The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Do you get two copies of the booklet? One autographed, and one normal?

You get the same shrinkwrapped CD everyone else does. Then you also get a second, signed booklet.

Dead serious. Never made a Limited Edition purchase before...

Oh well.

You can only get autographed copies if you order directly from the label's website.

But only if you can access it...

Even though my aim completely missed the mark, that was still quite a rush.

I have to go recover now. <_<

It's crazy their site went down anyways for a few moments.

Have any of you heard the sound clips? I noticed there's unused music in "First Sighting / AWAC Attack"! I had always wondered if "First Sighting" was edited in the film.

It was pretty intense. I got to the site at 3:00, but it wasn't updated with the new titles. Then it went back to the Please Wait screen. Then I got it at like 3:03 or 3:04. Added Poseidon Adventure to the cart, then it went to an Error screen, then got back, added ID4, and quickly ordered them.

Somehow I suspect that the customers from the US could make it to the autographed copy more easily than us EU guys ... <_< Probably due to geographic distance between California and EU, 'cause I still couldn't load the LLL's page after many of you guys have already ordered successfully ...

If for some reason your order did not give you the discount if you purchased both cds I will be going through each order manually and changing it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

MV

Well, I'm #23599. Guess I was lucky there. The site was so messed up though that I didn't check out Poseidon properly, so that the $5 discount didn't apply... And they've already taken the money out of my account. Does anyone know whether there's a way to get that money back? Strange promotion practices...

paleo, you missed Jay's quote from MV. He said that he will go through each order manually and apply the $5 off.

Oh great, thanks a lot. Missed that indeed. Guess I will get a reimbursement then. Almost wrote an email ;-)

Ordered both releases. Never wanted an autograph so missing it was not a big deal. The music is what counts. I am happy for those who got it though. <_<

23707, and I was right in there at the start, wtf. Oh well, wasn't relying on it, gonna enjoy the heck out of the CDs anyway. Congrats to those that got in under the wire.

Bolding is mine:

Now that I have a moment to catch my breath:

1. We fixed the sale price issue. It's working fine now. For those who ordered in the first hour I am manually going in and adjusting the sale price.

2. If you had something in your cart that was on sale like Green Lantern and such and the price jumped back up rest assured, I will honor the former sales price for today only.

3. As for the site -- it over loaded again. We had increased bandwidth, but there was still an enormous amount of folks who logged in. Sorry about that. We'll just have to increase it even more next time.

4. The autographs flew out of here faster than an UFO.

5. No one will be charged on their order until ID4 comes in. I hope that will be sooner than the 27th. I will keep you posted.

Thanks to all who ordered.

Should you have any issues with your orders please email me at: info@lalaland-ent.com

I will answer each and everyone within the next 24 hours. Please be patient.

MV

davros who is that in your avatar?

It's the new bird from Dr Who, I think.

Indeed. Miss Karen Gillan as Amy Pond from Doctor Who. I heart her lots. <_<

I picked up both along with Dutch. The Poseidon Adventure is definitely a great surprise--totally out of left field. I missed out on FSM, and the samples and its reputation along with the sale offer were enough to sell me on it.

I'm interviewing for a job on Thursday. If I get the job, and if there are still copies available, I'll probably buy this...if not, I don't think I want to spend my money on it right now. Got the Lost S5 soundtrack to worry about, y'know. ;)

I'm somewhat puzzled why anyone would release POSEIDON ADVENTURE again. The underscore is an extremely murky affair with rarely a tune in sight.

The best that could happen to that score is that Williams pulls himself together and records one of his concert pieces á la THEME FROM... But as he seems not too fond of this splendid phase in his career, i doubt it will happen.

That theme seems un-rerecordable to get the tone exactly right. so might as well get the original in the best sound quality

I think Varese and Silva re-recorded it and it sounds terrible

I'm interviewing for a job on Thursday. If I get the job, and if there are still copies available, I'll probably buy this...if not, I don't think I want to spend my money on it right now. Got the Lost S5 soundtrack to worry about, y'know. ;)

Good luck, Joe!

I'm somewhat puzzled why anyone would release POSEIDON ADVENTURE again. The underscore is an extremely murky affair with rarely a tune in sight.

