The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Of course not, JW picks a critical cue and immediately forbids its release.

He loves clearing out the good stuff that sticks in your mind, and leaving in the boring filler.

Naturally, if the good stuff sticks in your mind, you don't need it on album. It stays with you forever, so all you need is the less memorable material on the CD to jog your memory.

La La Land will be releasing 2 CDs to general retail on June 15th:

Friday Night Lights (TV) by W.G. Snuffy Walden (link)

And the soundtrack to Caddyshack, which was already released as a limited edition (3500 units) in January. Guess they've had a hard time pushing copies. (link)

Caddyshack is a smart one to send to general retail. It may not command the attention of score lovers, but it has instant name recognition to the general public.

3 score tracks (Johnny Mandel)

1. Kenny Loggins - I’m Alright (Theme From “CADDYSHACK”) (3:35)

2. Kenny Loggins - Lead The Way (4:32)

3. Kenny Loggins - Make The Move (3:45)

4. Kenny Loggins - Mr. Night (3:21)

5. Journey - Any Way You Want It (3:09)

6. The Beat - There She Goes (2:41)

7. Johnny Mandel - Divine Intervention (1:46)

8. Johnny Mandel - Marina (3:21)

9. Hilly Michaels - Something On Your Mind (2:42)

10. Johnny Mandel - The Big Bang (2:03)

I have Journey's Greatest Hits (live and studio) and Departure albums, as well as the Time anthology. I have all the "Any Way You Want It" you could want.

It works great in the movie, but I've grown to actually hate that song.

SPEECHLESS: LIMITED EDITION

SPEECHLESS: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1126

Music by Marc Shaiman

Limited Edition of 1200 Units

NOW SHIPPING

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

ORDER "SPEECHLESS: LIMITED EDITION" April 7 at www.lalalandrecords.com and get your CD autographed by composer Marc Shaiman at no additional charge. Autographs are while supplies last and are not guaranteed.

Presenting the world premiere release of acclaimed composer Marc Shaiman's (THE ADDAMS FAMILY, CITY SLICKERS, HAIRSPRAY, A FEW GOOD MEN) score to the 1994 politically-themed romantic comedy feature film SPEECHLESS, starring Michael Keaton, Geena Davis and Christopher Reeve, directed by Ron Underwood (TREMORS, HEART AND SOULS, CITY SLICKERS). Mr. Shaiman's wondrous orchestral score buoys all the film's romance while also finding the excitement within the movie's campaigning backdrop. Produced by Ford A. Thaxton and mastered from MGM ¼ inch vault elements by James Nelson, SPEECHLESS is a limited edition of 1200 units and features in-depth liner notes by Randall D. Larson.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Prelude/Nytol (5:09)

2. Our First Fight/Set A Date/Rally (1:58)

3. In Action (2:29)

4. Chuck & Eddie Payoff/Debater Be Good (1:20)

5. Mass Debater/Post/Cologne Again (3:01)

6. Kevin Freaks (3:47)

7. Sign Language/Walking To The Fountain (4:01)

8. Fountain Of Feet/Julia Gets An Idea (2:37)

9. Mazel Tov!/In The Closet (3:14)

10. C&E Ya See Timmy/Julia Drops Kevin/This Is A Job For Superman/Ask Me Why (4:12)

11. Secret Hand Holding/Debate Escape (2:05)

12. Language Of Love/Wake The Dead/Kevin Wakes Alone (4:47)

13. Proctor Bribe/Annette Is Fired/Fight At The O.K Corral (2:23)

14. Kevin Blows It/The Truth Hurts/Big Finish (4:58)

TOTAL TIME: 46:33

WONDER WOMAN: LIMITED EDITION

WONDER WOMAN: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1115

Music by Christopher Drake

Limited Edition of 1200 Units

NOW SHIPPING

ORDER "WONDER WOMAN: LIMITED EDITION" April 7th at www.lalalandrecords.com and get your CD autographed by composer Christopher Drake at no additional charge. Autographs are while supplies last and are not guaranteed.

