The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Yes, and it will be announced at a Star Trek convention, so it probabely has something to do with ST.

BTW, a DS9 4CD set is already announced, so it is something else.

Gotta be a TOS box. Between the 8 of the 11 film scores already expanded, the Ron Jones box, and LLL's TNG set, I don't see what else could be so "big".

William Riker Wishes You a Very Trombone Christmas

If i went with most important, I would go with a complete Williams boxset with all his unreleased scores, starting from 1959! :-)

Williams' still unreleased scores are the most important release in film music history?

A MacGyver box! :biglaugh:

Comes with a genuine yak hair replica of Richard Dean Anderson's 1980's mullet he had in MacGyver.

I think initially he said biggest release in soundtrack history, which is what got people's attention, and now he's taken it down a notch to biggest release for the label.

Original comment:

We shall be there with plenty of goodies...and perhaps with news of the biggest release in soundtrack history. ;)

Source: https://www.facebook...151130561383755

Newest comment:

Aug 10 at 5:05 pm pst the LLL gang takes the stage to discuss the music of Star Trek and to make one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, soundtrack announcements of our 10 years in business. For those of you that can't make it, make sure to come to our website around 5:30 pm pst and watch a little something special we have cooked up for you. ;)

Source: https://www.facebook...151176565238755

MV says that the announcement is big, not the actual release.

But you're definitely right that they wouldn't announce something unrelated to Star Trek at a convention about such. Probably not going to be interested in this.

MV says that the announcement is big, not the actual release.

But you're definitely right that they wouldn't announce something unrelated to Star Trek at a convention about such. Probably not going to be interested in this.

Yeah I'll probably pass this whatever ST related it will be.

Rich posted that newest Facebook comment 15 posts ago.

I know, I was re-posting the original one for Koray's benefit

Please let it be something not Star Trek related.

I don't see how a gargantuan box set for any Star Trek series qualifies as the biggest news in LLL history, let alone film score history. I never was interested in this TV music outside the television screen.

Happy for anyone for whom this is a grail :)

In other news: pass.

Same for me, but for all you Trekkies out there (Trent & Co.), this must be a dream come true! :thumbup:

COMING SOON FROM LA-LA LAND RECORDS

STAR TREK®: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION

Burbank, CA -- La-La Land Records proudly announces its forthcoming release of STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION, a limited edition 15-CD box set, showcasing all episode scores as heard in all three original seasons of the landmark sci-fi television series STAR TREK (1966-1969). This special collection of ground-breaking, iconic music, from one of television s most acclaimed and beloved series, has been newly remastered from studio elements and features hours of stellar material previously unreleased in any format.

Original series composers Alexander Courage, George Duning, Jerry Fielding, Gerald Fried, Sol Kaplan, Samuel Matlovsky, Joseph Mullendore and Fred Steiner are all represented in this deluxe collection, their historic work meticulously assembled, restored and remastered to ensure the finest presentation and sound quality possible. A 100-Page CD Booklet, featuring exclusive, in-depth liner notes from film music writer and Star Trek historian Jeff Bond, complements this attractive set, which is housed in a hardcover slipcase.

The collection is expected to be released in late fall 2012. It will be a limited pressing, but the total number of units to be manufactured has yet to be determined. You can help the label decide how many units will ultimately be pressed by visiting www.lalalandrecords.com now and signing up for the STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION MAILING LIST.

STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION is licensed by CBS Consumer Products and produced in cooperation with GNP Crescendo Records, the longtime home of pioneering classic Star Trek television and film soundtracks. GNP Crescendo s Neil Norman has allowed for episode scores previously and exclusively released by Crescendo to be newly expanded and remastered for this box set, in order to make the collection as comprehensive as possible.

This release marks the kind of authoritative collection of original Trek series music that fans have desired for decades. For 45 years, those like me who love this music could only dream about having it all, remarks album producer Lukas Kendall. This is themajor, historical piece of sci-fi music, television music and pop culture music that we have always wanted to release in a definitive form for the collector.

A majority of the music featured in this set has never been released, adds Executive Album Producer and La-La Land Records President MV Gerhard. Of that unreleased music, there is a fairly large percentage that no one has ever heard because it was written and recorded for the show, but never featured in the episodes. Regarding some of these previously unreleased tracks, Album Music Editor Neil S. Bulk comments, No original music from season three, apart from the main title, has ever been released. It s really distinct and definitely Star Trek It s what people have always wanted.

The original show was very theatrical, says Trek historian and liner notes writer Jeff Bond. So the music reflected that. It was huge and very expressive and thematic. And that makes it very exciting to listen to apart from the show.

The original Trek series scores team with action, adventure and drama, but they are also infused with deep emotion and the greatness of the human spirit. Such characteristics have kept these richly orchestrated tracks vital and relevant decades beyond their original recording. Trek was always about the human condition, remarks Co-Executive Album Producer and La-La Land Records VP, Matt Verboys. And the scores have that in it and I think that s what has made both the show and its music timeless.

For more about STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION, visit www.lalalandrecords.com now and join the STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK MAILING LIST to receive important forthcoming information and announcements regarding the release, such as the official release date, the number of units pressed, pricing and much more!

® & © 2012 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.

La-La Land will release a 2CD set for Brian Tyler's Terra Nova

Source: FSM Online (Subscription required)

Hmm, that's surprising. I'd thought any release would've happened sooner after the show ended.

