The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Sweet! I've been meaning to buy those at Amazon but keep putting it off. Now I have no excuse. I picked up Season 2 used for $7 and it's in perfectly good shape so I won't upgrade it, but I'll get the others.

Their website does not show the sale price. I will wait.

The sales start at 1pm PST when the new titles go on sale

By the way, how do you get on that email distribution list?

I believe I just got on it after the first time I bought something directly from them. I'm sure you could email info@lalaland-ent.com to get on it too.

For those of you interested, Manfredini's score for Friday The 13th is now available for purchase from LLL.

http://lalalandrecor...om/Fri13th.html

I actually pondered ordering this (although I already have the boxset) just to get Manfredini's autograph but in the end decided against it. I might regret it later but what the hell, I'm going to London in two months and I'll need all the money I can save for HMV and similar stores ... :P

That Galactica sale looks great! I already own Caprica but none of the others, so to own the rest of the music for $60 isn't such a bad deal! Hopefully I can find the money to order before the sale is over.

I've actually never heard these scores, but everyone seems to regard them highly. Is it really as great as people make it out to be? What other scores can these be compared to, stylistically?

The season 4 2 CD set is awesome

Is it? In what way?

I have the first three seasons on CD, and I only listen to a few select tracks. I consider the scores to be rather bland overall - I found nearly all of the percussive and ethnic stuff totally uninteresting (though sometimes it worked well in the series - sometimes not so much I thought). But ever once in a while there was a terrific minimalistic cue, like Passacaglia, Allegro and Prelude to War. But I don't remember anything like that from the later season (except for retreads of earlier material).

I think the Season 4 set is EASILY the best of the 4 seasons CDs! The show started off being mostly synthy and drum-heavy, but got more and more organic as the seasons went on (and as our heroes got closer to Earth). So the final season features the most emotional and orchestral music of them all. I really enjoy the interpolation of All Along The Watchtower into some score cues on the first disc, and the music for the final episode on the second disc is pretty terrific. It's the payoff that the previous 5 CDs lead up to.

Hm. I'll keep it in mind. But as I said, to me the previous discs (well the 3 I have) don't build up to anything... they're bland rumblings interrupted by a handful of gorgeous individual cues.

Hm. I'll keep it in mind. But as I said, to me the previous discs (well the 3 I have) don't build up to anything... they're bland rumblings interrupted by a handful of gorgeous individual cues.

For $10, it may be worth it if even if there are only a handful of gorgeous cues.

Sounds like its not your kind of music then. Why did you buy all 3 if you didn't like them?

Because I absolutely love some cues and they were on sale. And well worth it for these highlights. If there's anything like that on the other albums, I want them, too.

I haven't heard Caprica (or seen the show), but if you found highlights on the discs for seasons 1 through 3, you will ABSOLUTELY find highlights on the Season 4 2CD set.

Konnichiwa y’all!

Next Tuesday, September 25 at 1 pm pst will see the release of 3 new titles from La-La Land Records.

First up:

BLACK RAIN 2 cd set

MUSIC BY HANS ZIMMER

LLLCD 1229

LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS

RETAIL PRICE: $24.98

PRODUCED BY DAN GOLDWASSER

MASTERED BY DOUG SCHWARTZ AT MULHOLLAND MUSIC

LINER NOTES BY TIM GRIEVING

ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

La-La Land Records, Capitol Records, and Paramount Pictures are honored to announce an expanded 2 cd set to Hans Zimmer’s score to Ridley Scott’s BLACK RAIN, a pulse pounding 1989 action thriller starring Michael Douglas and Andy Garcia. This modern day classic score ignited a flame in films giving a new voice to the way action films are scored. For years it seemed that every time a trailer came out they used a piece of music from this unforgettable score. Detailed liner notes by Tim Grieving and rich art direction by Dan Goldwasser add to the fantastic listening experience to this fantastic 2 cd set. Disc one features the film’s score. Disc two has the original album remastered plus bonus tracks from the film.

For our next release, we travel through time to the year 2012 and find ourselves face to face with a young and old Bruce Willis with the soundtrack to the new film LOOPER

LOOPER

MUSIC BY NATHAN JOHNSON

LLLCD 1227

LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

In the futuristic action thriller Looper, time travel will be invented - but it will be illegal and only available on the black market. When the mob wants to get rid of someone, they will send their target 30 years into the past, where a "looper" - a hired gun, like Joe (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) - is waiting to mop up. Joe is getting rich and life is good... until the day the mob decides to "close the loop," sending back Joe's future self (Bruce Willis) for assassination.

