The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

I interpreted MV's posting to simply mean he won't be posting in advance the prices and # of discs of each BF title, that's all.  They are clearly still releasing emails the night before new releases that reveal the price and full track lists, and Black Friday titles never had clues or anything like that anyway.

More from Mike on the topic:

I do have to wonder if that is also the same reasoning behind why Intrada no longer drops hints and clues, but rather just says "such and such a title is coming on this date".

That's what I was alluding to re: change in operations. With various delays so common now maybe it just makes sense not to say too much these days.

Yes, the changes that have happened on the approval and manufacturing fronts are such that it is making very little sense to keep, let alone publicly post, a hard schedule.

Of course the BF titles will still be announced on Black Friday (Nov 29) via Facebook.  Why would anybody think otherwise?

Then the email will come out late Monday night Dec 2nd, before they go up for sale Tuesday Dec 3rd at 12:00 PST.

Why are people so confused about all this?

Thank you for clearing this up, Jay! Someone suggested earlier there would be no Facebook posts either, hence my question and confusion: I thought I'd have to refresh their website on the day they went on sale and suddenly find out how much I would have to pay.

On a side note, nobody is forcing labels to read forums like these. I don't think anyone ever actually meant to irritate them either. It's just fans debating stuff they love.

8 hours ago, Holko said:

Here, more info for ya

Reveal hidden contents

Mike Matessino... so this is the one of The Nine that's coming before Bride of Frankenstein?

The Nine Matessino masters... To match the Nine Ringwraiths....

number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine number nine

Given the changing market conditions and issues they're facing with manufacturing, it's a credit to their team that they keep backing up each year and pushing ahead. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us.

It's a little strange to be at October without an 'unexpected' Williams expansion all year (Superman was a delayed 2018 release and Monsignor was hinted at) when there's so many potential titles given the 20CF situation, the 2 potential Sony titles which survived, and all the unfulfilled anniversaries for Spielberg collabs. 

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Does anyone recognise that waveform? :)

MV added further via Facebook I had a blast today listening to this stuff... brought back some good memories of my childhood.

This could mean something from the late 70's to mid 80's... 

On 9/23/2019 at 12:14 PM, Holko said:

I've actually wondered this past week how often the heads of these small labels make decisions like "I haven't seen this film/series and don't care to, and I hate what I heard of this score - but this window is open now, there will be people happy for it and at least we'll have something coming out that month."

6 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Also, what happened to no hints or teasing Black Friday releases?

MV mentioned about it on FSM. Basically about folks ruining the fun etc. But I think the real issue is the unpredictable delays in projects where cd production delays from the plants have been hampering their schedule. So they want to be as conservative as possible. MV was also quite vocal on FSM about his disappointment on this issue. So it's probably that. 

Also Intrada's Roger Feigelson has stopped doing Intrada clues  and now they are just announcing their titles directly which is kinda old fashioned. 

I liked what Varese did with their Club release announcement. The clues were fun. 

9 minutes ago, Amer said:

MV mentioned about it on FSM. Basically about folks ruining the fun etc.

That's what I'm referring to.  He said no hints/teases because everyone ruins the fun..... then posts a tease on Facebook.