I don't remember any musical highlights though, and for me the main theme falls into the 'hopelessly generic' category.

So far all Bad Robot soundtracks have been released by Varese but who knows what the future could hold

SHANE

MUSIC BY VICTOR YOUNG

LLLCD 1224

LIMITED EDITION OF 2000 UNITS

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

PRODUCED BY NEIL S. BULK and CHRIS MALONE

MASTERED BY DOUG SCHWARTZ at MULHOLLAND MUSIC

LINER NOTES BY JIM LOCHNER

ART DIRECTION BY JIM TITUS

La-La Land Records and Paramount Pictures continue to celebrate the centennial birthday of the studio by rolling out Victor Young’s unforgettable score to George Steven’s 1952 western masterpiece SHANE. This landmark release presents the surviving cues from the 35mm monaural magnetic film found in the Paramount vaults, supplemented by a few choice cues from the film’s music and effects track. Lukas Kendall supervised this complex restoration as producer’s Neil S Bulk and Chris Malone worked their magic to restore one of cinema’s greatest Western scores. In depth liner notes by Jim Lochner and fantastic art direction by Jim Titus round out this superb package!

SMALLVILLE: DELUXE EDITION

MUSIC BY MARK SNOW AND LOUIS FEBRE

LLLCD 1216

LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

PRODUCED BY MV GERHARD

MASTERED BY JAMES NELSON at DIGITAL OUTLAND

LINER NOTES BY BRIAN SATTERWHITE

ART DIRECTION BY MARK BANNING

La-La Land Records, Watertower Music, DC Comics and Warner Bros Television are proud to announce a 2 cd set of music highlighting some of the very best music from the hit television series SMALLVILLE. Jam packed with 2 ½ hours of music from all 10 seasons, this compilation is filled with intense action music and tender themes that will take fans back to their favorite moments of the series. Disc one repeats the same program featured on the 2010 digital release, but Disc two features over an hour of never before released music from composers Mark Snow and Louis Febre. Informative liner notes by Brian Satterwhite fill up the 28 page booklet design by art director Mark Banning.

The first 100 or so customers who order this cd at www.lalalandrecords.com will receive an autographed booklet signed by composers Mark Snow and Louis Febre free of charge. Please note supplies are limited. . .you are not guaranteed an autograph.

Not a bad way to end one heck of a summer! ;)

Both cds go on sale next Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 1 pm pst at www.lalalandrecords.com and other fine online stores.

See y’all then!

Source: http://www.facebook....236227843166471

MV's avatar on FSM is for Shane:

1801.gif

I tried going to the Illustrating The Score Facebook Page to look for a bigger version, but apparently he's deleted his page! Does anybody know if he re-launched it under a different name or why it was deleted?

Black Rain will hopefully be out Sept 25, if not, then Oct 9

Due to approval delays that effected our Aug and early Sept release schedule, expect about 5 - 7 cds coming in late Sept and early Oct. . .some big releases, some small releases. . . some bronze age, some very recent...some film scores, some tv scores. . . Hopefully at least one of the titles will tickle your fancy.

MV

• 2 weeks later...
Yikes. The holiday threw me off!

We only have one title coming out next Tuesday Sept 11, 2012 at 1 pm pst:

FRIDAY THE 13TH

Music by Harry Manfredini

LLLCD 1228

Retail Price: $15.98

Produced by Harry Manfredini, Neil S. Bulk and MV Gerhard

Mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland

Liner Notes by Brian Satterwhite

Art Direction by David C. Fein

Due to popular demand, Mr Manfredini's classic score to the 1980 horror film FRIDAY THE 13TH gets a stand alone release! If you already have the 6 cd box set we released earlier this year there really is no reason to buy this retail release. This release contains the same master as before as well as an abridged version of the liner notes and artwork from the box set release. However, if you missed out on the set or are a casual fan then I highly recommend picking up this wonderful score by one of horror's true Maestros!

The first 100 or so people who purchase this cd directly through the La La Land website (www.lalalandrecords.com) will receive a signed copy at no extra charge. Quantities are limited and you are not guaranteed an autograph.

See y'all next week!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/460336903988451

A deluge of artwork approvals recently!

LLLCD 1225 APPROVED

LLLCD 1226 APPROVED

LLLCD 1227 APPROVED

LLLCD 1229 APPROVED

LLLCD 1231 APPROVED

Just waiting on LLLCD 1230 to be approved (that's the one with an immediate deadline). Fingers crossed it comes in today. :)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10151234570443755

Looks like LLL will be having a sale for the rest of the year in honor of their 10th anniversary, starting with a sale on all their BSG discs:

LA-LA LAND 10TH ANNIVERSARY SALE!

To celebrate our 10th year, we will be offering a different group of titles at a great sale price of $10 each on every new release day from now until the end of 2012!

First up -- we are offering great prices on our flagship GALACTICA scores!

Get BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: MINI-SERIES, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: SEASONS 1-4, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: THE PLAN / RAZOR and CAPRICA at a special sale price of only $10 each! Sale good thru 9/24

Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

Source: The email that went out last night

Sweet! I've been meaning to buy those at Amazon but keep putting it off. Now I have no excuse. I picked up Season 2 used for $7 and it's in perfectly good shape so I won't upgrade it, but I'll get the others.

Their website does not show the sale price. I will wait.

By the way, how do you get on that email distribution list?