Looper is perhaps Nathan Johnson’s most unique score to date, featuring a host of indecipherable instruments along with intertwining rhythms and textures. In preparation for the project, Nathan began gathering a wide range of field recordings and then he and his team created a sort of playable, hybrid found-sound orchestra using those original recordings. The results were combined with live strings and horns to produce deep textures featuring pitched industrial fans, tuned treadmills, and a wide range of intricate rhythmic elements — all looping and cycling on themselves at various speeds.

This limited edition release features music NOT found on the digital download.

Tristar Pictures presents Looper, in theaters on September 28, 2012. Cut Narrative and La-La Land Records will be releasing the Looper soundtrack digitally on September 18th and on CD on September 25, 2012.

The first 100 or so people who purchase this cd directly through the La La Land website (www.lalalandrecords.com) will receive a signed copy by composer Nathan Johnson at no extra charge. Quantities are limited and you are not guaranteed an autograph.

Watch the trailer at:

http://loopermovie.com/

Our third and final release for our September 25th batch will make you scream UNCLE!

MY UNCLE RAFAEL

MUSIC BY JOEY NEWMAN AND CHRIS WESTLAKE

LLLCD 1231

LIMITED EDITION OF 500 UNITS

RETAIL PRICE: $15.98

When a TV producer is desperate to find a replacement series, she convinces a 71 year-old Armenian, tell-it-like-it-is Uncle to star in a new reality show. Cultures collide when Uncle Rafael is thrown into the Schumacher family household where he, in his own Armenian way, has one week to save an already broken and dysfunctional American family from falling apart. The only rule—everyone must follow his rules!

The award-winning film stars Missi Pyle (The Artist, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory), John Michael Higgins (Yes Man, TVs “Happily Divorced”), Anthony Clark (Yes, Dear), Joe Lo Truglio (Role Models), Rachel Blanchard (Road Trip), Carly Chaikin (Suburgatory), and Sage Ryan (Piranha).

Based on characters from the famous, award-winning Armenian stage comedy “Rafael Keri Gandzere,” creator and actor Vahik Pirhamzei plays multiple roles in the film including Uncle Rafael himself.

Composers Newman and Westlake help bring to life this charming comedy with a rich, thematic score worthy of the “Newman” name. :) This limited edition release also features the song “Rafael” performed by Smith and Pyle (Shawnee Smith and Missi Pyle).

The first 100 or so people who purchase this cd directly through the La La Land website (www.lalalandrecords.com) will receive a signed copy by the composers at no extra charge. Quantities are limited and you are not guaranteed an autograph.

Watch the trailer at:

http://myunclerafael.com/

These 3 cds go on sale next Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 1 pm pst at

www.lalalandrecords.com

and other fine online soundtrack retailers

Source: https://www.facebook...151251384518755

MV adds the following via Facebook comment:

No signed Black Rain copies. Altough the project was produced with the blessing of Mr. Zimmer

Yep, as described in MV's blurb, Johnson recorded tons of different environmental sounds and manipulated them into music. The 2 minute track I heard a little while ago sounded awful, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Love his scores for Brick and The Brothers Bloom. As long as there's a tangible theme I'm good.

There's "normal" music along with the industrial sound design. The latest issue of FSM has some clips, including some more tender melodic material. No worries. I'm actually quite intrigued by this, and I already couldn't wait for the film.

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS

NEW RELEASE: Tues, 1pm (PST) Sept. 25, 2012

Available for order at www.lalalandrecords.com

Tues, 1pm (PST), Sept. 25, 2012

“BLACK RAIN: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)”

Music by Hans Zimmer

Limited Edition of 3000 Units

STARTS SHIPPING SEPT 25, 2012

“LOOPER: LIMITED EDITION”

Music by Nathan Johnson

“MY UNCLE RAFAEL: LIMITED EDITION”

Music by Joey Newman and Chris Westlake

Limited Edition of 500 Units

LA-LA LAND 10TH ANNIVERSARY SALE!

To celebrate our 10th year, we will be offering a different group of titles at a great sale price of $10 each on every new release day from now until the end of 2012!

Right now -- we are offering great prices on some dynamite action scores!

