The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

I have a feeling it refers to physical size - like its some kind of odd-shaped box - or # of discs..... not some huge coup like a Lucasfilm property or something.

I still think a complete box set of Star Trek TOS music is a likely scenario

The first two Monkey Island games already got new recordings with the Special Editions. The other two also use a great deal of live instruments. It could be great (plus Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, The Dig, Full Throthle, etc)

Aim higher please! That would be rather a disappointing prospect and MVs hyperbole would be entirely wasted.

Aim higher please! That would be rather a disappointing prospect and MVs hyperbole would be entirely wasted.

You're the one who's totally wasted, old man!

Sober as usual my good chap. I have never touched alcohol myself. I am sure that explains a lot of things.

You're the one who's totally wasted, old man!

Sober as usual my good chap. I have never touched alcohol myself. I am sure that explains a lot of things.

I'm the product of chain smokers and alcoholics... but my particular addiction is sugary coffee. Explain that one. :lol:

I can't see Sony giving the Star Wars rights to anybody else. They probably will over-protect their rights until they don't have it anymore, it's logical business-wise to do so. Who knows how long it will take, we don't know the arrangement Lucasfilm LTD has with them.

The brand is too valuable even if at an all-time low.

I can't see Sony giving the Star Wars rights to anybody else. They probably will over-protect their rights until they don't have it anymore, it's logical business-wise to do so. Who knows how long it will take, we don't know the arrangement Lucasfilm LTD has with them.

They never will. MV told me that Sony is hoarding Star Wars for themselves.

A McGuyver box!

I definitely want it too, I've said it before and I'm saying it again! That series has got some very original and high quality music by Edelman, McCarthy and Harrison so I really hope someday one label or the other remembers all this and makes us Angus fans very happy! :thumbup::D

Next episode of Hoarders, George Lucas and his giant closet of film score master tapes!!!

A McGuyver box!

I definitely want it too, I've said it before and I'm saying it again! That series has got some very original and high quality music by Edelman, McCarthy and Harrison so I really hope someday one label or the other remembers all this and makes us Angus fans very happy! :thumbup::D

There is some superb music in the series, most the stuff semi-borrowed from Goldsmith's First Blood scores.

There is some superb music in the series, most the stuff semi-borrowed from Goldsmith's First Blood scores.

Is that so? I must admit I've never made the connection myself. :blink:

Another thing: those of you who own the X-Files box, what do you think of it? Not long ago when it was announced only 50 or so copies were left I just couldn't resist ordering it. :P

I found I had to 'tune' properly to its sound, being very synth heavy. There's a lot of drone-styled material but it's very good, and there are lots of little motifs.

It's good for listening to at work, because it's stimulating but not distracting.

Here's a sample waveform of "The Desert" from the eventual 2027 Sony release of the remastered OT SE and PT single disc albums:

Loudness.jpg

Please, dear God, someone seize this music from Sony and Lucasfilm.

Here's a sample waveform of "The Desert" from the eventual 2027 Sony release of the remastered OT SE and PT single disc albums:

Loudness.jpg

Please, dear God, someone seize this music from Sony and Lucasfilm.

LOL!

Here are some tidbits posted by MV on the FSM boards that I hadn't seen before today, or at least I hadn't posted here before

Has Lalaland given up on "golden age " and "silver age " titles and their composers ? Seeing these forthcoming titles makes me wonder. What a pity !

LOL

Dude, it's COMIC CON. You know COMIC as in COMIC BOOKS?

We have more Golden and Silver Age titles coming -- an absolute MASTERPIECE at the end of August.

lol

MV

Source: http://filmscoremont...mID=1&archive=0

[Tiomkin's Giant]this would be a wonderful project if it ever came to fruition because i consider it one of tiomkin's best. i already have the forty three minute cd from capitol records and i was wondering how much more music there is that has not been included to have the full score available. could the next 2 cd release from fsm be GIANT? if it isn't, would any of the other labels (la la land, kritzerland,intrada) take up this worthwhile effort? thanks to anyone for any information.

Anything is possible. :)

Source: http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=90152&forumID=1&archive=0

I thought X-Files was going to get a Volume 2... so when that comes out will La-La Land do a "second edition" for volume one?

Nope.

MV

Since we are working on the new incarnation of T-Cats it's only logical that we are looking into the original. Keep your fingers crossed.

MV

We have more Golden and Silver Age titles coming -- an absolute MASTERPIECE at the end of August.

lol

MV

The Ten Commandments?

La-La Land Records will release a 2CD set of Kevin Kliesch's score to Thundercats on October 12th

(2-CD set) Presenting the dynamic original score soundtrack to the acclaimed 2011-2012 animated television series Thundercats, from Warner Bros. Animation, as seen on Cartoon Network. Composer Kevin Kliesch pulls out all the stops with his thrilling score to this successful reimagining of the classic 80's TV show. His music bursts with action and teems with powerful emotion, providing much of the series' heart and soul. This 2-CD SET is packed with sensational tracks from the series' greatest moments. A must for animation and film/tv music fans!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008SVS6FE/

Since the Amazon date is October 16th, I suspect it will be for sale on LLL's website as part of their September 25th batch.

Wow we really have hit rock bottom, haven't we?

We haven't hit rock bottom until we get complete scores to TV show "7th Heaven"

If this release would mean that all great scores would have been released as well, then we certainly wouldn't have hit rock bottom, but rather have reached the 7th Heaven.

Wow. I'm being poetic.

Shouty clown as well as Shakespeare, eh? There certainly is more to you than meets the eye BloodBoal.

Wow. I'm being poetic.

I wrote a poem recently too...How coincidental! ;)

From FB:

VEGAS, BABY!

We are in Vegas right now at the Star Trek Convention held at the RIO Resort. Stop on by and say hi...maybe pick up a soundtrack or two. We have great deals going on.

One more thing -- Aug 10 at 5:05 pm pst the LLL gang takes the stage to discuss the music of Star Trek and to make one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, soundtrack announcements of our 10 years in business. For those of you that can't make it, make sure to come to our website around 5:30 pm pst and watch a little something special we have cooked up for you. ;)

Live Long and Prosper.

If TMP is already out, what is left?

(*knows sod-all about Star-anything*)

From FB:

VEGAS, BABY!

We are in Vegas right now at the Star Trek Convention held at the RIO Resort. Stop on by and say hi...maybe pick up a soundtrack or two. We have great deals going on.

One more thing -- Aug 10 at 5:05 pm pst the LLL gang takes the stage to discuss the music of Star Trek and to make one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, soundtrack announcements of our 10 years in business. For those of you that can't make it, make sure to come to our website around 5:30 pm pst and watch a little something special we have cooked up for you. ;)

Live Long and Prosper.

If TMP is already out, what is left? (*knows sod all about Star-anything*)

Good question. ST The Original Series Box? Complete The Next Generation Box? Deep Space Nine Box? A Complete ST soundtracks Mega Deluxe Super Box?