The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

I still wonder if that Kamen X-Men set that was once mentioned to me has any legitimacy to it. Would love to hear what the unaltered version of that might've been.

I’ve been waiting for this X-Men release for years. Delighted to see it finally released. Will probably order that in June!

X-Men at last, good! Bumblebee might be good too, though it's been a while since Marianelli put out something I really liked, I'll give it a listen.

19 minutes ago, Holko said:

So... The Flood is delayed to Q3 now?

No...there is another.

When MV said "Two we have waited years to be approved on" about their May titles, that was referring to X-Men and Bumblebee

Bumblebee opened in December, 2018 and MV publicly revealed they'd release the physical CD edition of the score album not long after, and every once in a while throughout 2019 publicly posted that they were still waiting for the artwork to be appproved.  I'm glad that finally got squared away for them, however I am completely unfamiliar with this score (I have not seen the movie either).

I know nothing about X-Men, other than I remember a very long time ago (more than 5 years ago) he publicly posted they were working on it, then never said anything about it again until today!  They must be sooooooooo relieved they can finally sell it!

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

Bumblebee opened in December, 2018 and MV publicly revealed they'd release the physical CD edition of the score album not long after, and every once in a while throughout 2019 publicly posted that they were still waiting for the artwork to be appproved.  I'm glad that finally got squared away for them, however I am completely unfamiliar with this score (I have not seen the movie either).

Bumblebee is quite a nice movie. I see it as E.T. but in the Transformers universe so you don't have all the incredible Spielberg poetry but there are some very nice ideas. About the music I've never listen to it since I've seen the movie one years ago but from what I can recall it was really nice but doesn't souds at all like Jablonsky other scores though.

Bummer, I got Bumblebee digitally a few months ago.  I’m likely in for X-men.  I don’t remember a thing about the score but I like adventure mode Kamen and superhero scores.

Bumblebee is easily the best Transformers movies, which is not saying much, though... But it is an okay movie.

Don't remember much of Marianelli's score, it wasn't as distinct as Jablonsky's scores for the franchise.

@bruce marshall

Is the x-men release actually the Three Musketeers in disguise? My hopes were dashed...;) 

Haha. I believe Kamen originally wrote a more traditional score for X-men and then was asked to make it less so(?) wonder if this release will reflect that...

Welp. I'm not gonna lie. I'm a little disappointed personally. I wasn't one of the ones expecting a slew of Williams' releases or even Williams release, but there are plenty outside of Williams I'd like to see expanded. So, to see 3 OSTs among this bunch was probably the biggest disappointment, but I totally get that those are a part of their business as well.

Oh well! I'm glad that there are people excited about some of the releases and hey, I grabbed the new Varese releases the other day so I'll still have some scores to pour over the next week or so.

Just now, Disco Stu said:

My bank account is thankful today 

Haha. That's a very good point. I should just think of today and savings for the Black Friday batch. 

29 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

I just get to wonder if anyone here knows when First Knight will be back in stock?

On 1/14/2021 at 10:15 PM, Jay said:

LATE JAN 2021

QUINN MARTIN VOL 2 THE INVADERS
ROMANCING THE STONE

EARLY FEB 2021

HARRY POTTER BOX SET
BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA
THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH

LATE FEB 2021

FRIDAY THE 13TH PARTS 2/3
FRIDAY THE 13TH PARTS 4/5
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT
X FILES SEASON 11

MARCH 2021

SUPERMAN 40TH ANNIVERSARY
SCHINDLER'S LIST CD
BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN

APRIL 2021

STAR TREK ENTERPRISE VOL 1
STAR TREK ENTERPRISE VOL 2
BATMAN DANNY ELFMAN COLLECTION
DIE ANOTHER DAY

MAY 2021

ALIEN 3
FIRST KNIGHT
BATMAN THE MOVIE 50TH ANNIVERSARY

JUNE 2021

JW DISASTER SET

UNKNOWN

BATMAN TAS VOL 1
BEVERLY HILLS COP 35TH ANNIVERSARY
BEVERLY HILLS COP 2
BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA
COLOSSUS THE FORBIN PROJECT
DANCES WITH WOLVES
DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE
EMPIRE OF THE SUN
GALAXY QUEST
HOME ALONE 25TH ANNIV
JACK REACHER
LADYHAWKE
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 1996
PLANET OF THE APES BOX SET
SOLARIS
THE THIN RED LINE
SUPERMAN 2/3

I know I'm probably the only one here who loves this weird score, but I am so stoked for S*P*Y*S complete... this was the first score Jerry did that hinted at what he'd achieve in his zany collaborations with Joe Dante! And quite a good chunk of score is unreleased:
https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=126278&forumID=1&archive=0

Yavar

No planned autographs

SPYS and STRIPPER are remastered and expanded...also includes Jerry's one FLAMING STAR track

Bumblebee is the same as digital release per Mr Marianelli's request

MV

Good batch, had my hopes high for ‘The Adventures of Batman and Robin’

Now that things are starting to ease up we hope later this year.