Get UNSTOPPABLE, BREAKDOWN (3-CD SET), SPEED 2, MONEY TRAIN and BAD GIRLS at a special sale price of only $10 each! Sale good thru 10/8

Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

blackrain-Web.jpg

BLACK RAIN: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) LLLCD 1229

Music by Hans Zimmer

STARTS SHIPPING SEPT. 25th

ORDER “BLACK RAIN: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)” starting Sept 25 at 1pm PST at www.lalalandrecords.com

La-La Land Records, Capitol Records and Paramount Pictures proudly present the expanded and remastered 2-CD SET of acclaimed composer Hans Zimmer’s (THELMA & LOUISE, SHERLOCK HOLMES, INCEPTION, THE DARK KNIGHT RISES) original score to the 1989 culture-clash cop/actioner BLACK RAIN, starring Michael Douglas, Andy Garcia and Ken Takakura, and directed by Ridley Scott. Zimmer’s pulse-pounding score would become a sonic blueprint for action film scoring throughout the 90’s and well into the present. Finally, as produced by Dan Goldwasser and mastered by Doug Schwartz, BLACK RAIN gets its much-deserved and expanded deluxe treatment, presenting Zimmer’s film score on Disc 1 and the original, remastered 1989 album presentation on Disc 2, along with bonus tracks and alternate cues that include the main title version of the opening song “I’ll Be Holdin’ On.” Tim Grieving’s exclusive, in-depth liners take you behind the film and its iconic score. This is a limited edition of 3000 Units.

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1

1. Sato Pt. 1/One-Way Glass (6:34)

2. Osaka/Phony Cops** (1:46)

3. You Gonna Be Nice?*/Sato Pt. 2§** (5:21)

4. Sato Watching/Circling Motorbikes (1:59)

5. Sugai’s Photo/Sato Pt. 3 (3:58)

6. Sato Pt. 4 (2:05)

7. Charlie Loses His Head§** (8:22)

8. Sequins (2:42)

9. Masa’s Reprimand§/Sugai Pt. 1 (5:33)

10. The Steel Mill (2:45)

11. Steel Mill Chase/Airplane/Escape§ (6:18)

12. Sugai Pt. 2 (8:50)

13. Arrival of Oyabuns/Sato’s Arrival/Meeting (7:55)

14. Bikes**/Fight**/Nick and Masa§** (9:29)

TOTAL DISC TIME: 74:09

DISC 2

ORIGINAL EMI ALBUM

1. Livin’ on the Edge of the Night – Iggy Pop (3:38)

2. The Way You Do the Things You Do – UB 40 (3:15)

3. Back to Life (Jam on the Groove Mix) – Soul II Soul (5:07)

4. Laserman – Ryuichi Sakamoto(4:48)

5. Singing in the Shower – Les Rita Mitsouko and Sparks (4:22)

6. I’ll Be Holding On – Gregg Allman (5:38)

BLACK RAIN SUITE

7. Sato (4:45)

8. Charlie Loses His Head§ (7:03)

9. Sugai (6:55)

10. Nick and Masa§ (2:52)

BONUS TRACKS

11. Airplane Muzak (source) – Shirley Walker (2:05)

12. Charlie Loses His Head Pt. 1 (alternate percussion) (2:32)

13. Charlie Loses His Head Pt. 2§

(alternate with koto and oboe) (2:47)

14. Masa’s Reprimand§ (alternate) (1:49)

15. Bikes / Fight (alternate) (3:18)

16. Bikes (percussion only) (1:35)

17. Charlie Loses His Head (monks wild) (2:12)

18. I’ll Be Holding On (main title version) – Gregg Allman (2:36)

TOTAL DISC TIME: 67:48

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 141:57

* not used in film

** contains material unused in film

§ contains instrumental melody of “I’ll Be Holding On”

Looper-Web.jpg

LOOPER: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1227

Music by Nathan Johnson

ORDER “LOOPER: LIMITED EDITION” starting Sept 25 at 1pm PST at www.lalalandrecords.com and get your CD autographed by composer Nathan Johnson. Autographs are while supplies last and are NOT guaranteed.