The best that could happen to that score is that Williams pulls himself together and records one of his concert pieces á la THEME FROM... But as he seems not too fond of this splendid phase in his career, i doubt it will happen.

Yes, well, underscore is not necessarily meant to have "a tune", is it? Is is meant to communicate in musical terms what is happening on screen. Hands up all those who can find "a tune" in the underscore for "POTA", or "Alien", or "Total Recall"? (waits for half-an-hour). Thought not, though few would disagree that all three scores are masterpieces.

That theme seems un-rerecordable to get the tone exactly right. so might as well get the original in the best sound quality

I think Varese and Silva re-recorded it and it sounds terrible

Varese recorded the "Theme From..." and Silva recorded the "Main Title". IMO, the Silva version (on the "Disasters! Movie Music Album") is beter.

I got The Poseidon Adventure for the sake of completeness. If I can't stand it, I would consider unloading it for half price at very good condition, but probably only when I decide to sell all my worldly possessions, abandon my family, and become a nomadic hobo.

Yes, well, underscore is not necessarily meant to have "a tune", is it? Is is meant to communicate in musical terms what is happening on screen. Hands up all those who can find "a tune" in the underscore for "POTA", or "Alien", or "Total Recall"? (waits for half-an-hour). Thought not, though few would disagree that all three scores are masterpieces.

I can spell it plain for you to hear: it's functional dissonant stuff, desperately dependent on the movie it accompanies and nowhere near the league of what Goldsmith often could come up with in that department (and i do not listen to POTA, either).

I'll wish anyone spending his/her afternoons with this a happy time, but i guess most people would be more than satisfied with a good rendition of the theme in great sound.

I can spell it plain for you to hear: it's functional dissonant stuff, desperately dependent on the movie it accompanies and nowhere near the league of what Goldsmith often could come up with in that department (and i do not listen to POTA, either).

I'll wish anyone spending his/her afternoons with this a happy time, but i guess most people would be more than satisfied with a good rendition of the theme in great sound.

Well, I guess it's the old subjective fun time again because as far as I'm concerned it wipes the floor and knocks into submission anything that Goldsmith could do in that department and I love POTA.

I just fear this score goes way above the heads of most, especially those who need a tune to hang on to, ahh ...the theme chasers, I love 'em ;)

Oh and I'll certainly have many wonderful afternoons listening to this masterpiece, I almost feel pity for anyone that can't see beyond the main theme, a shame indeed.

Well May 4th is no longer one of the "big" release dates they have planned for the year. The two (!!) releases they would have released on that date will now come out June 15th.

Their next batch will come out May 11th and will also be two releases

Actually, no. Baby Gerhard plans put a slight damper on our original schedule. The May 4 release date is a no go. June 15 has those two releases scheduled now.

We have two smaller releases coming May 11.

MV

Yes, especially with Spartacus, which will probably cost some $, and Star Trek III on tap. Plus Poltergeist & Outland too. ;)

Plus it's kind of obvious Varese is going through Goldsmith's Universal catalog. So we can expect at least a few more to be released this year, I would imagine.

The List of Adrian Messenger & A Gathering of Eagles are two titles. I know there a few older Paramount and Fox titles as well.

Bolding is mine:

5. No one will be charged on their order until ID4 comes in. I hope that will be sooner than the 27th. I will keep you posted.

That's not true. I ordered ID4 directly from LaLaLand (hoping I might get an autographed copy) and 5 other CDs (incl. The Poseidon Adventure) from SAE and they have both already billed my MasterCard although both orders will only ship on or after April 27th. I'd rather they'd only billed my card on the day the order shipped ... :lol:

MV posted on FSM that they got all the orders for Poseidon in and they will ship them out ASAP. I THINK he also said if you ordered it with ID-4, your card shouldn't be charged until ID-4 ships.

The amount should drop off your account until it's finalized. Mine originally showed the debit pending, but now is gone so the discount can be applied, etc.

I don't think it is "dependent"; it accompanies the film effectively. I would rather listen to music that challenges me (POTA, "Alien", "Images", CE3K, "The Name Of The Rose", "Brainstorm", etc.), than listen to "wallpaper" music, but if that's what some people want to do, then who am I to stand in their way..?