The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

• 3 weeks later...

Crazy to think that Kamen once was THE go-to action composer for the biggest franchises. After Die Hard and Lethal Weapon, it was probably the logical choice to sign him for Last Action Hero. I can't remember the score either, but I bet it shares that DH/LW style.

Clearly Balfe sells well for them.

Might've seen Last Action Hero back in the day... not sure. Unfortunately Kamen is generally not for me.

2 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

Crazy to think that Kamen once was THE go-to action composer for the biggest franchises. After Die Hard and Lethal Weapon, it was probably the logical choice to sign him for Last Action Hero. I can't remember the score either, but I bet it shares that DH/LW style.

Its a John Mctiernan film…

6 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Its a John Mctiernan film…

He only worked with Kamen on three films. Two of them were Die Hard films and one of them was this. (He worked with Jerry twice and Conti twice.)

That was Michael Crichton's decision to hire Jerry for The 13th Warrior, after he took control of the film from McTiernan.

I, for one, am anticipating the cue for this scene :lol:

6 minutes ago, Corellian2019 said:

That was Michael Crichton's decision to hire Jerry for The 13th Warrior, after he took control of the film from McTiernan.

Who was the original composer?