Cut Narrative and La-La Land Records present the original motion picture score to the critically acclaimed sci-fi motion picture LOOPER, starring Joseph Gordon-Leavitt, Bruce Willis and Emily Blunt, written and directed by Rain Johnson – in theaters September 28th, 2012 from Tri-Star Pictures and Film district. Composer Johnson (BRICK, BLUE STATE, THE BROTHERS BLOOM) crafts an inventive and riveting musical sounds cape, featuring a host of indecipherable instruments that seamlessly mesh with intertwining rhythms and textures to create a sonic tapestry that perfectly complements this wildly ingenious time travel Sci-Fi thriller in which a hetman, a “Loopier” played by Leavitt, is faced with the task of assassinating his future self, played by Willis. This Limited Edition CD release of 3000 units includes music that is NOT available on the digital download version.

TRACK LISTING:

1. A Body That Technically Does Not Exist (1:21)

2. A Day in the Life (1:10)

3. Closing Your Loop (2:56)

4. Seth’s Tale (2:54)

5. Run (2:49)

6. A Life in the Day (2:22)

7. Time Machine (2:40)

8. Hunting The Past (2:55)

9. Following the Loop (1:42)

10. Mining for Memories (1:54)

11. A New Scar (2:34)

12. Her Face (2:37)

13. City Sweep (0:46)

14. Revelations (5:12)

15. The Rainmaker (4:26)

16. La Belle Aurora (1:01)

17. Showdown (1:36)

18. The Path Was A Circle (4:51)

19. Everything Comes Around (2:41)

BONUS TRACKS

20. Withdrawals (0:32)

21. Closing Your Loop (Film mix) (2:32)

22. Hobo Attack (1:36)

23. Thirty-Two (1:24)

24. Run (Film mix) (3:04)

25. Comundications/City Sweep (Film mix) (1:23)

26. Theme From Looper (Solo piano version) (5:28)

TOTAL TIME: 64:29

MUR-Web.jpg

MY UNCLE RAFAEL: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1231

Music by Joey Newman and Chris Westlake

Limited Edition of 500 Units

ORDER “MY UNCLE RAFAEL: LIMITED EDITION” starting Sept 25 at 1pm PST at www.lalalandrecords.com and get your CD autographed by composers Joey Newman and Chris Westlake. Autographs are while supplies last and are NOT guaranteed.

Presenting the original motion picture soundtrack to the award-winning (Best Director/Best Screenplay/Breakthrough Performance 2011 ARPA International Film Festival) family comedy MY UNCLE RAFAEL, starring Vahik Pirhamzei, Anthony Clark, Missi Pyle and John Michael Higgins, directed by Marc Fusco – In theaters September 21st, 2012. For this charming indie comedy about a wise old, tell-it-like-it is Armenian uncle who is recruited by a reality show to “fix” a dysfunctional American family, composers Joey Newman (THE MIDDLE, LITTLE PEOPLE, BIG WORLD, THE SPACE BETWEEN, STEALING TIME) and Chris Westlake (TRANSIT, BROKEN KINGDOM) strike the perfect pitch between heart and laughs as they cleverly weave in traditional Armenian instruments (duduk, zurna and dhol) within the context of a contemporary comedy score. Produced by Joey Newman and mastered by Paul Grundman at Bernie Grundman Mastering, this limited edition of 500 units includes comments from the composers, writer, director and lead actor. Additionally, two great songs written for the film, “Keep It Move’n” performed by Moybrothaz and “Rafael” performed by Smith & Pyle (Shawnee Smith & Missi Pyle) are also featured.

TRACK LISTING

1. Main Title (1:54)

2. Hamo’s Coffee Shop (1:26)

3. Meet the Schumachers (0:48)

4. Talkin’ Reality Show (1:57)

5. Under The Sink (0:53)

6. Dysfunctional Family (1:53)

7. Scheming (2:10)

8. Chess Game (2:08)

9. Hamo’s Data Seduction (1:48)

10. Blair-Rafael Yoga (1:42)

11. Finding Mother (0:46)

12. Cody Meets Kim (1:02)

13. Unconditional Love (1:06)

14. A Challenge (2:34)

15. First Date (1:06)

16. Plan B (0:39)

17. The Color of Rafael (3:35)

18. The Wrath of Blair (0:51)

19. Father & Son (1:32)

20. Rafael’s Video Message (1:37)

21. All For Hamo (1:27)

22. Everybody Needs An Uncle (1:07)

23. Episode 2 Audition: The GodUncle (0:33)

24. Rafael (3:01)

– Performed by Smith & Pyle

25. Keep It Move’n (3:10)

– Performed by Moybrothaz

RUNNING TIME: 40:30

© 2012 La-La Land Records. All rights reserved.

