The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

5 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Do they say that the sold 2500units of JP already?

Yea

5 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Heck i was going to wait to pair it with the next Williams release but i think I should not, it may sold out sooner than expected.

It might!

It's a bit ironic..because i think most purchases have been double dippers... so much for "it's great this is available for another 5000 people who do not own the JP score in its expanded form..."

2 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

It's a bit ironic..because i think most purchases have been double dippers... so much for "it's great this is available for another 5000 people who do not own the JP score in its expanded form..."

And you're basing this determination on... what, exactly? 

You have absolutely no way of knowing how many of those 2500 sales were double dippers. 

17 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Heck i was going to wait to pair it with the next Williams release but i think I should not, it may sold out sooner than expected.

Wait, how can it possibly sell out, there's literally no demand for it according to half the JWFans!  Why, that's ... that's crazy!

21 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

What evidence do you have to support this?

There are likely thousands of music fans who missed out on the 2016 box and leapt at the chance to buy this.

51 minutes ago, Stu said:

Everyone's so tetchy about that JP re-release.  It's pretty funny.

It’s true. As long as it’s raking in a shit ton of cash for LLL so they can release something amazing that inexplicably only sells 9 copies, I don’t care really! I’m not rushing for it as I have the original but will almost certainly pick it up anyway. 

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Everyone's so tetchy about that JP re-release.  It's pretty funny.

I'm amused by the people who are angry about having to double dip :P

Despite that no one's forcing them to... just their completism at having a set that's slightly upgraded.

And it's only good for LLL - they now have a good revenue stream for their next release.

I can't believe this hasn't been answered already, though I'm not entirely sure where to look - but what are the differences between the original album versions and the newly released film versions of the Jurassic Park cues LLL release?

On 15/07/2022 at 10:02 AM, Luke Skywalker said:

Oh snap!  FOMO Ordered!

I'm still considering a purchase but was hoping to wait until the next batch to see if anything else interested me, for shipping savings.

But I assume they'd give us low quantity warnings if they're about to sell out again.

44 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I assume they'd give us low quantity warnings if they're about to sell out again.

Definitely

It also occurred to me the other day that it's been two months since Varese's last batch so perhaps we're looking at their next one within the next few weeks.

Didn't want to bump the Varese thread as that would cause undue excitement :P 

I don't think it's fair to say Varese releases Club titles every two months; It's still fairly random I'd say.

This is what they've released since Townson left

2020-Jan - Dolores Claiborne & The Stand

2020-March - US Marshals & The Big Fix

2020-June - The Running Man & Seaquest DSV

2020-August - Wild Wild West

2020-October - HTTYD1 & Village of the Damned

2021-Jan - Looney Tunes Back In Action & Babe

2021-March - Along Came A Spider & The Serpent And The Rainbow

2021-April - Lionheart & Knowing

2021-June - Paycheck & The Matrix

2021-August - Dantes Peak & Love Field

2021-November - Elf & Blue Velvet

2022-March - HTTYD2 & Iron Giant

2022-May - Bourne Identity & Presumed Innocent

Is that considered a Club title?

It didn't follow the usual clue game like everything else mentioned (all of which is under the Club tab on their website)

Update from LLL on FSM:

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=148284&forumID=1&archive=0

After doing inventory we have come up with a shortlist of titles that will be making their way back in stock

AUGUST:

STAR TREK 2
TITANIC
DIE HARD
AIRPORT 77
ALWAYS
JURASSIC PARK

SEPT

JOHN WILLIAMS DISASTER SET
DAYS OF THUNDER
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER
FIELD OF DREAMS
WONDER WOMAN (LAST BATCH)
CASPER

OCTOBER

BRAM STOKERS DRACULA
LESS THAN ZERO (LAST BATCH)
DIE ANOTHER DAY

This is a rough calculation, so things can always change

MV

On 20/07/2022 at 11:09 PM, bruce marshall said:

I'm anxiously awaiting their next sale - hopefully 25% off.

Want to get SCARFACE !

Just as good.

On sale it would be $22.50.

I think LLL charges more than this for shipping (at least  $6.10 for two cds).

Screenshot_2022-07-23-20-47-52.png

On 15/07/2022 at 6:26 PM, crumbs said:

And you're basing this determination on... what, exactly? 

You have absolutely no way of knowing how many of those 2500 sales were double dippers. 

Does it need that much 'knowing' to infer exactly that from label's release politics of last 20 years (or indeed the much bigger dvd, 4k, 8k et al. market)?

It's an open secret in the entertainment industry that a good deal of income is generated by repackaging and it's the last bit of business that is actually left in releasing movie scores by a handful of beloved composers. It practically feeds on hoarders, who can't resist the 'order button' impulse.

All the rationalizations for it are window dressing, and both Intrada and LLL have thankfully cut down the marketing bullshit in recent years.

I mean, sure, when there's a sucker out there who is willing to triple-dip on James Horner's 'Clear and Present Danger', a routine job with a few real highlights (Milan, Intrada, now LLL), or even on 'Patriot Games' (!), let them have it. Re-buy Star Wars the fiftieth time and die a happy man! :P

On 21/07/2022 at 1:29 AM, Amer said:

Update from LLL on FSM:

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=148284&forumID=1&archive=0

After doing inventory we have come up with a shortlist of titles that will be making their way back in stock

AUGUST:

STAR TREK 2
TITANIC
DIE HARD
AIRPORT 77
ALWAYS
JURASSIC PARK

SEPT

JOHN WILLIAMS DISASTER SET
DAYS OF THUNDER
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER
FIELD OF DREAMS
WONDER WOMAN (LAST BATCH)
CASPER

OCTOBER

BRAM STOKERS DRACULA
LESS THAN ZERO (LAST BATCH)
DIE ANOTHER DAY

This is a rough calculation, so things can always change

MV

TITANIC was on my wish list since many months!

So wait if E.T. is not listed in that august restock and there's that imax promo with LLLs website on it....

Is E.T. possibly getting a reissue like JP????

Just checked LLLs site even the the LP is out of stock.

Pretty lame to advertise the soundtrack where you can't even buy it.

I'm guessing reissue.

2 hours ago, Bellosh said:

So wait if E.T. is not listed in that august restock and there's that imax promo with LLLs website on it....

Is E.T. possibly getting a reissue like JP????

Just checked LLLs site even the the LP is out of stock.

Pretty lame to advertise the soundtrack where you can't even buy it.

I'm guessing reissue.

E.T. cannot be restocked as the existing release is OOP and they sold all 5000 copies.

They need a new licence with the studio to print more copies, plus whatever requirements the AFM have (tracklist changes, etc).

It might even be more substantial than a reissue, if new elements were discovered in the last 5 years (such as the lost album sessions, presumably destroyed in the Universal fire. Or maybe a better source of the E.T. Adventure music).

Irrc the e.t. Lp version was chronological while the cd version had the kiss? and the levitation? Out in the bonus track section.

i expect a reissue c&c main program this time. And as mentioned maybe better master for the album and film alternates from the same sessions

2 hours ago, Brando said:

You know, I signed up for their newsletter twice and I have yet to receive one.

Same here. I lost count of how many times I tried.