on other outlet sites until next week when LLL puts them up for sale online on the 27th at NOON PST. MV said that in the "Things To Come Thread" beginning of the month.

Well I'm sure MV will make the announcement on FSM Thursday then it'll be posted here...but I thought you were talking in terms of the titles going up for sale.

I don't know why there's so much confusion here. Like I already said in this thread, the titles will be announced at Ubeda this Thursday, at around 5AM PST (8AM EST), and shortly after that we'll know what they are thanks to the powers of the internet. LLL's official press release is coming out later that day. LLL will sell the titles for the first time at comic con, during which time their offices will be closed. Then on Tuesday July 27th at noon PST (3PM EST), we can order them for the first time through their website. One of the 3 titles is Predators, which will also be available to general retail starting August 10th. The other 2 are limited edition titles, both 2CD sets, one at 3,000 units and one at 5,000 units. I've covered all this in this thread already.

The only new information is that MV is dropping hints that one title is Batman and the other is Die Hard.

I don't know why there's so much confusion here. Like I already said in this thread, the titles will be announced at Ubeda this Thursday, at around 5AM PST (8AM EST), and shortly after that we'll know what they are thanks to the powers of the internet. LLL's official press release is coming out later that day. LLL will sell the titles for the first time at comic con, during which time their offices will be closed. Then on Tuesday July 27th at noon PST (3PM EST), we can order them for the first time through their website. One of the 3 titles is Predators, which will also be available to general retail starting August 10th. The other 2 are limited edition titles, both 2CD sets, one at 3,000 units and one at 5,000 units. I've covered all this in this thread already.

The only new information is that MV is dropping hints that one title is Batman and the other is Die Hard.

I think I'm allset. ;) As for Thursday, I will have my computer up looking for a job emailing cover letters/resumes and check out the board......wait a minute I do that everyday. :lol:

Thanks again Jason for the update. :P

I should probably watch the film to see if there is anything I want that's not on the original Batman album.

If Die Hard is the second one, I'm going out of my mind with joy.

Well if they are indeed Batman and Die Hard, I hope there are and is sufficient material to warrant 2 disc sets and I hope Die Hard's sound is dramatically cleaned up.

If I'm gonna double dip for these two, it had better be worth it.

If it's Batman, I'll buy it and sell the OST to a Half-Price Books for $1.99 like I did for my ID4 OST.

If it's Die Hard, I'll also jump for joy, because I got in a conversation with someone I never imagined to be a film score fan as I showed him my iPod, and he pointed out that he thought that movie had a wonderful soundtrack.

Well if they are indeed Batman and Die Hard, I hope there are and is sufficient material to warrant 2 disc sets and I hope Die Hard's sound is dramatically cleaned up.

If I'm gonna double dip for these two, it had better be worth it.

"Unfortunately we were unable to get the rights to use all of the Elfman material, so instead we decided to expand in a different way with the SDCC exclusive first look release of BATMAN: 2-Disc Limited Edition featuring The Full Recording Sessions, as Written and Performed by Prince"

For those who don't read FSM, the exact quotes from MV are:

Let me ask you something, Josh -- You ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?

MV

This ComicCon thing is sorta... "complex"

MV

What does God need with a starship? What does GOD need with a starship?

MV

Come out to the coast... we'll get together... have a few laughs.

MV

I was expecting you, Inspector

mv

First quote is from Batman; the complex thing could refer to Die Hard maybe (Nakatomi Plaza?).... the God needing a starship quote is from Star Trek 5, but was only said after a post already suggested it. The come to the coast quote is from Die Hard, and the last quote is from Diabolik, but only because a board member asked him to quote it.

For those who don't read FSM, the exact quotes from MV are:

Let me ask you something, Josh -- You ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?

MV

This ComicCon thing is sorta... "complex"

MV

What does God need with a starship? What does GOD need with a starship?

MV

Come out to the coast... we'll get together... have a few laughs.

MV

I was expecting you, Inspector

mv

After the first quote he basically just start quoting any movies people brought up, so other than Batman I suppose he hasn't really confirmed anything. Not sure what the "complex" thing is all about

It's a line from Batman, I think when he's trying to tell Vicki that he's Batman. I remember it mostly from the trailer.

"Unfortunately we were unable to get the rights to use all of the Elfman material, so instead we decided to expand in a different way with the SDCC exclusive first look release of BATMAN: 2-Disc Limited Edition featuring The Full Recording Sessions, as Written and Performed by Prince"

You know that did cross my mind, "We've added 24 minutes of Elfman's score to disc one and the second disc will be Prince's song album."

:P

It's a line from Batman, I think when he's trying to tell Vicki that he's Batman. I remember it mostly from the trailer.

As I recall, that was Jack Nicolson's line, as the Joker, right before killing Bruce's parents (or somewhere else in the film -- anyway, he said it).

They have other releases coming later on, and it looks like all his quotes have to do with ones rumored to be coming out, and from his label too. Looks like he's droppin' hints. The "complex" line, that could be a reference to the already announced "Office Space"; I seem to recall where Peter, explaning to his Kung Fu-loving girlfriend in the car about their half-a-penny scheme, and her not getting how it's "not stealing", him saying it's "complex".

Got it. So he basically posted two Batman quotes and a Die Hard quote on his own accord. The Star Trek 5 and Diabolik quotes were due to prodding by other members.

Sounds like its Batman and Die Hard to me!

As I recall, that was Jack Nicolson's line, as the Joker, right before killing Bruce's parents (or somewhere else in the film -- anyway, he said it).

Nope, it was Keaton -

You know that did cross my mind, "We've added 24 minutes of Elfman's score to disc one and the second disc will be Prince's song album."

;)

Hmmmm I'm just thinking outload folks....So it won't be the complete score but it's the recording sessions which is an addtional 24 minutes. :P And the 2nd disc will be Prince.. :lol: Sorry if I am being dense here ;)

You are being dense :P Nothing has been announced or officially confirmed by La La Land and these guys are just joking around

;)

Hmmmm I'm just thinking outload folks....So it won't be the complete score but it's the recording sessions which is an addtional 24 minutes. :P And the 2nd disc will be Prince.. :lol: Sorry if I am being dense here ;)

It'll also have four extra discs, two with the complete score in mono, and two with the complete score as rerecorded under the supervision of Steve Jablonksy.

Or the first disc will add 24 minutes of score, and the second disc will be the original album presentation. Sound familiar?

You are being dense :P Nothing has been announced or officially confirmed by La La Land and these guys are just joking around

Thanks Jason again!! ;)

Hey Charlie that sounds great. I will get a few copies! ;)

I'm not going to post till Thursday afternoon guy... :lol:

Or the first disc will add 24 minutes of score, and the second disc will be the original album presentation. Sound familiar?

Yeah, but I doubt it.

Part of me thinks they have 85 minutes of music and have to split it onto two discs or they will include the albums versions of some of the cues, like the Batwing one.