Well I for one will be getting Breakdown and Bad Girls today along with Looper and Black Rain!

La-La Land Records will Always Love You!

Coming next Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 1 pm PST

THE BODYGUARD

Music by Alan Silvestri

LLLCD 1225

Limited Edition of 3500 units

Produced by Dan Goldwasser

Mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland

Liner Notes by Tim Greiving

Art Direction by Dan Goldwasser

La-La Land Records, Sony Music and Warner Bros are proud to announce the premiere release to Alan Silvestri’s score to the hit film THE BODYGUARD, starring Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston. Celebrating its 20th Anniversary, Alan Silvestri’s lush, exciting noir-ish score comes to life in this jam packed score-only soundtrack release featuring in depth liner notes by Tim Greiving featuring a new interview with director Mick Jackson and sultry art direction by Dan Goldwasser. One of my personal favorite releases of 2012! One of Silvestri’s greatest scores FINALLY on cd!

Next up:

TERRA NOVA (2 CD SET)

Music by Brian Tyler

LLLCD 1226

Limited Edition of 3000 units

Produced by Brian Tyler

Liner Notes by Brian Satterwhite

Brian Tyler’s exhilarating score to the short lived 20th Century Fox TV series gets a deluxe treatment “La-La Land style” in this 2 cd set! Liner note writer Brian Satterwhite takes the listener deep inside the dangerous jungles of television scoring with exclusive interviews with producer Brannon Braga and composer Brian Tyler. Huge, old fashioned orchestral music was recorded for this time traveling dinosaur series. . .great themes, exciting action cues and tender moments throughout.

The first 100 or so customers who purchase this soundtrack directly from www.lalalandrecords.com will receive an autographed booklet signed by the composer FREE OF CHARGE. Quantities are limited. You are NOT guaranteed a signed copy.

Last but not least we have, in my opinion, the best score to an animated series since BTAS!

THUNDERCATS (2 CD SET)

Music by Kevin Kleisch

LLLCD 1230

Produced by Kevin Kleisch and Dan Goldwasser

La-La Land Records and Warner Bros Animation are delighted to announce a 2 cd set to the 2011 version of THUNDERCATS. Filled with fantastic themes, composer Kevin Kleisch conjures up the kind of score that ranks right up there with some of the finest fantasy/sci-fi scores of the past 50 years. Kleisch hand- picked every musical moment for this special release. The 16 page booklet design by Dan Goldwasser features comments by the composer and the show’s creative forces as well as exclusive artwork found only on this soundtrack!

The first 100 or so customers who purchase this soundtrack directly from www.lalalandrecords.com will receive an autographed booklet signed by the composer FREE OF CHARGE. Quantities are limited. You are NOT guaranteed a signed copy.

All three cds go on sale TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2012 at 1 pm PST

Cover art, track listings and sound clips will be posted at that time

See you then!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/209915575806558

Definitely getting The Bodyguard. It's a very introspective score, with some lovely themes, and a few cues that nearly burst into action mode.

There's a somewhat distorted sounding boot - I assume they have combined some of the shorter cues (and more importantly, haven't omitted anything).

Tyler's Terra Nova didn't make even the slightest impression on me during the show. I'm sure there are some nice highlights, but 2 CDs of it? Don't think so.

These are all up for sale now, and the new SALE is in effect

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS

NEW RELEASES: Tues, 1pm (PST) Oct 9, 2012

Available for order at www.lalalandrecords.com

Tues, 1pm (PST), Oct 9, 2012

LA-LA LAND 10TH ANNIVERSARY SALE!

To celebrate our 10th year, we will be offering a different group of titles at a great sale price of $10 each on every new release day from now until the end of 2012!

Right now -- we are offering great prices on some fantastic TV series scores!

