The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Do you have Speed 2? It's one of my favorite scores :) Speed is great in its own way, but Speed 2 is a really, really great fully orchestral score

Oh, there's only a handful of Caribbean bits. Oh well.

~~~~~~~

Less than 24 hours left on our 20% off sale!
Just enter the code JWROCKS in order to take advantage of this deal!
Also of note:
The Edge - less than 120 units remain
Shane - less than 120 remain
Copernicus Star - less than 40 units remain

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10151727871443755

I highly recommend Copernicus' Star people, and I know filmmusic does too!!!

Rosewood, Home Alone 2, Die Hard with a Vengeance, and The Edge here. Wasn't planning on getting The Edge, but then I listened to the samples... dammit.

Wasn't planning on getting The Edge, but then I listened to the samples... dammit.

I really do think you'll enjoy it. It was a blind buy for me and I found it to be one of his unique scores with out the synth's he generally uses. Well another score with out the synth's is First Knight.

My all-time favourite Goldsmith, definitely.

Got Rosewood today, and really honestly, it's not that great. Lots of extended solo passages, a bit too much Southern influence for me, and his 'action' music sounds a bit too disjointed a lot of the time.

I can probably make a half hour playlist - but much of it is just boring.

Next Tuesday, June 18, 2013 at 12 pm (NOON) pst the following soundtracks go on sale at www.lalalandrecords.com
CHARMED – 2 CD SET
MUSIC BY J. PETER ROBINSON
LLLCD 1252
LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98
PRODUCED BY J. PETER ROBINSON AND FORD A. THAXTON
MASTERED BY JAMES NELSON
LINER NOTES BY RANDALL D. LARSON
ART DIRECTION BY MARK BANNING
SPELLING TELEVISION and LA-LA LA LAND RECORDS are proud to announce the first ever official release of J. Peter Robinson’s lush and whimsical scores to the hit television series, CHARMED, starring Shannon Doherty, Holly Marie Combs, Rose McGowan and Alyssa Milano. This collection of music (culled from various episodes Robinson scored during his 9 seasons on the series) has been rearranged, and in some cases, reproduced by the composer to offer a better musical dynamic than what was available in the original episode recordings. Some of the older orchestral samples were updated…rerecorded and remixed. The tracks were sequenced by the composer for optimum listening across both discs.
The first 100 or so customers who order the cd directly through www.lalalandrecords.com will receive a composer autographed booklet at no extra charge
INTO THE WEST – 2 CD SET
MUSIC BY GEOFF ZANELLI
LLLCD 1258
LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98
PRODUCED BY GEOFF ZANELLI
MASTERED BY PATRICIA SULLIVAN
LINER NOTES BY BRIAN SATTERWHITE
ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER
Paramount Music and La-La Land Records will release a soundtrack album for the mini-series Into the West. The album features the Emmy Award-winning score composed by Geoff Zanelli (Disturbia, The Odd Life of Timothy Green). Paramount Music will distribute the digital version of the soundtrack, with La-La Land Records handling the physical release. The 2-disc album will be released on June 18, 2013. Into the West produced by DreamWorks Television and Steven Spielberg chronicles the struggles, heartache and conquests of two families in 19th century America. The project’s cast includes such actors as Josh Brolin, Keri Russell, Skeet Ulrich, Balthazar Getty, Matthew Modine, Beau Bridges, Sean Astin, Lance Henriksen, Rachael Leigh Cook and Keith Carradine. The mini-series received a total of 16 Emmy nominations in 2006 and is now available on DVD.
The first 100 or so customers who order the cd directly through www.lalalandrecords.com will receive an composer autographed booklet at no extra charge
See y’all back here next week!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151743622913755&set=a.181243738754.155532.56031953754&type=1

SUMMER 2013 UPDATE
It's a good thing we aren't going to Comic Con this year because I don't think any of the super duper projects we are working on would have been done by then! lol
We have been receiving TONS of emails regarding some of our upcoming releases we have previously mentioned. Here is an update
LLLCD 1250 - WYATT EARP - Mr Costner has signed off on the package (and he loved it, I might add). We are just waiting on WB to give us the final thumbs up on the artwork. It's at least 2 months out, though.
LLLCD 1252 - CHARMED - coming out next Tuesday -- YEAH!
LLLCD 1257 - artwork approved! Will be out July 2.
LLLCD 1258 - INTO THE WEST - coming out next Tuesday -- YEAH!
LLLCD 1259 - hoping we get final artwork sign off this week. If so, it will be out July 2...very fitting too considering current releases and the upcoming holiday.
