The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Or just... don't buy the inferior versions and get something else?

1 minute ago, bollemanneke said:

If it doesn't happen, I'll have to buy the 2012 edition or the OST, neither of which deserve to be on my shelf, so they'd better deliver or no amount of clapping will bring them back from where I will send them.

On 11/20/2019 at 3:23 AM, bollemanneke said:

It doesn't deserve to stand next to the HP box set because it's just not that good.

Sounds like you sort them alphabetically?  Why not just do it by release date?  I do it that way on my shelves but the only issue is the JW set.  Wished they would have done this set like the HP set with a slip case to house the separate jewel cases.  

1 hour ago, ATXHusker said:

Sounds like you sort them alphabetically?  Why not just do it by release date?  I do it that way on my shelves but the only issue is the JW set.  Wished they would have done this set like the HP set with a slip case to house the separate jewel cases.  

Just grouo all the series together like I do! ;)

5 hours ago, ATXHusker said:

The real problems in life.:lol:

That would be cool. So it is likely to be Stargate, Darkman, The Swarm...some Williams perhaps...and...?

In all honesty, while not exactly earth-shattering, the first three titles already make up a really neat BF batch. :) 

Karol

Stargate is a fantastic score, will definitely pick that up (I missed ID4, sadly). Wish Arnold got the chance to write another score like that, he'd be fantastic for Star Wars one day.

I know nothing about The Swarm so curious to hear some clips.

1 minute ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

THE SWARM currently resides at #7 in my all-time JG top-ten.

4 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

The Swarm will never rarely be listed among Goldsmith's greatest scores, but it is a heckuva lot of fun.  It would be very worthy of a Black Friday release and I'd buy it immediately.

My revised statement ;) 

On 7/24/2019 at 1:55 PM, Jay said:

No Bond until later next year (hopefully) ...the new film is the top priority now for all involved.

MV

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=67395&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=44&r=448#bottom

Interesting that DAD and TWINE snuck out in between SPECTRE and Bond25 and we have to wait for Bond25 hoopla to be over now before the catalog releases continue

I’m not as excited about this as other years. Braveheart, Jurassic Park/The Lost World, Titanic, Harry Potter.

It was an amazing run. I honestly can’t think of any realistic release that would sit alongside those for me. 

Hopefully they’ll have a release that will make people happy though!

5 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

I’m not as excited about this as other years. Braveheart, Jurassic Park/The Lost World, Titanic, Harry Potter.

It was an amazing run. I honestly can’t think of any realistic release that would sit alongside those for me. 

Hopefully they’ll have a release that will make people happy though!

Maybe something by Blake Neely! ;)