THE OUTER LIMITS (3-CD SET)

THE LONE GUNMEN / HARSH REALM

HUMAN TARGET (3-CD SET)

THE CAPE (2-CD SET)

THE RAT PATROL (less than 200 remain!)

at a special sale price of only $10 each! Sale good thru 10/22 Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

THE BODYGUARD: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1225

Music by Alan Silvestri

Limited Edition of 3500 Units

STARTS SHIPPING OCT 9th

ORDER “THE BODYGUARD: LIMITED EDITION” starting Oct 9th at 1pm PST at www.lalalandrecords.com

La-La Land Records, Sony Music and Warner Bros. proudly present the world premiere release of acclaimed composer Alan Silvestri’s (BACK TO THE FUTURE TRILOGY, PREDATOR, ERASER, THE POLAR EXPRESS) original orchestral score to the 1992 blockbuster motion picture THE BODYGUARD, starring Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston, and directed by Mick Jackson. Silvestri’s lush, noir-tinged score is one of his very best and what better way to celebrate the film’s 20th Anniversary then to give this sumptuous music the deluxe release it has always deserved! Produced by Dan Goldwasser and mastered by James Nelson, this special release is limited to 3500 Units and contains exclusive liner notes by writer Tim Greiving that include new comments from the director and the composer.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Theme from The Bodyguard (2:44)

2. Watch and See/Meet Rachel*/Fletcher**/Can I Help You? (3:40)

3. Weirdo/Someone Was In Here (1:17)

4. Frank Unpacks* (1:24)

5. Followed/On the Job (3:08)

6. Just Dinner (1:02)

7. Walkman/Another One (3:20)

8. Not There (1:27)

9. Only If You Want To/I Know Why/Got You/The Glove/The Locker (3:06)

10. Be Careful**/I Don’t Approve*/The Sword (4:14)

11. Silly Job (0:54)

12. Well, Well, Well/Overlay (1:44)

13. What Are You Doing?/Where Is She?/I’m Through (3:24)

14. Snow/I Understand Now/Just One** (5:23)

15. How About That (3:14)

16. It Doesn’t Matter/Where’s Fletcher? (3:09)

17. Tell Me About It (4:20)

18. The Stairs/It’s Not Your Fault/Do You Mind? (3:01)

19. Relax a Little (1:32)

20. This is the Night/Coming Thrill/Portman/Please Welcome (3:00)

21. The Winner Is/Where’s Portman? (1:58)

22. Lunatic (3:15)

23. My Bodyguard/How’s It Going? (2:26)

Total Score Time: 62:50

BONUS TRACKS

24. Theme from The Bodyguard (film mix) (2:44)

25. Meet Rachel (alternate) (0:49)

26. The Winner Is (alternate) (1:41)

27. It Doesn’t Matter (alternate) (1:32)

28. How’s It Going? (alternate) (1:21)

29. Party Piano (source) (2:28)

30. Theme from The Bodyguard (album alternate) (3:52)

Total Bonus Time: 14:35

Total Album Time: 77:25

* Not Used in Film

** Contains Material Not Used in Film

TERRA NOVA: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) LLLCD 1226

Music by Brian Tyler

STARTS SHIPPING OCT 9th

ORDER “TERRA NOVA: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)” starting Oct 9th at 1pm PST at www.lalalandrecords.com and get your CD autographed by composer Brian Tyler. Autographs are while supplies last and are NOT guaranteed.

La-La Land Records and 20th Century Fox presents composer Brian Tyler’s (FAST FIVE, BUBBA HO-TEP, THE EXPENDABLES 1&2, BATTLE LOS ANGELES) robust, adventurous orchestral score to the 2011 FOX television series TERRA NOVA, starring Jason O’Mara, Shelly Conn and Stephen Lang. Composer Tyler deftly supports this ambitious, dinosaur-peppered time-travel/sci-fi series with a sweeping, thematic score that has it all – from big action thrills to tender, heartwarming moments. Produced by Brian Tyler and mastered by James Nelson, this special 2-CD SET is limited to 3000 units and features in depth liner notes by film music writer Brian Satterwhite, which include comments from the composer and producer Brannon Braga.

