The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

3 minutes ago, nightscape94 said:

Since Williams scored the first three films I don't see them skipping around on the releases, especially  since HP1 is probably just as, if not more, coveted by the mainstream fans

Yup. HP1 will sell the most too. Regardless of what is or isn't available on line. 

I'd buy all 8 in a heartbeat although hopefully there'll be a few month between releases. 

Even the Hooper ones? :P

Keep in mind that the last mention of this was 3 YEARS ago, and it was 'close enough to taste'. At this point I think there have been major to delays to the point of being scrapped.

Then again, Ferris Bueller took like 5 years to be released and it turned out great. So maybe I'm being pessimistic.

Apparently there's tonnes of legal Nd red tape and stuff. 

WBs probably just decided to hold off on releasing them as they knew they'd have a new film to promote .

Back in 2013 the labels that were working on the Star Trek expanded scores had to delay their releases because Paramount didn't want anything to compete with "into Darkness" (which is ludicrous line of thinking, but that's a huge studio for you).  If LLL was able to get a HP license, its possible that WB wouldn't want them to put it out this Nov/Dec.  Even though that is, of course, completely counter-intuitive (it would actually be the smart thing to do!)

It seems from reading various FSM threads that the Oct titles are

Oct 11 - Arrow: Season 4, Miss Peregrine, Johnny Quest

Oct 25 - X-Files Volume 3

Arrow: Season 4 info:

October 11

Signed by Blake

:)

Johnny Quest info:

Coming October 11 from La La Land Records. 2 cd set co-produced by Lukas Kendall and Taylor White, notes by Bond and Burlingame and art by Mr. Sikoryak. 

We are truly honored to have this be Joe's swan song in the soundtrack biz. I know how personal this project was to him.

MV

That leaves 2 remaining dates for the year, BTW

Nov 8

and

Nov 29 - the Black Friday batch

And we know Star Trek: 50th Anniversary Collection is one of the Black Friday titles, and a Wonder Woman boxset is hoped to be done by November, as well as Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders coming soon.  There's also been hints of The X-Files Season 10 episodes, and of course a John Williams title was said to be coming out this year.

Star Trek: Voyager Volume 1 is announced as a January 2017 title.

Yea, I think that's the only title left that MV has posted publicly about that still hasn't come out.  I wonder if its been canceled :(

There's also the title MV has mentioned multiple times that they planned to have out in 2014 for the film's anniversary, but that still hasn't happened.

4 hours ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

They won't start with 3. It'll be PS (15tg anniversary this year too) and work their way through them. How far they get is another thing but Potter will sell anyway.

Their first Star Trek was number 5...

More Johnny Quest info

This dream come true release for many folks over the age of 40 is our 400th release (officially LLLCD 1400)

It's 3000 units and will set you back $24.98

It really REALLY kicks major booty. Such amazing music and a stellar booklet (and yes, the giant eyeball spider is in the artwork)

MV

It's that nail biting time of year again where Matt and I wait anxiously for final artwork approvals to come in on our big "Black Friday" releases...a tub of Tums and a bottle of Cold Duck are always on hand.
TWO of those approvals came in recently, so a collective sigh of relief can be heard at the triple L this week. As to how many more will make the final cut, only time will tell.
I will say this -- these two releases are considered HOLY GRAILS by some. We are honored to be releasing these fantastic soundtracks!

From their FB. Everyone make their guesses now!

God damned artwork approvals.

Seems to be the #1 cause of delays for most releases.

I think we can do a little better then FSM, where the discussion is already a completely unsubstantiated list of everyone's grails.

MV has stated that Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves is Intrada territory - LLL can't get that one.

And supposedly, Intrada hasn't been able to make a release happen because of crazy rights issues surrounding the Bryan Adams song.  Supposedly that kind of stuff is why we don't have definitive Highlander or Twister releases either.

I have no idea what LLL is releasing this year so i could speculate too, but they didn't really provide clues except to say that they are definitely someone's grails... which kind of could mean anything, but also probably means they are older stuff, and film scores, so not another set of DCAU stuff, I'd think.  MV has also said they lost money on all the Golden Age stuff they tried to do, so its probably 2 scores from the 70s-90s.  What films are left from those decades that haven't been expanded yet, from a studio LLL works with?  ... I have no idea.

I'm sure some titles sold better than others, but I think he meant when you put all Golden Age titles together, they overall lost money

2 hours ago, Skelly said:

One release they mentioned a few months back was a release of John Du Prez's score to the 1990 TMNT movie. It might be too soon for that though.

THIS IS WHAT WE WANT! 

The OST is on my iPod and I bought this album just for 9.95.

MV, pending the sign-offs, potentially how many releases do you envisage to release for Black Friday (29 Nov)?

It could be as many as 6...as few as 2. We won't know until first week of Nov

We'll be making updates via Facebook

MV

• 3 weeks later...

1335 was a 10th anniversary score...now most likely a 15th anniversary score! lol

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=117068&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=15&r=365

That sounds like it might be Harry Potter 1 to me! It came out in 2001.

I'm quite happy with the idea of s properly mastered CD set of HP1 with no material beyond the RS leak. New artwork and some quality sleeve notes. 

That for all 8 films would be great! Obviously PoA is the essential.

23 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

I really wish someone would have the brains to just release the HP films in a complete form. It's not rocket science and anything with the HP logo will sell. FFS!

The films were released in complete forms between 2001 and 2011. You should check them out. ;)

Anyway, yeah. I think it'll happen.

Karol

13 hours ago, Skelly said:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=117068&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=15&r=365

That sounds like it might be Harry Potter 1 to me! It came out in 2001.

Ha, just discovered from that thread you linked to that there's a longtime member Disco Stu at the FSM boards.  I am not him!

I'm obviously not the first Stuart to think of using the Simpsons character as my internet alias, but it's kinda funny that there's two of us on two different film score enthusiast boards.

On 10/25/2016 at 7:38 PM, Jay said:

Except Titanic didn't come out in 2004.

I don't follow these clues! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go watch Titanic in letterbox on my 4:3 Sony Trinitron from the 1998 Godzilla movie.

I can tell you with 100% authority that a Batman 1966 box set or even a single disc edition of the series is not happening now or for the foreseeable future. We really tried to make it happen for the 50th Anniversary this year but sadly it didn't. However, on November 8th, we are going to be re-releasing the soundtrack to the 1966 feature film. This version will include brand new liner notes by our resident La-La Land Bat-expert John Takis and Bat-tastic new artwork by Jim Titus. All other contents will be the same as our previous release.

It seemed fitting to reissue that classic soundtrack for the 50th Anniversary since we will also be releasing the brand new soundtrack to the animated feature film Batman Return of the Caped Crusaders starring Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar. That too comes out next Tuesday November 8th

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&threadID=101294

So now we know what the November 8th titles are.  

And as for the Black Friday (Announced Friday Nov 25 / up for sale Tuesday Nov 29) titles, MV posted this:

The final approval just came in on one more of our BLACK FRIDAY titles. It's the best birthday present any guy could ask for! This is a huge project and I can't wait to announce it in 28 days!

For those keeping score, that's 3 down...2 more to go.

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10154783882798755

I wonder what happened to the sixth title...