• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy crap guys, it's finally happening!!!1!  

If Potter isn't announced on Friday, I'm going to buy 30 bags of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Jelly Beans, go through them each assiduously picking out just the vomit flavored beans, and mail them to La

Not to mention that very significant milestone anniversary in 2021........   It's so obvious now!                          

Ok so it's only available for the newer releases? I can't find that red link on the Fletch Lives page, for example. But when I hover on the art I can "scroll-zoom" it but still cannot save it.

The Orville S1 page also does not have the link.

I tried in an incognito window and it worked for me  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I kept scrolling and scrolling and it kept filling in

I understand that some of the fantastic big Black Friday titles which didn't make the schedule in 2020 due to late approvals etc but we were told them to expect in the first Qtr of 2021. Any idea if we can expect them soon?

No.

What he said

MV

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=118900&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=40&r=664#bottom

:(

According to this post on the Intrada board, MV had posted publicly somewhere that Glory by James Horner and Gladiator by Zimmer were supposed to come out on Black Friday but got delayed?

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=83488#p83488

He's just making that up right?  We would have talked about news like that here if a post like that existed

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

How much music is missing for Glory? I thought the OST was pretty much complete anyway.

Nope! It was one of Horner’s shorter OSTs. There’s at least 15 minutes missing, maybe more. Some people have it ripped from I think a region 2 isolated score track though. Plus from the Omni Publications written score it looks like there are alternates.

Yavar

7 minutes ago, mstrox said:

They released a second volume, full of wild duduk tracks and synth demos with hissy dialogue over them!  What more do you want!?

I know, a whole 5 minutes of clean, additional score! I feel terrible for asking for more... :P

---

They actually released a 2-CD set with the OST + MMF... twice. Once I believe in 2005, then again last year.

I find it hard to believe that MV would have mentioned target release dates missed before the scores get released.

A lesson learned from mentioning an expanded JFK how long ago and still no release...

2 hours ago, Bayesian said:

Ah, JFK... now that would be a welcome announcement on Feb 2.

I doubt its ready. They werent able to do anything on any of the related Warner titles last year and they still have to deal with the multiple licences unfortunately. Maybe November this year? 

37 minutes ago, crumbs said:

So two releases being announced today... but what time? It's 10.30am on Feb 2 for me.

I'm always hooked waiting to hear LLL's announcements... I wasn't born on the fourth of July but I still consider myself a patriot of film scores. That said, if I have to wait much longer, I'll be taking the Sugarland Express to JFK and catching the first flight to Munich. At that point, you'll have to catch me if you can, I guess.

At least I bought a copy of The Amistad Rebellion to read while waiting in the terminal.

Yep, I think you got all of ‘em in there.

44 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Usually theres a late night (PST) email announcement followed by the release at noon PST.

Woohoo! So potentially 7 hours away. That sounds about right, I usually get announcement emails around sunset.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

So two releases being announced today... but what time? It's 10.30am on Feb 2 for me.

I'm always hooked waiting to hear LLL's announcements... I wasn't born on the fourth of July but I still consider myself a patriot of film scores. That said, if I have to wait much longer, I'll be taking the Sugarland Express to JFK and catching the first flight to Munich. At that point, you'll have to catch me if you can, I guess.

At least I bought a copy of The Amistad Rebellion to read while waiting in the terminal.

Hopefully you don't get stuck 7 Years in Tibet.

23 minutes ago, Spider-Fal said:

Hopefully you don't get stuck 7 Years in Tibet.

Or worse, becoming an accidental tourist on the Eiger, sanctioned to visit my stepmom Penelope.

They don't call her the screaming woman for nothing, and it's a long goodbye if you slip off the edge. But that's the story of a woman who loved cat dancing... she's that rare breed of two left feet and a diamond head.

17 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Or worse, becoming an accidental tourist on the Eiger, sanctioned to visit my stepmom Penelope.

They don't call her the screaming woman for nothing, and it's a long goodbye if you slip off the edge. But that's the story of a woman who loved cat dancing... she's that rare breed of two left feet and a diamond head.

I’m gonna guess one of these two is the title of a movie JW scored, but I don’t know which one.

31 minutes ago, Bayesian said:

I’m gonna guess one of these two is the title of a movie JW scored, but I don’t know which one.

Haha sadly not, I just needed to link together the more unwieldy score references somehow. Unless they're episode titles of random TV shows JW scored in the 60s :P

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS
NEW RELEASES: TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2021

New Releases available to order starting TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2021 at 12 noon (pst)
at www.lalalandrecords.com

“BANNING: LIMITED EDITION”
Music by Qunicy Jones
Universal Pictures Film Music Classics Collection
Limited Edition of 3000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98
STARTS SHIPPING FEB 2

“HARD RAIN: LIMITED EDITION”
Music by Christopher Young
Limited Edition of 1000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98
STARTS SHIPPING FEB 9