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1

1. Terra Nova 2:55

2. Cycles of Time 4:38

3. One Last Hope for Humanity 3:20

4. Banishment 2:19

5. This Valley 2:38

6. The Moon 1:28

7. You Let Her Leave With Him 2:37

8. Sky’s Mother 1:28

9. The Portal 3:43

10. Someone Wants to Talk With You 2:31

11. More Than a Memory 4:53

12. Patrols 1:57

13. The Plan 5:19

14. Flying Over Terra Nova 2:02

15. I’m Heading Outside the Gates 4:02

16. What Were You Really Doing? 5:33

17. All I Needed to Know 6:25

18. The Investigation of Outpost 9 5:04

19. There Are Millions of Them 3:23

20. Last Known Location 3:54

21. You’re My Son 1:37

22. We Brought Back Two 1:55

23. Promises 2:24

Total Disc Time: 76:48

DISC 2

1. Magical Journey 3:02

2. Entering the Vortex 2:50

3. Memorial Field 2:02

4. Base Camp 2:58

5. Rebirth 3:05

6. Remember That Handle 6:09

7. New Earth 1:11

8. Sixers Intel 2:39

9. Take the Shot 2:00

10. Memory’s Echo 2:48

11. Into the Beyond 2:13

12. Save Your Spot 3:10

13. Figuring Out What Happened 1:12

14. Take a Look Around 2:11

15. I Want to Declare My Intentions 3:44

16. There She Goes 1:36

17. I Sure Hope You Are Right 2:29

18. Preparing for Battle 2:59

19. This Is Lea Marcos 1:46

20. They’re In Charge 1:23

21. Opportunity 1:34

22. Prehistory 3:39

23. Shooting Stars 0:49

Total Disc Time: 58:10

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 134:58

THUNDERCATS (2011) (2CD-SET) LLLCD 1230

Music by Kevin Kliesch

STARTS SHIPPING OCT 9th

ORDER “THUNDERCATS (2011) (2-CD SET)” starting Oct 9th at 1pm PST at www.lalalandrecords.com and get your CD autographed by composer Kevin Kliesch. Autographs are while supplies last and are NOT guaranteed.

La-La Land Records and Warner Bros. Animation proudly present the original soundtrack to the acclaimed 2011 animated series THUNDERCATS. Composer Kevin Kliesch unleashes a phenomenal, powerful score that propels this imaginative reboot of the famed 80’s animated series to astounding emotional heights. Simply put, this is amazing thematic music that ranks with the best television and feature film sci-fi/fantasy scores of the past several decades. Composer Kliesch has hand-picked the best musical moments from the show, guaranteeing a sensational musical experience. Produced by Kliesch and Dan Goldwasser, and mastered by James Nelson, this 2-CD SET is packed with must-have music for any THUNDERCATS fans or film/TV music enthusiasts. CD Booklet features exclusive art and contains comments from the composer and the show’s creative forces.

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1

1. ThunderCats Main Theme* 0:12

2. The Sword of Omens 4:58

3. Ancient Spirits of Evil 10:28

4. Ramlak Rising 9:11

5. Song of the Petalars 6:01

6. Old Friends 8:21

7. Journey to the Tower of Omens 6:47

8. Legacy 4:24

9. The Duelist and the Drifter 5:37

10. Berbils 3:13

11. Sight Beyond Sight 4:46

Total Disc Time: 64:18

DISC 2

1. The Forest of Magi Oar 1:28

2. Into the Astral Plane 1:21

3. Between Brothers 6:52

4. New Alliances 3:45

5. Trials of Lion-O, Part 1 2:52

6. Native Son 6:03

7. Survival of the Fittest 1:30

8. Curse of Ratilla 3:23

9. Birth of the Blades 2:56

10. The Forever Bag 2:02

11. Recipe for Disaster 3:01

12. The Soul Sever 2:30

13. What Lies Above, Part 1 5:39

14. What Lies Above, Part 2 6:31

Total Disc Time: 50:18

*composed by Jules Bass and Bernard Hoffer

Total Album Time: 114:36

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/BodyGuard.html

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/TerraNova.html

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/Thundercats.html

From LLL facebook:

Now that we are winding down the year I thought I would give you all a heads up on our remaining schedule for 2012

Oct 23 -- we only have 1 Limited edition title coming out on this date. I'll let you know what it is on Tuesday

Nov 6 - we had hoped to have a very cool title come out this day, but we are still waiting for final artwork approval to happen. We'll see.

In the meantime, we definitely will have an awesome smaller title come on this day

Nov 23 -- Black Friday -- You all know Trek is supposed to be out, but we also have 3 other titles to announce this day as well. smile.gif

Dec 18 - A last minute entry? It's looking like we will have a release to a big film coming out just in time for the film's release. Stay Tuned

Our offices will then be closed Dec 24 to Jan 4 for the holiday season. We will reopen on Jan 7, 2013.

We plan to have our first batch of titles for 2013 come out on Jan 15, 2013 at 1 pm pst

We'll see how it all goes. lol

What film comes out in december close to the 18th?