Presenting the original motion picture score to the DC UNIVERSE animated original movie WONDER WOMAN, starring the vocal talents of Keri Russell, Nathan Fillion, Alfred Molina and Rosario Dawson. Acclaimed composer Christopher Drake (SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES, BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHT, HELLBOY ANIMATED: BLOOD AND IRON) honors the beloved, iconic title character with a robust, full-throttle music score that embodies all the film's action, thrills and drama. Produced by Christopher Drake and MV Gerhard, and mastered by James Nelson, this special release is limited to 1200 units and features exclusive liner notes by Dan Goldwasser.

TRACK LISTING:

1. The Battle/Origins (8:52)

2. Sparring (:40)

3. Ares Imprisoned (1:27)

4. Dog Fight Pt. I (1:46)

5. Dog Fight Pt. II (1:56)

6. Crash Landing (1:04)

7. Manhunt (1:59)

8. Let The Games Begin (1:21)

9. Persephone's Betrayal (1:07)

10. Bracelets And Arrows (3:40)

11. Computer Room (:47)

12. Alley Thugs (1:26)

13. Deimos (2:57)

14. At The Gates Of Tartarus (4:29)

15. Cept Hemo Laudus (1:00)

16. Hades (3:34)

17. Ospedale And Ares Rally (1:09)

18. DC Battle (6:13)

19. Ares' End (2:55)

20. She Misses Him (:59)

21. A New Nemesis (:37)

22. Wonder Woman

End Titles (3:03)

Total Running Time: 53:47

BATMAN: THE MOVIE (1966): LIMITED EDITION

BATMAN: THE MOVIE (1966): LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1130

Music by Nelson Riddle

Limited Edition of 2000 Units

NOW SHIPPING

ORDER "BATMAN: THE MOVIE (1966): LIMITED EDITION" April 7th at www.lalalandrecords.com

Holy Re-mastered Re-issue! Presenting Nelson Riddle's original motion picture score to the 1966 Twentieth Century Fox feature film BATMAN: THE MOVIE, starring Adam West, Burt Ward, Lee Meriwether, Cesar Romero and Burgess Meredith, and directed by Leslie H. Martinson. Mr. Riddle's propulsive jazzy score exemplifies the classic 60's incarnation of the beloved Batman icon and is the perfect compliment to the film's campy excitement. Produced by Nick Redman and Mike "BAT"essino and edited and mastered by Mike "BAT"essino, this release of Nelson Riddle's BATMAN score boasts much-improved sound quality, includes a never-before-released cue "Bruce And Kitka", and features the bonus premiere track "Submarine Battle," in which "BAT"essino cut together tracks to re-create the score to the submarine climax as heard in the film. CD Booklet features exclusive liner notes by Brian "BAT"terwhite and Bat-tastic photos! Limited Edition of 2000 Units.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Acknowledgment/Main Title (2:31)

2. Batmobile To Airport (2:01)

3. A Good Job (2:22)

4. Roger Wilco (2:45)

5. Just Ring/Yo Ho, Sir/Let's Find Out (2:21)

6. Tricky Buoy (3:24)

7. Torpedoes (2:35)

8. Holy Polaris (1:01)

9. Kitka (1:13)

10. Dark Eyes (Source) (0:21)

11. Plaisir D'amour (Source) (1:25)

12. Bruce And Kitka* (0:44)

13. Shades Of Smolensic (3:20)

14. Jet Umbrellas (1:50)

15. Filthy Criminals (1:34)

16. Chamber 17 (1:14)

17. Credulous Creatures/Fine Finkish Friends (2:19)

18. Dehydrated (1:36)

19. Stand Clear (2:10)

20. Flee For Your Life (2:38)

21. False Feathers/Swallow This Pill (3:19)

22. My Very Paradise (2:06)

23. The Grotto/A Stitch In Time (3:09)

24. Emergency Operation (2:55)

25. Small Craft (3:30)

26. Attack (3:23)

27. Take It In Tow (0:56)

28. Vials (4:23)

29. End Title (1:10)

Bonus Tracks:

30. "Again" (2:05)

31. Submarine Battle(Edited Music)* (4:37)

32. Batman Theme (0:46)

* Previously Unreleased

Total Time: 72:13

None of those take my fancy, but I feel Independence Day is on the horizon. I also just received Eraser and I really like it - action scores just aren't written like this anymore!

Independence Day should be in La La Land's next batch, announced April 13th and available for sale April 20th. Unless there's some kind of holdup with signed copies or something

I hope the Williams is not Witches of Eastwick. I'd still buy it but it would just be a shelf filler. The DVD isolated score (which everybody who would buy this has) ,sounds fine .

