The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Yea, me neither. I really have no experience with all those old shows.

Fans seem to clamor for Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Rawhide, Hawaii Five-O (which seems to be coming from Intrada?), Mannix, Kojak...

It's been posting by label people multiple times the tapes for ST:TAS are completely gone.

Finally got my Krull discs. Magnificent stuff. I can't help but to think that the LSO brass players must have been completely out of breath for weeks after those recording sessions. :D

UPDATE

Night of the Creeps - 5 copies left

Gunfight at the OK Corral - 10 copies left

Transformers Age of Extinction - 10 copies left

The Blue Max - 10 copies left

Gunfight at the OK Corral - GONE

Transformers Age of Extinction - GONE

The Blue Max - GONE

Golden Age Tiomkin sold out! :)

2,000 copies - SOLD!

The "right" Golden Age CDs will sell out!

Well, we have a classic Golden Oldie coming in August and a HUGE project forever in the works coming in September (most likely). Let' hope they sell as well as Gunfight. :)

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=111057&forumID=1&archive=0

Question regarding Searching for Bobby Fischer: does anyone know where the unused cues "Trip to Chicago" and "The Castle" should be located in a chronological order?

My thoughts are the same as last month: "Nothing looks interesting except for Justice League: Gods and Monsters." And if they push that back another month, I may feel the same way about October ;)

I think most of my "catalog" wants now are just expansions of Elfman and Williams scores. Most of my other wants have been covered.

I'm unfamiliar with The Last Boyscout, but like plenty of other Kamen; Looking forward to hearing the samples.

We are still waiting on a number of titles to get the final sign off on. Some of you have noticed that our catalog numbers are all over the place. That's due to some titles (a few that were supposed to come out in 2014) taking some time to be signed off on for one reason or another.

LLLCD 1331 - waiting on actor approval of image (a pet project of mine)

LLLCD 1333 - waiting on studio approval (Golden Age Classic)

LLLCD 1335 - waiting on production company approval (even though we have the record label and studio singed off on this one). Missed the anniversary last year. Very frustrating.

LLLCD 1350 - waiting on actor/director/producer approval, then studio and record company approval. MEGA HUGE IMPORTANT RELEASE!!!!!

LLLCD 1353 - waiting on studio approval (JW release)

So, we have thousands and thousands of dollars tied up with these projects and have no product to show for them yet. It's the part of this biz that can nearly break one's spirit, but we keep on truckin'.

Update on this:

AI is 1353 and Bobby is 1355

Millennium Vol 2 is 1352

Still waiting on

:(

MV

Another update:

1331 is Last Boy Scout

1333 will hopefully be out in September

1349 is Invasion cd version

In october we will be releasing our first vinyl -- Invasion of the body snatchers featuring original artwork created exclusively for the LP release on a single eerie green 180 gram vinyl. More info and pics to follow shortly

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=111130&forumID=1&archive=0

So the pet project was Last Boyscout; Invasion of the Body Snatchers is not the Golden Age Classic that's been delayed since last year, and the "missed the anniversay" and "mega huge important release" titles are still not approved / announced.

So far, LLL is the label that's shown Kamen the most amount of love with their Die Hard releases and the Lethal Weapon box, followed by Intrada. Glad to see that MV was able to secure the rights from Watertower Records to release his pet project

• 3 weeks later...

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS

NEW RELEASES: Tues, 12 Noon (PST) August 25, 2015

NEW RELEASES: Tues, 12pm (PST) AUGUST 25, 2015

Available for order at www.lalalandrecords.com

Tues, 12pm (PST) AUGUST 25, 2015

“THE LAST BOY SCOUT: LIMITED EDITION”

Music by Michael Kamen

Limited Edition of 3000 Units

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

STARTS SHIPPING AUGUST 25, 2015

“HITMAN: AGENT 47”

Music by Marco Beltrami

RETAIL PRICE: $15.98

STARTS SHIPPING AUGUST 28, 2015

“SHANE BLACK’S CHRISTMAS IN AUGUST SPECIAL!” Purchase Michael Kamen’s score to the Shane Black-penned THE LAST BOY SCOUT and get another great score to a Shane Black Yuletide-set thriller, John Ottman’s KISS KISS BANG BANG for FREE! Simply enter “BLACK CHRISTMAS” in the “comments” section of your online order at checkout and we’ll include it in your order for free with no additional shipping charge. NOTE: You must purchase at least one copy of THE LAST BOY SCOUT on your order to take advantage of this offer. Offer good thru 9/7. Only atwww.lalalandrecords.com

DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE SPECIAL! To celebrate our release ofTHE LAST BOY SCOUT, we are offering another dynamite Bruce Willis-starring Michael Kamen score , DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE (2-CD SET) at a killer sale price of only $19.98 each. Sale price is good thru 9/7. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

