The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

New LaLaLand titles for March 9th.

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=66707&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=1&r=537#bottom

Mornin', y'all!

Just wanted to give you a heads up on two new LIMITED EDITION TITLES coming your way next TUESDAY, MARCH 9 at NOON PST:

They are...

SPEECHLESS - making its worldwide debut is Marc Shaiman's charming score to the Michael Keaton/Geena Davis romantic comedy. This old fashioned score is a throwback to the golden age of romantic score comedies.

Limited Edition of 1200 units

Produced by Ford Thaxton

Mastered by James Nelson

Liner Notes by Randall Larson

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS - Miles Goodman's fantastic never-before-released score to the Michael Caine/Steve Martin comedy. Jazzy, fun and playful... a must for any film score fan!

Produced by Ford Thaxton

Mastered by James Nelson

Liner Notes by Randall Larson

As always, sound clips, track listings and artwork will be posted next Tuesday! See you then!

MV

I do know Dirty Rotten Scoundrels has been on a few people's wish list.

Unless MV is just joking, it looks like we can expect a Williams release from LaLaLand this year!

As he just said on FSM...

Now if Mr. Williams tweets about anything...

Family Plot I'm sure is likely. However with their Sony deal, I wonder if Hook is a possibility? (I think Hook is owned by Sony, yes?)

Edit: Yup, Hook is indeed on Sony! Of course, that's just my speculation, but it would be interesting and I could definitely see them being the label to release Hook.

I am fairly certain that Hook is their big November 30th release.

I don't know why you would tie it to that date, but I don't doubt Hook could be coming.

Unless MV is just joking, it looks like we can expect a Williams release from LaLaLand this year!

Family Plot I'm sure is likely. However with their Sony deal, I wonder if Hook is a possibility? (I think Hook is owned by Sony, yes?)

Edit: Yup, Hook is indeed on Sony! Of course, that's just my speculation, but it would be interesting and I could definitely see them being the label to release Hook.

Now that *is* intriguing.

Off the top of my mind (not counting the SW prequels), Hook and Reivers (in the same series as the old Blue Max) are the only Williams releases on Sony I can think of. What else is there?

I wouldn't get too exited about Hook, it's day will come for sure but I don't think it'll be so soon. Also there's a difference between owning something and having the license. I'm guessing Sony has the license but either Universal or Spielberg (doubt it's him though) own the music.

Now that *is* intriguing.

Off the top of my mind (not counting the SW prequels), Hook and Reivers (in the same series as the old Blue Max) are the only Williams releases on Sony I can think of. What else is there?

you mean albums labels?

Stepmom, Rosewood, Memoirs of a Geisha

Isn't CBS Records (HOME ALONE 1!) now owned by Sony?

A lot of talk regarding Alan Silvestri's Eraser. I saw the film in the theater, and can't remember a frame of it. Was Silvestri's score especially good, or is it more desirable because it's a hole in the collection?

I think Family Plot is FSM's. At least one of the workers at FSM mentioned that FP was "coming soon."

This year keeps getting better and better!

What if he's refering to another Mr. Williams twitting (or however you write that)?? ;)

For some reason I always thought Hook was from Universal but I was wrong, it's from Tri-Star, so yeah Sony may own the music, although it could also be owned by Amblin. That improves things, as long as Mr. Williams is not too involved in the release (sad but true). I still think it's too early, and therefore expensive, to be Hook.

A lot of talk regarding Alan Silvestri's Eraser. I saw the film in the theater, and can't remember a frame of it. Was Silvestri's score especially good, or is it more desirable because it's a hole in the collection?

There was a score release, it's pretty good and I enjoy it. But he's done much better work for other films.

I will say that just because a film is under a certain studio doesn't means that only a certain label can release the score.

LaLaLand could have a Williams title from Universal as well. If MV Gerhard was being serious and not joking just to stir the pot.

The person who dropped the possible hint about FP works for SAE, who distributes FSM's discs.

;)

Do you know if it was including Black Sunday? If so, those could account for FSM's Family Plot and La-La Land's Williams title.

Tin Tin comes out in 2011.