LLLCD 1260 - in artwork approval stage. Most likely out in August
LLLCD 1261 - awesome new release that took forever to clear, but all is well now. Should be out July 16
LLLCD 1262 - YOUNG JUSTICE - JULY 16 -- just waiting on one final artwork approval and then it's off to manufacture
LLLCD 1263 - OH, MAMA! This one is awesome. Still waiting on final artwork approval from WB.
LLLCD 1264 - I, THE JURY - should be out this August.
LLLCD 1265 - THE CONJURING - will be part of our July 16 batch. Great score by Bishara and lovely Family Theme by Mark Isham
LLLCD 1266 - artwork approval stage at WB
LLLCD 1267 - CAPRICA - in final artwork approval stage. Should be out July 30
LLLCD 1268 - all done. Will be out July 2 or July 16, depends on if 1259 is all done and ready to go by July 2
LLLCD 1269 - POLICE ACADEMY - waiting on one last bit of music. FALL release
LLLCD 1270 - X FILES VOL 2 - master approved. Liner notes all done as of today. Artwork to be worked on. Should be out late August/early September
LLLCD 1271 -
LLLCD 1272 - Just handed into WB this morning. Sept release most likely

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10151745069373755

Yea I dunno, the only movie that makes me think of that is Independence Day and that's still in print

And it's interesting how it's release affects the release of 1268. Weird.

How would The Patriot be related to current releases, or have any impact on another title?

Here's MV's post organized into dates by me

June 18th:
LLLCD 1252 - CHARMED - coming out next Tuesday -- YEAH!
LLLCD 1258 - INTO THE WEST - coming out next Tuesday -- YEAH!
July 2nd
LLLCD 1257 - artwork approved! Will be out July 2.
LLLCD 1259 - hoping we get final artwork sign off this week. If so, it will be out July 2...very fitting too considering current releases and the upcoming holiday.
LLLCD 1268 - all done. Will be out July 2 or July 16, depends on if 1259 is all done and ready to go by July 2
July 16th
LLLCD 1261 - awesome new release that took forever to clear, but all is well now. Should be out July 16
LLLCD 1262 - YOUNG JUSTICE - JULY 16 -- just waiting on one final artwork approval and then it's off to manufacture
LLLCD 1265 - THE CONJURING - will be part of our July 16 batch. Great score by Bishara and lovely Family Theme by Mark Isham
July 30th
LLLCD 1267 - CAPRICA - in final artwork approval stage. Should be out July 30
August 13th or 27th
LLLCD 1250 - WYATT EARP - Mr Costner has signed off on the package (and he loved it, I might add). We are just waiting on WB to give us the final thumbs up on the artwork. It's at least 2 months out, though.
LLLCD 1260 - in artwork approval stage. Most likely out in August
LLLCD 1263 - OH, MAMA! This one is awesome. Still waiting on final artwork approval from WB.
LLLCD 1264 - I, THE JURY - should be out this August.
September 10th or 24th
LLLCD 1266 - artwork approval stage at WB
LLLCD 1270 - X FILES VOL 2 - master approved. Liner notes all done as of today. Artwork to be worked on. Should be out late August/early September
LLLCD 1271 -
LLLCD 1272 - Just handed into WB this morning. Sept release most likely
October / November
LLLCD 1269 - POLICE ACADEMY - waiting on one last bit of music. FALL release

Can't wait to find out what these all are!

I think 1259 is easy to figure out if you read his clues and think about them.

Reading the 1268 clue again, maybe it's a score by the same studio as 1259, and they wouldn't want both out on the same day? Or they DO want them both on the same day? I dunno!

I don't understand why people want an expanded born on the Fourth of July. Williams, like he did for JFK, wrote a few long pieces and Stone reused them throughout the film if i understand correctly. All the pieces are on the original album no? Except for some alternates prolly based on the boot.

I wish Police Academy had the end credits to Police Academy 5. That is my favorite end credits suite from the series.

Don't forget this post from December - it might help figure out some of these titles

2013 will also bring a very fruitful relationship with Warner Bros Pictures as we help them celebrate their 90th anniversary with a host of soundtrack releases that span the decades. Already in the chute are 2 dozen projects, with more in the pipeline.
We will also continue to work with our friends at 20th Century Fox, Paramount Pictures, Columbia Pictures, MGM, Capitol Records, NBC/Universal, Sony Music, SCEA, WEA and UME to bring you guys some of the very best soundtracks from film, television and video games.
2013 will also bring you fans out there some new Bear McCreary releases starting with Battlestar Galactica BLOOD AND CHROME.