THE LAST BOY SCOUT: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1331

Music by Michael Kamen

Limited Edition of 3000 Units

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

STARTS SHIPPING AUGUST 25th

ORDER “THE LAST BOY SCOUT: LIMITED EDITION” atwww.lalalandrecords.com on AUGUST 25 starting at 12noon (PST).

lastboyscout-Web.jpgLa-La Land Records and Warner Bros. present the world premiere release of renowned composer Michael Kamen’s (BRAZIL, LETHAL WEAPON, DIE HARD, THE IRON GIANT) original motion picture score to the 1991 Warner Bros. action/thriller THE LAST BOY SCOUT, starring Bruce Willis, Damon Wayans and Danielle Harris and directed by Tony Scott. Composer Kamen reunites with producer Joel Silver to deliver another expertly-pitched score that bolsters and unifies the varied components of this unique Shane Black-penned gumshoe action/thriller/mystery, which has now achieved bonafide cult status. Noir-ish suspense, black comedy, violent action – Kamen’s score handles it all with aplomb, even as it cuts against the action/blockbuster grain with its soulful and understated motifs. Produced by Neil S. Bulk and mastered by Stephen Marsh, this limited edition release of 3000 units also contains Bonus Tracks, as well as the rousing faux-primetime-network-football anthem featured in the film, “Friday Night’s a Great Night for Football,” performed by Bill Medley. Exclusive, in-depth liner notes from writer Jeff Bond and attractive art-direction from Dan Goldwasser drive this must-have release into the end zone!

TRACK LISTING:

1. Titles 0:47

2. Death on the Gridiron 4:57

3. Meeting Joe the Dick 3:07

4. Closet Reveal 3:36

5. Who Did This?/After the Explosion 1:19

6. Flashback No. 1 1:26

7. Lerve 1:14

8. Cory Dies/Gun Battle 2:53

9. Police Station/Flashback Again 2:10

10. Jimmy and Joe in Garage 2:25

11. Jimmy’s Flashback/Bathroom 1:55

12. Jimmy’s Narrow Escape 3:43

13. Shake Your Hand/This Ain’t No Game 1:10

14. Life Sucks 2:06

15. Jimmy Does Cocaine/Jimmy Off Bridge 4:31

16. Joe Gets Zapped 2:30

17. Jimmy on the Phone 1:16

18. Joe in the Woods 3:49

19. Darian to the Rescue/Car Chase 4:16

20. BMW Chase 4:15

21. Eye for an Eye 1:29

22. Shelly’s Office 4:41

23. Joe to the Rescue/Escape/Stadium/Irish Washerwoman (Jig) 6:42

24. Fuck You, Sarah 3:13

25. “Friday Night’s a Great Night for Football” 3:30

perf. Bill Medley

BONUS TRACKS

26. Titles (alternate) 0:52

27. Bathroom (extended) 2:13

28. End Credits (unused) 2:02

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 78:10

HITMAN: AGENT 47 LLLCD 1363

Music by Marco Beltrami

RETAIL PRICE: $15.98

STARTS SHIPPING AUGUST 28th

ORDER “HITMAN: AGENT 47” at www.lalalandrecords.com on AUGUST 25 starting at 12noon (PST)

hitmanagent47-Web.jpgLa-La Land Records, 20th Century Fox and Fox Music present the original motion picture score to the all-new feature film action-thriller HITMAN: AGENT 47, starring Rupert Friend and Zachary Qunito, and directed by Aleksander Bach. Acclaimed composer Marco Beltrami (FANTASTIC FOUR, WARM BODIES,3:10 TO YUMA, SCREAM) unleashes a propulsive orchestral action score that perfectly compliments all the non-stop thrills and double-crossing espionage served up by this breathtaking new film based on the worldwide-smash game series. Produced by Marco Beltrami and Buck Sanders and mastered by Erick Labson, this dynamic score is a powerful listen that takes Agent 47 to a whole new level of intensity. Art design is by Dan Goldwasser.

TRACK LISTING:

1. The Agent Program 4:48

2. Car Chat 1:06

3. Katia’s Theme 1:20

4. Point Blank 1:56

5. Flashbacks 1:48

6. 47 Knocks 2:35

7. Night Swimming 1:05

8. Tube Tumble 4:13

9. The Powers of an Agent 2:03

10. Towel Talk 2:05

11. Sharp Dressed Manhunt 3:04

12. Sensing Father 3:32

13. Same As Me, Only Better 5:33

14. Botanical Gardens 4:26

15. Garage Escape 3:09

16. Sharp Questions 1:24

17. Harpooned 3:45

18. Look Out For the Choppa 3:41

19. Aftermath 3:41

20. Camera Shy 2:13

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 57:28

© 2015 La-La Land Records. All Rights Reserved.

http://secure.campaigner.com/Campaigner/Public/t.show?8nq8i--4t8df-ag4f6q6&_v=2

Sounds like you're right Corellian2019

Just a quick note

This is not the complete score...it's nearly complete though. I think there is about 3 minutes missing...it could not be located

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=111465&forumID=1&archive=0

Ah. Well, it's not my favorite Kamen score, but it's still a bummer for the sake of completion; the music for that scene (and the similar "Shelly's Office" cue) stood out to me for some reason.