Here's what we know about La La Land's 2010 releases so far:

Officially announced:

Tuesday Jan 5

Trevor Jones - Nate & Hayes (3000 units)

Various Artists - Caddyshack (3500 units)

John Murphy - Armored

Tuesday Jan 12

Joseph LoDuca - Leverage

John Frizzel - Legend

Tuesday Feb 9

Shirley Walker - The Flash (3000 units)

Ryan Shore - Confession (1000 units)

Tuesday Feb 23

D. Brent Nelson and Ken Corday - Days Of Our Lives (2CD)

Christopher Young - Love Happens

Bear McCreary - Battlestar Galactica: The Plan/Razor

Tuesday Mar 9

Marc Shaiman - Speechless (1200 units)

Miles Goodman - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (1200 units)

Unofficially announced:

Alan Silvestri - Eraser (3000 units, will be in Mar 23 batch along with another limited edition title)

Christopher Drake - Wonder Woman (MV: "Still in the artwork approval stage [...] hopefully April 6th batch.")

David Arnold - Independence Day (2CD, 5000 units) (Likely April 20th)

Mark Snow - The X-Files (4CD set) (likely July 20th - MV: "Debuting at Comic Con July 2010, along with some other cool cds. smile.gif")

Rachel Portman - Jim Henson's The Storyteller / Greek Myths (tentatively scheduled for August 24)

and...

I already know that this year our planned major MAJOR release dates are 3/23, 4/20, 5/4, 7/20 and 11/30. And we are going to try to stick to those dates as best as we can. But in the interim we will have several other great releases coming out as well.
[Answering a question about Space: Above and Beyond] We hope to some day. I have the entire series just sitting here. lol [...] Ms Walker's masters. smile.gif Along with Batman: TAS and some Superman.
[Responding to a question about Beverly Hills Cop and Fletch] Yes, we are seeing if it is possible, but right now it is not officially on our schedule for this year or next. I hope to, some day, release BHC I/II, Fletch, Fletch Lives, Kuffs and Top Gun. I would not rule it out, but don't expect to see them any time soon.

I have to believe at least one of their releases this year will be either Elfman's Batman or perhaps Goldenthal's Batman and Robin.

MV has said that both Batman and Batman & Robin were on LLL's radar, but neither would happen anytime soon. He said that probably halfway through last year. It's two releases I'd love to see though.

LaLaLand hinted at an upcoming Williams release on the FSM board! No hints or anything though, but something's in the pipeline :)

No, that's when we're going to be in Fort Worth for the Williams concert. Well, rehearsal for us.

You wanna bring your laptop and see if we can get a connection in the hotel, Mark? :)

Rachel Portman - Jim Henson's The Storyteller / Greek Myths (tentatively scheduled for August 24)

:) I had no idea this was in the works! What awesome news!

This CD is years in the making. The first time I read about this release was in 2004.

I want a signed copy as well. Can any one tell me that in what time LLL allow us to place order? It's GMT+8 in Hong Kong. I want to know when should I wait in front of my computer.

I want a signed copy as well. Can any one tell me that in what time LLL allow us to place order? It's GMT+8 in Hong Kong. I want to know when should I wait in front of my computer.

Did you read the ID-4 thread? There is no set date yet, despite them just now wrapping up the project. All though I suspect it will be released on 4/20 (maybe 5/4 but doubt it). MV said he'll announce it a week before it's release and they generally go up for sale at 12pm PST (Pacific Standard Time) the following week.

Did you read the ID-4 thread? There is no set date yet, despite them just now wrapping up the project. All though I suspect it will be released on 4/20 (maybe 5/4 but doubt it). MV said he'll announce it a week before it's release and they generally go up for sale at 12pm PST (Pacific Standard Time) the following week.

I did. I was not asking the release date. I just want to know the exact time. I don't want to miss it just because I was not in front of the computer (i.e., sleeping or working) when thay starting allow people to order it. It's a very important score to me.

I did. I was not asking the release date. I just want to know the exact time. I don't want to miss it just because I was not in front of the computer (i.e., sleeping or working) when thay starting allow people to order it. It's a very important score to me.

Oh gotcha, I misunderstood then, my apologizes. ;)

Thanks for the information. 12 pm PST is GMT-8 and Hong Kong is GMT+8. Which means when they starting allow people to place order, it will be 16:00 (4p.m.) in Hong Kong. I will be in office with a computer. Hope I could get a signed copy.

