Just now, Jay said:

"panicdemic" :lol:

Well, it certainly isn't a " pandemic"

13 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Rules are different now - a FYC has to contain film takes. Hence if an OST contains any alternate sections, they have to replace them for the FYC. The War Horse FYC for example, is full of film versions of cues - it was a revelation at the time.

I remember seeking out the FYC of THIN RED LINE, only to discover it was just the RCA release I already owned.😞

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If Potter isn't announced on Friday, I'm going to buy 30 bags of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Jelly Beans, go through them each assiduously picking out just the vomit flavored beans, and mail them to La

Not to mention that very significant milestone anniversary in 2021........   It's so obvious now!                          

Disc 1: left channel Disc 2: right channel Disc 3: OST   Mystery solved.

22 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Wow, that was fast! Wrong order, but fast. Now we're left with: Amistad - Hook - The Terminal - Catch Me If You Can - Always.

I'd be surprised if LLL didn't cover one of these in the next few months, maybe with a non-Spielberg title like Eiger Sanction (or is that Varese property?)

6 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I'd be surprised if LLL didn't cover one of these in the next few months, maybe with a non-Spielberg title like Eiger Sanction (or is that Varese property?)

Yes. surely, SURELY LLL can't ignore Hook's 30th anniversary next year?

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

The only Williams scores Varese ever has perpetuity rights to are The Cowboys, Stanley & Iris, and Presumed Innocent

Well hopefully someone's working on Eiger, whoever it is.

4 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Yes. surely, SURELY LLL can't ignore Hook's 30th anniversary next year?

I'm sure there's bigger factors at play but hopefully Mike can fix Hook eventually,.

Who knows whether anniversaries are a big factor these days. Not even The Reivers got a 50th anniversary release last year.

16 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Maybe they're waiting for 2022 to release Amistad's 25th anniversary?

Hah, I spent all of 2017 expecting a 20th anniversary release for Black Friday :P

When it didn't happen, I remember thinking how far away the 25th anniversary seemed... not so far now!

55 minutes ago, Chewy said:

No John Williams :( 

I didn't think they would have any for October since WOTW is coming out next week by Intrada.  I'm sure they have this all mapped out so they don't overlap each other and steal any thunder away from another label's release.  

Besides, they're saving up for BF! :)

LLL released the 19th Anniversary Edition of Spaceballs!

I'm pumped - finally a new F13 release!  Between this and War of the Worlds, it's gonna be a great October.  Probably the last nail in the "maybe buy" coffin of any potential VS Scream 3 release for me, though - at least for now.

New sale as well as some JW titles back in stock in bold.

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS
NEW RELEASES: Tues, 12 noon (PST) OCTOBER 6, 2020

New CD Releases available to order at www.lalalandrecords.com
Tues, 12 noon (PST) OCTOBER 6, 2020

“THE KARATE KID PART II: LIMITED EDITION
(REMASTERED & EXPANDED)”
Music by Bill Conti
Limited Edition of 3000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98
STARTS SHIPPING OCT 6

“GRAVEYARD SHIFT: LIMITED EDITION”
Music by Anthony Marinelli and Brian Banks
Limited Edition of 1000 Units
STARTS SHIPPING OCT 13

“FRIDAY THE 13th PART VII – THE NEW BLOOD: LIMITED EDITION”
Music by Harry Manfredini and Fred Mollin
Limited Edition of 2000 Units
STARTS SHIPPING OCT 13

OctoberSpooktacularEmail.jpg

HALLOWEEN SPOOKTACULAR SPECIAL !!!!

Get your scare on with these horrifically great prices on the following limited edition CD titles!

FROM OUR UNIVERSAL PICTURES FILM MUSIC CLASSICS COLLECTION… THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN, CHILD’S PLAY 2 and THE SENTINEL are
ONLY $15 EACH!