I wonder if they searched the film stems as well; that should be second nature among the labels by now

September is gonna be pretty slim at the triple L. We might have something out on September 22 but nothing on September 8.
We'll let you folks know
MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=111130&forumID=1&archive=0

I don't think there was any notification regarding low quantities. It's not among the ones listed in their official website anyway. So, I guess, you're safe for now.

Karol

I'll never understand this paranoia towards the labels running out of albums. You want it, you can get it from SAE or MovieMusic or any other label store that sells other labels' product like Intrada. Or you man up and buy it now.

La-La Land Records is having a special sale:

ONE WEEK ONLY!: BUY TWO GET ONE FREE SPECTACULAR! STARTS 9/8 at 12noon (PST). For every two CDs you purchase online at lalalandrecord.com, get another CD of your choice absolutely FREE!

Buy_2_Get_1_Free.jpg

We won't even charge you additional shipping for the free CD! Here's how you do it -- you must purchase at least two CDs.(This includes multi-disc andbox sets as well). Then, at checkout, enter the title of the FREE CD you want in the "comments" section of your order. Your free CD must be equal to, or less than, the price of the lowest cost CD you purchased.

For instance, if you purchased one CD that was $24.98 and another that was $15.98, the free CD you choose must be priced on our site as $15.98 or LESS. And this applies to EVERY PAIR of CDs you purchase, so with every 2 CDs you buy, you get to choose another free soundtrack and enter it into the "comments" section (again, each free selection must be equal to, or less than, the price of the lowest cost CD in that purchased pair).

This offer is good thru 9/14 and applies only to CDs that are currently in stock.

• 2 weeks later...

There is nothing coming out in September

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/photos/a.181243738754.155532.56031953754/10153725096463755/

Just a few days left on the sale.

There is nothing coming out this month, but October is gonna be great!

MV

PS You Golden Age fans now gotta wait until November for that giant release we have coming up...I hope. Lol

2 releases on the 6th and 3 on the 20th? ;)

Bingo!

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=111699&forumID=1&archive=0

We already know what 3 of the 5 are: Lost in Space, Flash Season 1, and Arrow Season 3. I wonder what the other 2 titles are?

GOING OUT OF PRINT SALE at lalalandrecords.com!

The following titles are going out-of-print for good on 10/16! Starting at 12noon (PST) on 9/22 get these titles for the amazing price of only $2.98 EACH! (Sale lasts until 11:59pm (PST) 10/15 or while supplies last)

LawsOfAttractionMid.jpgseed_chuckyWEbMid.jpgUndeadWeb.jpgdogs_master_Web.jpgbgk_fcWeb.jpgLeverageCoverWeb.jpgConfession-Web.jpglegion_coverWeb.jpgArmored-Soundtrack-Cover-300dpi.jpgDOOLCoverWeb.jpgnate_and_hayes.jpg

LAWS OF ATTRACTION, SEED OF CHUCKY, UNDEAD, THE DOG'S MASTER, BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHT, LEVERAGE, CONFESSION, LEGION, ARMORED, DAYS OF OUR LIVES (2-CD SET ) and NATE AND HAYES

Get 'em at a great price before they're gone! Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

monstersquad-web.jpgMONSTER SQUAD SCREENING EVENT! Join La-La Land as they release a new re-issue of Bruce Broughton's glorious MONSTER SQUAD score just in time for a spectacular MONSTER SQUAD screening event, hosted by Creature Features, and co-sponsored by La-La Land, at the historic THE THEATER AT ACE HOTEL in downtown Los Angeles on Sun 10/11 at 1pm. If you haven't seen a film at this legendary venue, this is the perfect opportunity to see this beloved film in a breathtakingly beautiful movie palace! Cast and crew, including composer Bruce Broughton, will be present to celebrate the film and La-La Land will be there with copies of our new MONSTER SQUAD score release, meticulously edited and mastered by Mike Matessino from newly-discovered 1/4'' elements. The CD presents the restored film version of the score and also features alternate cues, source music and the premiere release of the film's songs "Rock Until You Drop" and "Monster Squad Rap" Get you tickets now at https://www.acehotel.com/calendar/losangeles/creature-features-present-monster-squad

Our new MONSTER SQUAD release will also be available for purchase on our website starting Tues 10/6.

There was a CD soundtrack that came with one of the DVD sets, but unfortunately much of the actual music from the show is absent. I'd like to hear the suspense music that shows up sometimes.

I've had the Days of Our Lives CD since LLL first released it. It's not bad.