The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Correct, but I think we will see the early works first for Goldsmith's Universal scores.

But I would expect to see Psycho II at some point from Varese.

Well now that LaLaLand has released a Williams score, is anyone still anticipating Hook? :P

I can spell it plain for you to hear: it's functional dissonant stuff, desperately dependent on the movie it accompanies and nowhere near the league of what Goldsmith often could come up with in that department (and i do not listen to POTA, either).

I'll wish anyone spending his/her afternoons with this a happy time, but i guess most people would be more than satisfied with a good rendition of the theme in great sound.

Well, I guess it's the old subjective fun time again because as far as I'm concerned it wipes the floor and knocks into submission anything that Goldsmith could do in that department and I love POTA.

I just fear this score goes way above the heads of most, especially those who need a tune to hang on to, ahh ...the theme chasers, I love 'em :(

Oh and I'll certainly have many wonderful afternoons listening to this masterpiece, I almost feel pity for anyone that can't see beyond the main theme, a shame indeed.

Oh god, the Williams PC police is on patrol again...

Mine shipped also. And I notice that I did in fact receive the $5 discount for buying both ID4 and TPA separately, one day apart, with free shipping for one of the items. Thank you LLR!!!

You may wanna email LLL about that Drax. By the way MV posted this earlier.

Hola, amigos!

We are currently processing all orders for ID4 as I type. We are getting to each and everyone as quickly as we can. Please have patience. We literally have 1000's of cds to pack up and ship out.

Thank you for your patience!

Best,

MV and the La La Land Staff

I would imagine it will be a day or 2 before my order ships since I ordered it late on the 20th.

Same here.

It was worth waiting to order it later in the day.

I still haven't gotten shipping confirmation. :)

It was worth it though. Oh yes indeed.

I received this email from LaLaLand:

INDEPENDENCE DAY NOTICE:

We are currently processing and shipping all INDEPENDENCE DAY orders. Thanks so much for your patronage, and your patience, as we get these orders out to everyone as quickly as we possibly can.

I've got an email from Lalaland!

INDEPENDENCE DAY NOTICE:

We are currently processing and shipping all INDEPENDENCE DAY orders. Thanks so much for your patronage, and your patience, as we get these orders out to everyone as quickly as we possibly can.

It's just a nice way of saying "We're working our asses off right now getting these orders out ...please be patient and stop bugging us". lol

MV did state yesterday on FSM that they have literally over 1,000 CD's to ship out. That's probably a combination of ID-4 and The Poseidon Adventure.

I hope there aren't a bunch of nincompoops e-mailing LaLaLand.

If you've ever ordered from LaLaLand or are on their emailing list you probably received this email even if you didn't order ID4. They sent out a general email.

Mine shipped! This is actually perfect timing, because tomorrow is my last final before the end of my sophomore year at UofL, so I'll be free to enjoy this slew of great film score releases--and pay for them!

Hope everyone gets theirs soon.

If you've ever ordered from LaLaLand or are on their emailing list you probably received this email even if you didn't order ID4. They sent out a general email.

I didn't get that email, but perhaps because they already sent me a shipping confirmation.

The television said they started with the looting already. Vultures.

You still have the Plymouth?

What? You afraid we'll get to Washington and it won't be there?

Got my shipping notice. :P

I hate you. Not really though. ;)

I got my shipping notice Tuesday, hopefully I will have it tomorrow afternoon.

You may not get it until the weekend. I learned through Peter Kelly that supposedly LLL didn't get the ID-4 shipments in until noon yesterday. I think all the shipping notices that most everyone got are real. All LLL probably did was get labels printed up and ready to go. Then once they got the CD's all they would have to do is just slap on the label and get the CD's on their way.

You know this was supposed to be my weekend off.....but noooooo. You got me out here draggin' your heavy ass, through the burnin' desert with your dread-locks stickin' out the back of my parachute. You gotta come down here with an attitude, actin' all big and bad. *pauses* AND WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SMELL!?!?!?!???!

So has anyone received their ID4 yet? USPS is taking their sweet ass time, it seems. I live in California not far from where LaLaLand ships, and still haven't gotten it. Grrr. lol.