We have at least one incredible box set coming out 2nd or 3rd quarter this year that will run about $120.00. A handful of 3-4 disc sets are also in the pipeline.
Oh, and we are not done with Trek just yet. DS9 is just around the corner with other goodies planned for later in the year.
As always, we look forward to Comic Con this July and, of course, our Black Friday announcement in November (I’ll be damned if we could top 2012, but you never know what we have up our sleeves).
As I have done in years past, here is a list of SOME of the composers whose work we plan on releasing this year:
WILLIAMS
GOLDSMITH
ELFMAN
HORNER
KAMEN
ZIMMER
HOWARD
TIOMKIN
WALKER
BERNSTEIN
SNOW
ARNOLD
MORRIS
EDELMAN

Let's see....

WILLIAMS - The Fury and Rosewood
GOLDSMITH - The Challenge and Bandelor
ELFMAN
HORNER
KAMEN
ZIMMER
HOWARD - Dave, Grand Canyon, and Wyatt Earp
TIOMKIN
WALKER - Willard
BERNSTEIN - The Shootist and Sons of Katie Elder
SNOW - X-Files Volume 2
ARNOLD
MORRIS
EDELMAN
Wow, a lot still haven't come out or been announced!

Kamen = Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves!

Well, it better be, else I'm gonna kick someone's ass!

I really hope so. I have wanted it for years.

I don't understand why people want an expanded born on the Fourth of July. Williams, like he did for JFK, wrote a few long pieces and Stone reused them throughout the film if i understand correctly.

hmmmm.... no, it's not that way.

I can't wait for the Arnold, Elfman, Horner, and Kamen titles... whatever they are!

I would be interested in a complete Legends of the Fall and Willow.

From Elfman, I'd be interested in complete Sommersby or Dick Tracy (if the albums are not complete. I am not sure)

An expanded Dick Tracy would be welcomed by me.

Yeah, definitely. Not only is it a good score (with possibly my favorite Elfman theme--Tess's Theme), but I suspect that a complete release might shed some light on what was cut out from the theatrical cut. Elfman's said that the scoring process was insane, and I suspect there could be a good amount of unused/alternate material out there.

Yeah, crocodile and Trent beat me to the reason that I stated The Patriot; July 4th relevance, but then again, it might be just ... Born on the Fourth of July :lol:

THE POSTMAN has July 4th relevance, given the patriotic mush it is. Then again, WILLOW and ROCKETEER are the two scores i would look forward to most eagerly.

Willow and The Rocketeer are my two most wanted Horner expansions as well.

But of course, with Willow owned by Lucasfilm and Rocketeer owned by Disney, neither will ever come from LLL.

Update from MV

I was looking over that list we posted around the first of the year and the names MORRIS and EDELMAN threw me for a loop...but now I recall what projects those are! lol

Most likely those two will be out in 2014. The ARNOLD one is a little problematic (and frustrating considering both the master and liner notes are done). It may not ever see the light of day. A miracle might be needed on this one.

Got another Bernstein and at least 1 Tiomkin this year...would love to add another Tiomkin and toss in a Waxman, Steiner or a Rosenman, but it's not looking good on those releases for 2013. Hopefully 2014. Don't think we will ever be lucky enough to do a Herrmann, though. That well is tapped and/or taken. After everything is all said and done with the label that will be my only regret -- never having dropped a Benny.

As for the others, you just have to wait and see.

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=96823&forumID=1&archive=0

So let's see...

2013 already out:

WILLIAMS - The Fury and Rosewood

GOLDSMITH - The Challenge and Bandeloro

HOWARD - Dave and Grand Canyon

WALKER - Willard

BERNSTEIN - The Shootist and Sons of Katie Elder

2013 coming soon:

HOWARD - Wyatt Earp

SNOW - X-Files Volume 2

BERNSTEIN -?

ELFMAN - ?

HORNER - ?

KAMEN - ?

TIOMKIN - ?

ZIMMER - ?

2014:

MORRIS

EDELMAN

TIOMKIN

WAXMAN

STEINER

ROSENMAN

Might be canceled:

ARNOLD - ?

I could see Intrada releasing The Rocketeer.

Ditto :D

But if Intrada get their hands on Willow that would be sweet. But just wishful thinking....

The ARNOLD one is a little problematic (and frustrating considering both the master and liner notes are done). It may not ever see the light of day. A miracle might be needed on this one.

Damnit.

I hope it wasn't Shaft...