I'd also very much like to get ID4 signed. Considering that we're not paying any more for it it seems less of a gimmick.

Tough chance, Arnold will probably sign no more than 100 copies and considering the fact how hard many of us are waiting for this one to come out, I suppose the signed copies will be gone in 3 minutes - if the server won't crash sooner. ;):)

La-La Land has posted this on the Film Score Monthly message board:

Just wanted to give y'all a heads up on our releases coming out this Tuesday:

Speechless has been delayed until later in the month.

Instead, we will be releasing Alan Silvestri's score to DUTCH

Retail Price: $19.98

Produced by MV Gerhard

Mastered by James Nelson

Liner Notes by Al Kaplan

See you then!

MV

Not familiar with the film, but yay for more Alan Silvestri! Bring on The Abyss!

It would be nice if The Abyss got a complete release. There's some nice material missing and I'd love to have the complete version of "Sub Battle".

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1127

Music by Miles Goodman

Limited Edition of 1200 Units

NOW SHIPPING

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

ORDER "DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS: LIMITED EDITION" March 9th at www.lalalandrecords.com

Presenting the world premiere release of acclaimed composer Miles Goodman's (HOUSESITTER, WHAT ABOUT BOB?, THE MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL, LA BAMBA) score to the beloved 1988 feature film DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS, starring Michael Caine, Steve Martin and Glenne Headly and directed by Frank Oz. Goodman's classy, rollicking and jazzy orchestral score propels this delightful comic farce about two con-men who compete for the affections, and bank account, of their lovely female mark. Produced by Ford A. Thaxton and mastered by James Nelson, this CD features exclusive liner notes by Randall Larson and is a Limited Edition of 1200 Units.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Prologue/Dirty Rotten Theme (3:06)

2. Zurich / Ciao (2:23)

3. Pick Yourself Up (J. Kern, D. Fields) (2:22)

4. What A Guy/Lady Fanny (1:33)

5. Putting On The Ritz (Irving Berlin) (3:01)

6. Ruprecht Tango (1:15)

7. We're In The Money (A. Dubin, H. Warren) (2:52)

8. The Bet/Dirty Rotten Rolls* (1:27)

9. The Cure/Protector Of The Veldt* (1:38)

10. Le Donna E Mobile (1:20)

11. Out Of Control* (1:14)

12. From Here To Infirmity (1:40)

13. C'est Vrai*/Soap Queen* (2:02)

14. Maneuvers (1:15)

15. Miracle Of Life (1:42)

16. Janet Airport/Auf Weiderzen (3:24)

17. Coup De Grace/The Jackal (2:49)

18. End Credits (3:40)

*- not used in final film

Total Time: 39:30

DUTCH

DUTCH: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1117

Music by Alan Silvestri

Limited Edition of 1200 Units

NOW SHIPPING

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

ORDER "DUTCH: LIMITED EDITION" March 9th at www.lalalandrecords.com

Presenting the world premiere release of acclaimed composer Alan Silvestri's (BACK TO THE FUTURE TRILLOGY, PREDATOR, FORREST GUMP, CONTACT) score to the 1991 motion picture DUTCH, starring Ed O'Neill, Ethan Embry and JoBeth Williams, written and produced by John Huhges and directed by Peter Faiman. Silvestri's beautiful, heartwarming orchestral score buoys this comedic drama about an unlikely stepfather-and-son-type-bond that develops during a cross-country road trip between a spoiled, angry rich kid and his mother's blue-collar suitor. Produced by MV Gerhard and mastered by James Nelson, DUTCH is a Limited Edition of 1200 Units that features exclusive liner notes by Al Kaplan.

TRACK LISTING

1. Main Title (1:53)

2. Party (5:40)

3. Brandenburg Concerto (2:08)

4. Trouble On The Home Front (1:08)

5. Campus Choir (Alt) (1:16)

6. Dad! (0:18)

7. Fireworks (Unused) (3:05)

8. Doyle Abandoned (2:16)

9. Doyle Steals/Doyle's Alive (2:02)

10. Knockout Punch (2:04)

11. Be Pathetic (1:38)