The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

I'll just copy what I posted at FSM in regards to the same subject.

When I receive my CDs I read the liner notes and covers and more than likely that will be the only time I glance at them.

My eyesight has gotten worse with each birthday. :) So it's not much fun trying to read small print. While I expect a product to be done professionally, I'm not going to quibble over a few errors on track listings and liner notes. When it comes to CDs, it's the music that I'm most interested in. I've reached a point where I have so many CDs that it's impossible for me to remember each track title. So errors will be overlooked and forgotten.

Wow. Ordered Tuesday, and they're in my hands two days later. Now that's FAST. Still waiting on my Goonies from Varese from a few weeks ago. :lol:

Looks like there will be a JW release sometime this year!

From the FSM board:

There is an interesting interview of MV from Lalaland records on the french site www.underscores.fr (http://www.underscores.fr/index.php/2010/03/interview-mv-gerhard-au-coeur-de-la-la-land-vf/) and there is also some interesting booklets pictures of the label including this one :

id4.jpg

Looks like this release is closer than we think:)[/endquote]

Extract from the interview :

-What to expect from La-La Land in 2010 ?

MV : a lot of of great scores will be released this year ,from Jerry Goldsmith, Michael Kamen, Danny Elfman, Les Baxter and John Williams and other marvelous composers.

I'm all over that, but I wonder if that is truly the cover, and not one of their "archival edition" modifications of the original cover art.

Wow cool Wojo thanks!

That article was a good read!

I liked this quote: "Besides more Batman, I would love to see Leonard Rosenman’s The Car come out some day. A complete Independence Day would be awesome as well as a complete Spartacus. I have a feeling we will be seeing all three this year." :lol:

The Archival Edition releases are only for their Warner Brothers stuff

Ah, gotcha. I'm actually not a fan of the slightly modified cover art thing. I think a each edition release deserves a fresh new look.

I've said a bunch of times that I think it's HOOK on November 30th

I could live with that. :lol:

id4.jpg

Gimmie gimmie gimmie.

John Williams is God.

I knew it!

Honestly right now I'm hoping for Dracula above pretty much anything else Williams. I can toast my feet with Hook for a bit longer.

I think the Williams release could be Hook or The Witches Of Eastwick. I wouldn't be surprised if the Goldsmith was either Gremlins or Explorers.

I had mentioned recently that youtube had taken down some videos that had Rosenman's score toThe Car.

Also excited to see Michael Kamen's name up there. Perhaps the rest of his Lethal Weapon scores or maybe Robin Hood will releases under the Warner Archives.

:lol: I hardly ever do either!

I love the first track.... and then the rest just all blends together

The Robin Hood CD reminds me of the original release of TPM at times, alot of cues combined together. But there is some fantastic music unreleased and I think a fleshed out version would be ideal.

It's been AGES since I've seen the movie. I'll have to pay attention when I re-watch it (want to see it before the new Ridley Scott one)

Perhaps the Ridley Scott version will renew some interest in the older versions, making a marketing opportunity for such a release from LLL.

I dunno if LLL cares about that. You'd think they'd release ID4 around July 4th, but they're releasing it in April.

Then again, they are waiting for comic con to release X-Files. So who knows!

I actually do like the ID-4 cover. It looks better than the OST one. Actually I do wish they had gone with the teaser poster art where it shows the alien mothership going towards Earth. That's the one I like the best of all the poster artwork.

Naa, I prefer the OST cover. Dare I say it but the LLL one looks fanmade. The image looks like it's been cropped down from a frame of the film and the text doesn't blend in at all for me.

Music will be great though :lol:

Yea I could care less what the cover is, I just want to hear the film version end battle CRANKED on my system as soon as possible :lol:

The thing I do like about that shot of the White House blast on the cover is it is indicative of the orchestral power of the score contained within.

Cover art is irrelevant. I'm going to tag the files as I see fit for the tiny iPod screen to show, and hopefully never need to touch the CD again. My albums are all strewn around my room anyways that one collective place to admire them doesn't exist.

I love cover art. Man, part of the fun collecting soundtracks is the trippy artwork that graces the covers. I still love going to the used record store and just browsing the old LP covers. I use Apple TV/iTunes as my media center, and it displays cover art pretty large on my TV so cover art is still pretty important to me.

Cover art is irrelevant. I'm going to tag the files as I see fit for the tiny iPod screen to show, and hopefully never need to touch the CD again. My albums are all strewn around my room anyways that one collective place to admire them doesn't exist.

Lemme clarify. I meant that whatever the studio wants to use to grace the cover of the album is up to them, and if I don't like it, I'll use something else. If it's great, that's great, but if it's something I don't like, I'll replace it. That's what I meant by "irrelevant." I see several discussions at FSM where some weirdos bemoan the selection of cover art by specific studios or labels, which is silly.

I don't like putting anything onto my iPod without cover art, because I don't like the gray boxes staring at me. That's one of two reasons I haven't just dumped my entire music collection wholesale into my iPod, the other being messed up tags. I've tried to stick with 600x600, or sometimes 300x300 if that's all I could find, yet sometimes the drifting closeups at the top menu look pretty grainy. As it stands, about 1 gig of my iPod space is cover art and I'm only at 25% full...

Also excited to see Michael Kamen's name up there. Perhaps the rest of his Lethal Weapon scores or maybe Robin Hood will releases under the Warner Archives.

I would rather it was From the Earth to the Moon, but it ain't gonna happen.

As for the Williams, I would be happy with Hook.

Yay, ID4... bought!

By the way, "Hook" would have to be like 3 CDs or so, right?

If it was the complete score plus alternates yes.

But I think that the complete score with the most significant alternates could fit in two 79 min CDs.

Has there ever been a 3CD set of any score issued? (in a limited sense)

Tadlow's El Cid

Intrada's The Black Stallion

And of course, The Fellowship of the Ring CR and The Two Towers CR

Williams's Goodbye, Mr. Chips is 3-disc, also.

Jason, what led you to believe we'll be getting Hook come November 30th? I hope it's true--I'd eat that up with a spoon.

I hope it's true--I'd eat that up with a spoon.

If the moon was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it?

I know I sure would. Heck, I'd ask for seconds. And then I'd polish it off with a nice tall Budweiser.