The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Now, the album versions of tracks included as bonus tracks, are they different arrangements/performances I wonder or just typical album edits? Probably the latter.

No, there are different instrumental parts in it.

I own the original album but might consider getting the expanded one too. A great score but as Shaiman says in the liner notes, Elfman must have been asked to score this film and passed on the opporturnity. ;)

Shaiman's score is great fun and the movie is a childhood favourite of mine. I remember seeing it countless times back then.

Hopefully it's something interesting. I get bummed when some sh*t like THE FAVOR is released. Makes me want to write to them and ask "Where is OBSESSION, you f*ckers?"

Same goes for Intrada.

Hopefully it's something interesting. I get bummed when some sh*t like THE FAVOR is released. Makes me want to write to them and ask "Where is OBSESSION, you f*ckers?"

Same goes for Intrada.

Hopefully what's something interesting?

Well it was just revealed the next La-La Land release is The Addams Family, wasn't it?

Unless you are talking about catalog title #300?

Cause that's something VERY interesting, incidentally :whistle:

MV has been revealing their monthly titles the Tuesday before the first batch of the month, so I assume all will be revealed on this Tuesday. (Assuming #300 is coming out in May)

Oooh! While I like the Addams Family score, I actually find the score to Addams Family Values to be superior. It just feels livelier and expands upon certain themes better to me. Hopefully this release means the sequel score will someday soon follow!

LLLCD 1291 is Addams Family (rather apropos considering it came out in '91). We had hoped to have it out by now but sometimes these things take awhile, especially when dealing with record companies (in this case UME which now owns the Capital Records library). It will most likely be out late May/early June. Tons of great stuff on it, including some never before heard alternates. It's a great score and a total blast to listen to.

Now, if Warners would only sign off on LLLCD 1300....

MV

I think Zimmer said somewhere that he didn't even know a small label was working on Rain Man, contrary to Robin Esterhammer's claims that Zimmer and his people were uncooperative

I always found it a bit odd that Zimmer & Co were said to refuse to provide better elements, if they knew a release would happen anyway. It would make more sense that he didn't know.

I haven't heard it, but the official blurb does not fill one with confidence:

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/14455/RAIN-MAN-PRE-ORDER/

I don't know whether Esterhammer doesn't understand that 'really crappy' is not the best choice of words for PR, or maybe he just believes in outright honesty.

Looks like Kamen's X-Men is coming, possibly as early as next year

s it coming? -- YES
This year? -- NO (new movie factor)
:)
MV

Damn it you beat me to the post. This is definitely good news and I'll buy it in a heart beat! Who knows if Varèse will ever release a complete version of The Last Stand....

I would like to hear Kamen's original intentions. Badelt's material is a bit distracting, imo.

LOW STOCK ALERT: Less than 150 units remain of HOOK, less than 300 units remain of ESCAPE FROM L.A. and less than 500 units are left of THE BLUE MAX. Once they are gone, our Limited Edition runs of these titles will be completely sold out!

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=103241&forumID=1&archive=0

It doesn't sound like that at all. Where did you come up with such a crazy idea?