We currently have 8 titles still waiting approvals at UME which has been going on for a long long time

Two titles at Sony Music

1 over at WMG

And a host of others all over town.

X-Men was the first title to get out of that UME log jam. Hopefully others will follow shortly.

MV

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=118900&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=42&r=906#bottom

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Two titles at Sony Music

Two titles at Sony Music you say? One of my non-Williams holy grails is on Sony :D

7 hours ago, Stark said:

The letdown of this announcement was so big I made an account here to weep about it! Although X-Men is an interesting and long-awaited release..

X-Men will be highly prized by many, and it's just the first of many great releases we can look forward to this year. It's just things taking time.

I was surprised by the number of 'new' OSTs in this bunch, but I should caveat that my OST angle is mainly informed by my shift towards primarily buying digital albums for new scores, and therefore I struggle to see physical releases as an 'event', especially if they don't contain any additional music.

15 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

Well, Goldsmith fans have certainly been spoiled this year!  Happy for them

It's gonna be expensive for them, considering Goldsmith is a poor man's Williams.

8 hours ago, Jay said:

What's that?

Thomas Newman's score for Lemony Snicket. I'd love an expansion for that.

From my knowledge of the score, there's around 20 minutes worth of unreleased music, including the pit band source cues. That's just what is known about, there's plenty of evidence that suggests there could be alternates and other unused cues. Hard to say for sure though. Nearly nothing else has ever come out from the score besides the OST and the film itself.

Some areas are a little complicated though as I know there are some cues that seem to be just remixes of previously recorded material (which is common for Newman) as well as some inserts recorded to patch together tracked music...not sure how those would be handled.

16 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Thomas Newman’s OSTs are almost always comprehensive. I’ve never desired an expansion of one of his scores. Lemony Snicket is a great album!

My favorite Newman score Little Women would greatly benefit from an expansion.

Yavar

16 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Thomas Newman’s OSTs are almost always comprehensive. I’ve never desired an expansion of one of his scores. Lemony Snicket is a great album!

It’s certainly not ever necessary, but there are some nice little reprises and variations from Snicket I’d like. Plus, the pit band cues would be fun.

The only two Newman scores I've ever had a desire to be expanded are Shawshank (done) and Road to Perdition, and even that was just for the odd cue.

I also spotted an unreleased cue I rather liked from Passengers when I rewatched it a few weeks ago. But that's it with Newman - his albums are usually so comprehensive that there's no need to add anything substantial.

14 hours ago, His Royal Noelness said:

There seems to be a Goldsmith release every second week!

There are so many Goldsmith releases, I'm astonished there's still any of them left to release!  Mind you, I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

It says BATMAN DANNY ELFMAN COLLECTION was back in stock APRIL 2021. In the meantime, the website says TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK. I’m happy to see that sales are going well, but I’m hoping I didn’t miss out in this release. Will it be back in stock eventually?

We had to toss all of the booklets and tray cards for Batman and Die Another Day because Warner Records changed their name recently and wanted updated legal lines. So, more expenses and delays occurred. We should hopefully have more in stock by Memorial Day weekend.

As for Titanic it's just out of stock. More coming in the Summer

First Knight, license is out dated. Waiting on Sony Music legal to ok the final repressing. Should happen any day now (been waiting about 6 weeks now)

This update running a small soundtrack label brought to you by the makers of Jack Daniels... Jack Daniels sometimes the bottle just ain't big enough.

MV

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=142714&forumID=1

In case anybody didn't know, they changed their name from

Warner Bros. Records Inc.

to

Warner Records Inc

18 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

My favorite Newman score Little Women would greatly benefit from an expansion.

Yavar

There was a Little Women DVD with an isolated score back in the day. I vividly remember checking it out from my local library just for that in high school. Odd the iso tracks didn’t pop up shortly after that. But yes an official expanded score would be perfect to go along with his expanded Shawshank that I snagged last year. 
‘94. what a year for film scores.

Edit: Found it. Only $5

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0767851013/