THE WRETCHED, FRIDAY THE 13th PART VI – JASON LIVES, PET SEMATARY TWO, CREEPSHOW, DAY OF THE DEAD (2-CD SET), THE MAN WHO KILLED HITLER AND THEN THE BIGFOOT, CHILLLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA are ONLY $10 EACH!

THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE, THE BAD SEED, THE HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW, ALTERED STATES and DEAD AGAIN are
ONLY $5 EACH!

Special offer starts 10/6/20 at 12 noon (pst) and is good thru 10/26/20.
Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

SHIPPING NOTICE: Given the current pandemic, please be patient with shipping. We are working steadily and safely to get orders out in a timely fashion. Expect up to 7 business days from the date you place your order for it to ship from our warehouse and, then, we respectfully ask customers wait up to 4 weeks to inquire about packages/deliveries not yet received. All such inquiries should be made to info@lalaland-ent.com – Thank you.

Back in stock… KRULL: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), DAY OF THE DEAD: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), THE FRENCH CONNECTION COLLECTION: LIMTED EDITION (2-CD SET), DIE HARD 30th ANNIV: LIMITED EDITION (3-CD SET), THE SWARM: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), DVESELU PUTENIS: BLIZZARD OF SOULS, MINORITY REPORT: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), SUPERMAN II&III (3-CD SET), VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA (THE FILM), LADYHAWKE (2-CD SET), FAR AND AWAY: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), PLANET OF THE APES TV SERIES: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), as well as TRANSFORMERS – THE LAST KNIGHT: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), FRIDAY THE 13TH, BEVERLY HILLS COP II: LIMITED EDITION

These titles are on my wantlist for ages...

- Polar Express,
- Atlantis complete (JN Howard) My FYC promo cd-r has turned bad, therefor a decent expanded release would be most welcome!
- Captain EO (James Horner)

Are any of these possible for a cd release?? Or do I just have to give up hope

Yes
Maybe
Probably not

Piss off Thor (and I mean it with love) ;)

MV

That final comment was in response to this Thor post

POLAR EXPRESS is one of those scores where less is more. It's nice, but too sugary. As such, I actually think the 12-something minutes on the regular soundtrack is perfect - nestled in among the standard Christmas songs. But it's not a lot, so in this case I can understand the desire for more.

ATLANTIS, however, is perfectly balanced the way it is.

I haven't seen CAPTAIN EO since the 80s, probably, so I don't remember the amount of music. I'm just rooting for a new, previously unrelesed Horner score, whatever it is.

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=141769&forumID=1&archive=0

Roger also commented on the thread.

POLAR EXPRESS and ATLANTIS have perfectly fine soundtracks already.

The broken record strikes again. I really don't get the point of regurgitating the same thing ad nauseam whenever expansions are brought up. We get it. We all know your take.

I know. We got all of Polar Express transferred but because the current album is in print, they put the kibosh on the project. We asked about Atlantis, but Disney wanted to hold onto it for the time being. Captain EO -- I have in my head another theme park album and would love to include it (with other things like Poledouris' American Journey). But gotta get this Broughton album out first

So looks like Polar Express would be released by Intrada once they have the green light, fingers crossed!  I would be all over an expanded CD release, fantastic score.

10 hours ago, crumbs said:

Random question but is there a reason LLL only stock LLL titles, while Intrada stock items from LLL, Varese, etc.?

Is Intrada a music label and a general music retail outlet or something?

Yes, just like Screen Archives (though SAE label releases have slowed to a trickle these past few years) and Music Box in France.

Yavar

I don't understand MV's quote. Is this interpretation correct?

1. There were going to be amazing titles for BF that are now going to be released in 2021.

2. There is going to be a BF batch, though, presumably with releases that were already supposed to have come out by now?

3. Hook is coming next year.

Don't know where you're getting Hook from, but I think you've got the rest right - some really good stuff won't be ready in time for BF, and the first few months of 201 could be good.

But you don't need a tentpole Williams score to make a good BF.