I don't really care if it's a true legit official release, it's music we already have in decent sound quality.Were not talking about rear channel garbage here.

It sounds more than fine, my friend, as it is mixed in 5.1

Independence Day should be in Intrada's next batch, announced April 13th and available for sale April 20th. Unless there's some kind of holdup with signed copies or something

Intrada or LLL?

I haven't watched ID4 in forever....is the film version better than the alternate?

I haven't watched ID4 in forever....is the film version better than the alternate?

The film versions of "The Virus" and "The Day We Fight Back" are among the best cues in the whole score!! I can't WAIT to hear them without sound effects finally after all these years!

Yea, I hope the sound quality is excellent. I still think LLL's Godzilla score sounds a little flat, maybe there was nothing they could do about it.

Yea, I hope the sound quality is excellent. I still think LLL's Godzilla score sounds a little flat, maybe there was nothing they could do about it.

Then you probably never heard the short promo boot for Godzilla. I think LLL's Godzilla sounds awesome and when comparing the boot for ID-4 to Godzilla, you can tell there's a major difference. I can't wait to hear the clarity LLL will give ID-4.

Just a little FYI, but those of you who missed out on Godzilla might wanna keep your eyes on the secondary market in the coming months.

For Godzilla' 50th Anniversary in 2004, Toho began releasing box sets of all the scores to his films. There are 6 boxes in the series and the final one is due in April. There is a bonus disc and it's the 2 disc set that is identical to the LaLaLand release of David Arnold's score.

So while I can't guarantee it, there might be a possibility of some Godzilla fans unloading their LaLaLand discs once they get their box sets.

MV has delayed the X-Files set to this fall; It's no longer coming out on July 20th.

Also he more or less confirmed that ID4 is coming out April 20th. It will be paired with a 3,000 unit release for which he gave no hints. Here is the full quote:

Hey guys,

Thank you for all these wonderful suggestions. With all this new material to sift through, plus tracking down some rouge episodes that the The Cigarette Smoking Man has hidden in some vault we have decided to delay the release of this box set by a few months. At this time there is no way I can finish this set off and do it justice in order to release it in time for Comic Con. That said, we still have some ultra cool projects coming at ya in July to premiere at Comic Con.

So, that means a few things:

1. Expect a Fall release

2. Expect an in town signing/release party for this somewhere with Mark Snow (and hopefully some surprise guests)

3. That this puppy is gonna be the knockout release you fans have been craving.

Also, May will be a light month for LLL (two releases). Both Matt and I will be taking some time off (we will be closed for the week of Memorial Day). He has some traveling to do and I have limited edition of my own coming -- little Ivy Quinn Gerhard.

We are processing and shipping out all the orders from this week. Please be patient with the PO. It's tax time and the post office is crazy!

We'll be back on the boards on 4/20 with our next batch of releases. As I specified months before, it's a big one! This time, there will be no hints or pre-announcements when these two limited editions arrive. One will be autographed (first 100), the other will not. One is 3000 units and the other is 5000 units.

See y'all back here and on our website 4/20/10 at Noon PST.

MV

Well that practically confirms ID-4. MV did state when the info about the score was leaked it would be 5,000 copies and the first 50-100 copies autographed by Mr. Arnold.

That sucks that they're not going to announce what the other title will be on Tuesday along with ID-4, ah well.

Yea its unusual for them not to do a pre-announcement.

The 3,000 unit release could be anything!

It seems very un-like them to not pre-announce. Especially since it seems like if not for David Arnold's twitter, ID4 wouldn't have been pre-announced either. Makes it a bummer for people who would really like an autographed copy, or have to manage their money closely, etc.

It seems very un-like them to not pre-announce. Especially since it seems like if not for David Arnold's twitter, ID4 wouldn't have been pre-announced either. Makes it a bummer for people who would really like an autographed copy, or have to manage their money closely, etc.

Oh I think that if David Arnold hadn't spilled the beans MV would have given a little teaser.

I agree if Mr. Arnold hadn't spilled the beans on his Twitter account there would be an announcement for it tomorrow.

I am a bit surprised though they won't do an announcement for the 3,000 unit.

Yes, April 20th.

Trent is saying MV usually does a pre-announcement the week before, which would be tomorrow