The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

2 hours ago, Bayesian said:

Ah, JFK... now that would be a welcome announcement on Feb 2.

I doubt its ready. They werent able to do anything on any of the related Warner titles last year and they still have to deal with the multiple licences unfortunately. Maybe November this year? 

It’s only 4:00 pm of the 1st here in California. I reckon they’re going to wait another 17-20 hours or so. Alas.

Unless they’re looking to do a midnight announcement. Then it’s just 8 hours’ wait.

37 minutes ago, crumbs said:

So two releases being announced today... but what time? It's 10.30am on Feb 2 for me.

I'm always hooked waiting to hear LLL's announcements... I wasn't born on the fourth of July but I still consider myself a patriot of film scores. That said, if I have to wait much longer, I'll be taking the Sugarland Express to JFK and catching the first flight to Munich. At that point, you'll have to catch me if you can, I guess.

At least I bought a copy of The Amistad Rebellion to read while waiting in the terminal.

Yep, I think you got all of ‘em in there.

44 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Usually theres a late night (PST) email announcement followed by the release at noon PST.

Woohoo! So potentially 7 hours away. That sounds about right, I usually get announcement emails around sunset.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

So two releases being announced today... but what time? It's 10.30am on Feb 2 for me.

I'm always hooked waiting to hear LLL's announcements... I wasn't born on the fourth of July but I still consider myself a patriot of film scores. That said, if I have to wait much longer, I'll be taking the Sugarland Express to JFK and catching the first flight to Munich. At that point, you'll have to catch me if you can, I guess.

At least I bought a copy of The Amistad Rebellion to read while waiting in the terminal.

Hopefully you don't get stuck 7 Years in Tibet.

23 minutes ago, Spider-Fal said:

Hopefully you don't get stuck 7 Years in Tibet.

Or worse, becoming an accidental tourist on the Eiger, sanctioned to visit my stepmom Penelope.

They don't call her the screaming woman for nothing, and it's a long goodbye if you slip off the edge. But that's the story of a woman who loved cat dancing... she's that rare breed of two left feet and a diamond head.

17 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Or worse, becoming an accidental tourist on the Eiger, sanctioned to visit my stepmom Penelope.

They don't call her the screaming woman for nothing, and it's a long goodbye if you slip off the edge. But that's the story of a woman who loved cat dancing... she's that rare breed of two left feet and a diamond head.

I’m gonna guess one of these two is the title of a movie JW scored, but I don’t know which one.

31 minutes ago, Bayesian said:

I’m gonna guess one of these two is the title of a movie JW scored, but I don’t know which one.

Haha sadly not, I just needed to link together the more unwieldy score references somehow. Unless they're episode titles of random TV shows JW scored in the 60s :P

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS
NEW RELEASES: TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2021

New Releases available to order starting TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2021 at 12 noon (pst)
at www.lalalandrecords.com

“BANNING: LIMITED EDITION”
Music by Qunicy Jones
Universal Pictures Film Music Classics Collection
Limited Edition of 3000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98
STARTS SHIPPING FEB 2

“HARD RAIN: LIMITED EDITION”
Music by Christopher Young
Limited Edition of 1000 Units
STARTS SHIPPING FEB 9

“BANNING: LIMITED EDITION”
Music by Qunicy Jones
STARTS SHIPPING FEB 2

“HARD RAIN: LIMITED EDITION”
STARTS SHIPPING FEB 9

SHIPPING NOTICE: Given the current pandemic, please be patient with shipping. We are working steadily, safely and within local ordinances to get orders out in a timely fashion. Expect up to 7-10 business days from the date you place your order for it to ship from our warehouse and, then, we respectfully ask customers wait up to 4 weeks to inquire about packages/deliveries not yet received. All such inquiries should be made to info@lalaland-ent.com – Thank you.

IT'S BACK!!!!

We are happy to announce we are getting 500 more units of THE HARRY POTTER JOHN WILLIAMS COLLECTION (7-CD BOX SET) back in stock!!! Order now at www.lalalandrecords.com and it will start shipping out later this month!

