The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Just now, Andy said:

I would've easily recommended A.I., but it's showing temporarily out of stock.  It is sooooo good.

yes..that too!!!!

10 minutes ago, Bespin said:

A.I.

CE3K

SUPERMAN - THE MOVIE

Well, if A.I. is out of stock...

CE3K

SUPERMAN - THE MOVIE

FAR AND AWAY (moreover if you don't even have the OST)

CE3K is out of print

If this is a new JW listener, Definitely Superman and Far and Away.

And this is a perfect example of why the legendary titles need to remain in print always.  For alllllways... forrrrrever....

23 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Already again?

It's a great score that lots of people want to own!

13 minutes ago, Stu said:

Taking copies out of the hands of other JW fans!  I don’t think I’d admit to that publicly.

You mean like taking candy from a kid?! Its a ridiculous presumption on your part. We all have choices. Most won’t bother to buy knowing it’s going to sell out. And realize when it’s too late. At least I don’t plan to sell them for abnormal price like most people do these days. These extra copies of my top ten favorite scores are for my consumption and I paid for them.  My money, my cd. Go figure.

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Taking copies out of the hands of other JW fans!  I don’t think I’d admit to that publicly.

I'll buy an extra HP set when they're selling a last batch. It has been decided.

25% OFF YOUR ORDER - EXTENDED ONE WEEK!

Due to popular demand - WE HAVE EXTENDED OUR 25% OFF SALE OF IN-STOCK ITEMS FOR ONE MORE WEEK. Take 25% OFF your entire order of in-stock items through 5/24.

THE SALE'S LAST DAY is 5/24 - and it will NOT BE EXTENDED AGAIN, so don't miss out on taking 25% OFF your entire order now at www.lalalandrecords.com !

Get them now at www.lalalandrecords.com!

https://secure.campaigner.com/csb/Public/show/4our-2jc52m--zatzg-ag4f6q7

• 2 weeks later...

35CA5B52-9304-43BC-961F-D0A309A7A25F.jpeg

Also sales on Orville and The Boys.  Already have the latter, but I’ll likely pick up the Orville scores based on everyone’s good vibes.

Wow! First Wives Club is one of Shaiman’s very best works. Another Varese 90s title I’d assumed they held in perpetuity (and probably would never choose to expand), seeing LLL produce a new expanded edition is a very pleasant surprise! (I highly suggest checking out the sound clips when they’re up, if you aren’t familiar with the score already.)

Yavar

53 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I’ll likely pick up the Orville scores based on everyone’s good vibes.

They are very easy to enjoy if you like late 70s to 90s sci-fi scoring, things like Aliens, Total Recall, all the Star Treks, etc.  And the occasional episode features more modern style scoring that I also really like!

2 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Wow! First Wives Club is one of Shaiman’s very best works.

Agreed. Purchased the original CD release on a school trip to London back in 2001 for way too much money.

• 2 weeks later...

"

THE SONS OF KATIE ELDER by Elmer Bernstein is BACK IN STOCK and available now! This is the last batch of this title, so act now before it's gone for good.

Likewise, there are less than 75 units of HOME ALONE left, and less than 120 units of FIRST KNIGHT left. These are last batches as well and they will be out of print once they are gone!

"

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=147937&forumID=1&archive=0

• 2 weeks later...

LLL has given no clues about any of their upcoming titles at all, from any composer

Meanwhile, MM indicated he has 2 Williams titles he hopes to be out at the end of the year on Maurizio's podcast, but did not indicate there was anything in the works planned to come out sooner than that

When does LLL announce the summer releases? Just in case something from another composer could interest me...

They close for vacations like in Christmas time?

2 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

When does LLL announce the summer releases? Just in case something from another composer could interest me...

They tend to announce stuff on the 1st of each month. Which means we should know by Friday what us happening in July.

Karol

21 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

There's so such announcement like you describe.

They simply post a flier of titles on the first day of each month that reveals what they are releasing that month, to Facebook and Twitter, and that's it.

21 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Their final release of each year is announced on Black Friday (the last Friday of November) and goes for sale the following Tuesday.  They ship year round more or less, though occasionally announce periods of time things won't ship out.  And yea, probably the last week or two of each year they are closed for the holidays, but this is always about 2 weeks after they've been shipping their Black Friday titles out.

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

They tend to announce stuff on the 1st of each month. Which means we should know by Friday what us happening in July.

Karol

ill wait then.

On 28/6/2022 at 4:41 PM, Jay said:

LLL has given no clues about any of their upcoming titles at all, from any composer

Meanwhile, MM indicated he has 2 Williams titles he hopes to be out at the end of the year on Maurizio's podcast, but did not indicate there was anything in the works planned to come out sooner than that

MM is a liar!

btw, all these box sets (disaster collection, harry potter) are now sure to be released separately so…shawn cue confirmed for azkaban!

i wont triple or cuadruple? Dip on poseidon adventure mind you.

unless they have found pristine stereo masters……

On 01/07/2022 at 5:00 PM, Luke Skywalker said:

MM is a liar!

Incorrect. 

On 29/04/2022 at 11:54 PM, Jay said:

Mike said that reissues were coming, AND ALSO 5 new expansions/premieres on top of those

"

JOHN WILLIAMS SPECIAL!

Our celebration of the maestro’s 90 years and our new JURASSIC PARK re-issue continues with great prices on some of his brilliant titles! Get SCHINDLER’S LIST and FAR & AWAY 2-CD sets at an amazing price of ONLY $25 EACH
and his SAVING PRIVATE RYAN for ONLY $10 EACH!!!!

JAMES HORNER SPECIAL!
We’re celebrating our releases of PATRIOT GAMES and CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER with great sale prices on two more Horner classics!
Get GLORY and BRAVEHEART 2-CD sets at the fantastic price of ONLY $25 EACH!!!

SPECIAL OFFERS start on July 5th at 12 noon pst and are good thru July 18th

Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

BACK IN STOCK! LADYHAWKE: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) (last batch), FIDDLER ON THE ROOF: LIMITED EDITION (3-CD SET), 100 RIFLES/RIO CONCHOS: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), THE SONS OF KATIE EDLER: LIMITED EDITION (last batch), SCHINDLER’S LIST: 25th ANNIV. LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) (last batch), BEVERLY HILLS COP: 35th ANNIV (last batch), BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES VOL 1 (2-CD SET) (Last Batch!), THE PEACEMAKER (2-CD SET) (last batch!), HOME ALONE 25th ANNIV (2-CD SET) last batch – almost gone – less than 20 remain!,
THE THIN RED LINE: LIMITED EDITION (4-CD SET)

"

https://secure.campaigner.com/csb/Public/show/4our-2jw9l1--zw34g-ag4f6q6

• 2 weeks later...

Do they say that the sold 2500units of JP already?

Heck i was going to wait to pair it with the next Williams release but i think I should not, it may sold out sooner than expected.