Additionally, BRAM STOKER’S DRACULA (3-CD SET), THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH (2-CD SET), QUINN MARTIN VOL 2 – THE INVADERS (2-CD SET), ROMANCING THE STONE and the very last 200 units of VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA – TV SERIES (4-CD SET) are now back in stock at www.lalalandrecords.com

ALSO BACK IN STOCK… CASPER 25th ANNIV (2-CD SET), DARKMAN 30th ANNIV (2-CD SET), THE KARATE KID PART II, X-FILES VOL. 3 (4-CD SET), X-FILES VOL 1. (4-CD SET), WYATT EARP (3-CD SET), APOCALYPSE NOW THE UNUSED SCORE, THE MONSTER SQUAD, TITANIC 20th ANNIV (4-CD SET), WATERWORLD (2-CD SET), SUPERMAN 4 – THE QUEST FOR PEACE (2-CD SET), KRULL (2-CD SET), DAY OF THE DEAD (2-CD SET), THE FRENCH CONNECTION COLLECTION (2-CD SET), DIE HARD 30th ANNIV (3-CD SET), THE SWARM (2-CD SET), DVESELU PUTENIS: BLIZZARD OF SOULS, MINORITY REPORT (2-CD SET), VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA (THE FILM), LADYHAWKE (2-CD SET), FAR AND AWAY (2-CD SET)

BANNING: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1554
Music by Quincy Jones

STARTS SHIPPING FEB 2

Order yours starting FEB 2 at 12 noon (pst) at www.lalalandrecords.com

Banning_Web.jpg

La-La Land Records and Universal Studios proudly present the twelfth title within the acclaimed Universal Pictures Film Music Classics Collection – BANNING: LIMITED EDITION, music by the legendary Quincy Jones (IN COLD BLOOD, THE COLOR PURPLE). This limited edition CD release of Quincy Jones’ original motion picture score to 1967’s big-screen golf drama BANNING, starring Robert Wagner, Jill St. John and James Farentino and directed by Ron Winston, marks the official world-premiere release of BANNING’s original film music!

Composer Jones’ tuneful and jazzy score, performed by a 55 piece orchestra, showcases the maestro at his best, highlighting his arranging and compositional skills while expertly providing the musical foundation for the film’s drama and reality. The film’s striking main theme and song “The Eyes of Love,” was Academy-Award nominated and the version heard in the film, sung by Gil Bernal, makes its debut on this CD release. Produced, mixed, edited and mastered by Mike Matessino, this limited release of 3000 units features exclusive, in-depth liner notes by writer Jon Burlingame and art direction by Mark Banning.

TRACK LISTING:

1. The Eyes Of Love 4:14
2. Main Title 4:07
3. Don’t Make Waves 2:41
4. Members Only 1:20
5. Dental Fleece 1:12
6. The Eyes Of Love (Instrumental) 2:29
7. Poker / Take Tea And Me 4:41
8. Banning Can’t Forget 2:09
9. Relay Chase 4:48
10. Mad Pad / A Lack Of Lass 2:24
11. Fixation 1:29
12. The Set-Up 4:42
13. Rendezvous / Price Control 3:26
14. I Want You 1:13
15. The Tournament 3:25
16. Trying Tie 3:15
17. Sudden Death 4:20
18. Finale 1:37
19. End Title 1:00
20. Main Title (Alternate) 3:55

Total Time: 58:53

HARD RAIN: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1556

STARTS SHIPPING FEB 9

Order yours starting FEB 2 at 12 noon (pst) at www.lalalandrecords.com

hardrain-Web.jpg

La-La Land Records and Paramount Pictures proudly present the CD release of renowned composer Christopher Young’s (HELLRAISER, SPIDER-MAN 3, DRAG ME TO HELL) original motion picture score to the big-screen 1998 action/thriller HARD RAIN, starring Morgan Freeman, Christian Slater and Minnie Driver, and directed by Mikael Salomon. Composer Christopher Young’s robust and relentless orchestral score (performed by the London Metropolitan Orchestra) for this exciting action heist/disaster drama hybrid is a masterwork of action scoring that stands as one of the ‘90’s best! Expert and complex orchestrations result in a musical dynamo that pulses with high-octane heroism while simultaneously mirroring the apocalyptic forces of nature. Produced by Dan Goldwasser and mastered by James Nelson, this special limited edition CD release of 1000 units includes bonus tracks and features exclusive, in-depth liner notes by writer Jeff Bond. The sleek art design is by Dan Goldwasser.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Main Title (film version)* 3:19
2. Bank Pick-Up* / Stuck Truck* 1:46
3. Truck Heist 2:16
4.A Walk in the Rain / The Door Is Ajar* 2:03
5. The Jet Ski Chase (Part 1) 6:31
6. The Jet Ski Chase (Part 2) (film version)* 1:34
7. Nick Tie* / Locked Up 0:45
8. Full Reservoir* / The Dam Breaks* 1:27
9. The Jail Cell 4:39
10. Up on the Roof 1:35
11.Kenny Gets Zapped** 2:34
12. Shotgun* / Kenny’s Demise* / Bad Guys Revealed* / Holy Cow 1:41
13. Looking for Karen 0:59
14. Cemetery* / Show Me the Money 2:17
15. Boat Fight* 1:40
16. Cemetery Standoff 1:39
17. Church Chase 4:36
18. Wayne Kidnaps Karen 1:54
19. Back to Church* / Wayne’s Fantasy* 1:42
20. The Church Attack 3:23
21. Nowhere to Run*§ 0:53
22. I’m Not Greedy 1:16
23. Sheriff Escapes / Tom Rescues Karen 3:41
24. Jim Saves the Day** 2:14
25. He’s Back (film version)* 1:40
26. Jim Leaves* 0:59

BONUS TRACKS
27. Main Title (album version) 3:22
28. Stuck Truck (alternate without harmonica)* 1:22
29. The Jet Ski Chase (Part 2) (album version) 2:08
30. The Jail Cell (alternate) 4:38
31. I’m Not Greedy (alternate)* 1:16
32. Jim Saves the Day (alternate)* 2:14
33. He’s Back (album version) 1:40
34. Jim Leaves (alternate)* 0:59
TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 78:12
* previously unreleased
** contains previously unreleased material
§ contains material not in film

Hard Rain is a decent thriller score with some Americana - I always liked the main title cue, and a few other highlights, from seeing the film.

Young's OST album suffers from the typical moving tracks around, and some alternate stuff. I'll likely pick that one up.

3 hours ago, Raiders of the SoundtrArk said:

Do we know if they intend to get back in stock Alien3 or not?

They are hoping to have it back in stock in May.

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=142714&forumID=1&archive=0

4 hours ago, Raiders of the SoundtrArk said:

Do we know if they intend to get back in stock Alien3 or not?

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/18099-the-official-la-la-land-records-thread/page/241/&tab=comments#comment-1775596

On 2/2/2021 at 8:16 AM, Jay said:

Additionally, BRAM STOKER’S DRACULA (3-CD SET), THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH (2-CD SET), QUINN MARTIN VOL 2 – THE INVADERS (2-CD SET), ROMANCING THE STONE and the very last 200 units of VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA – TV SERIES (4-CD SET) are now back in stock at www.lalalandrecords.com

1 minute ago, bollemanneke said:

Anyone any idea why I can no longer like, comment on or follow LLL on Facebook? Has been going on for a year but only bothers me now.

MV doesn't like you. He's a wanted man... He has the death sentence on twelve systems.

4 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Anyone any idea why I can no longer like, comment on or follow LLL on Facebook? Has been going on for a year but only bothers me now.

You can check if it's your personal account or not by creating a second account and trying to like, comment, or follow them

If you can, then they must have banned your main account.  Do you remember saying something inflammatory on their page?

21 minutes ago, Jay said:

You can check if it's your personal account or not by creating a second account and trying to like, comment, or follow them

If you can, then they must have banned your main account.  Do you remember saying something inflammatory on their page?

No... as I recall I only reacted ecstatically to a few releases. And I never said antyhing bad about Star Trek.

Possible good news on some of delayed titles from further back in their catalog:

Any updates on LLLCDs 1504, 1527, 1540 and 1550? I know this is a nosy question, but for some reason I feel bold enough to ask. Must be that TGIF feeling! smile

yes

I guess these are older titles stuck awaiting approvals. Have they disclosed what any of the titles might be? They're currently up to 1556 (Hard Rain).

Mike mentioned in the WOTW podcast he wrote 3 Williams liner notes in a row back late 2019 (The River, Far and Away, and "something that hasn't come out yet") so maybe that's 1540. For reference, Far and Away was 1533.

When it comes to quality physical music support, I only trust good old polluant poly-carbonate. I simply can't live without it!

:up: